Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced the pedestrian detection suddenly activated. I had an experience on this last week when I was passing a single lane road. There were two people walking towards me and I was driving towards their side. I think i was driving around 30kph above when Ateca suddenly braked and I saw the red Front assist warning on the cluster. Unless the person crossed the road it would have been fine but they didn't. It might have been a false-positive on the algoriithm of the detection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes we've experienced it for no reason at all! We were coming around a slight bend. We quite often have the red driver assist warning and now turn it off when we start the car for a long journey as it drives us mad!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sounds like the high hedgerow / sunken road with bends one. You can try adjusting down to delayed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 'Front Assist system' which automatically puts on the brakes in order to avoid a collision has frightened the life out of my wife and I on several occassions. We have been driving along single track country lanes as well as on an a fairly sharp corners on an A road when the car has braked itself and jolted us! On each occasion we were in total control of the vehicle, although the car would seem to disagree as if it felt in danger that the hedge might jump out and attack it! I did resort to switching it off, but then it would eventually re-set itself back on- which was a pain. Many owners will know that the actual sensor mechanism for this emergency braking is behind the SEAT badge on the front grille. For a while I found a permanet cure by covering the SEAT badge with some gaffa tape. It worked fine although a little unslghtly. Eventually I took it off and now its up to its old tricks again. I'm surprised that more owners haven't encountered the same problem. My vehicle was bought used from a SEAT main agent andwhen I returned it to the dealer for a service I did inform the Salesman - but he seemed to dismissed as a slight inconvenience! Since the Dealer is a 100 miles away I've not been back since and will have it serviced from now on at a local garage.

2017 SEAT ATECA 1.4TFSI in metallic grey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts