Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have taken delivery I'm my new Acteca Excellence but can't get my phone to charge in the system. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone any ideas how to fix this problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
A Henderson said:
Have taken delivery I'm my new Acteca Excellence but can't get my phone to charge in the system. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone any ideas how to fix this problem.
I don't think that the Samsung Galaxy 4 is Qi compatible so you would have to buy a Qi adapter to enable wireless charging.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
On the assumption that you would have your phone plugged to use the Carlink options, that would charge it anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
I think Samsung actually brought out a Qi charging back-plate for the S4. On my S5 it wasn't enabled but a quick change of case to Qi enabled one and all was good. Bit pants of them not to provide it by default but it's possible. Might want to check out the other options too - you could buy kits (the back plate for the phone and Qi charger plate to use at home so you never need to plug in again). Or used to be able to.

(See here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Wireless-Charging-Pad-Galaxy/dp/B00BUI894A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490290547&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s4+wireless+charging )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Hi Mr Kindness :). Genuinely interested to hear that you are using an adaptor for wireless iPhone charging. I was so tempted to do this, but so many bad reviews of the products abound. Does yours work well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
jimbrimble said:
Kindness71 said:
Hi Mr Kindness :). Genuinely interested to hear that you are using an adaptor for wireless iPhone charging. I was so tempted to do this, but so many bad reviews of the products abound. Does yours work well?
Yes and no :? It does seem to work fine in the car and does charge it up quite fast. The problem is everywhere else. I had to get a Qi charging stand for the phone to charge at night and it has the habit once full to keep connecting then disconnecting, causing the phone to vibrate and screen light up. I've got around it by putting the charger on the floor so I don't notice it as much :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Kindness71 said:
jimbrimble said:
Kindness71 said:
Hi Mr Kindness :). Genuinely interested to hear that you are using an adaptor for wireless iPhone charging. I was so tempted to do this, but so many bad reviews of the products abound. Does yours work well?
Yes and no :? It does seem to work fine in the car and does charge it up quite fast. The problem is everywhere else. I had to get a Qi charging stand for the phone to charge at night and it has the habit once full to keep connecting then disconnecting, causing the phone to vibrate and screen light up. I've got around it by putting the charger on the floor so I don't notice it as much :lol:
Good to know. I may get one anyway, as they are cheap as chips, although I'm likely to just plug my phone into the USB socket to use CarPlay.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Has anyone used one on an iPhone 7? I've had a look and it seems to me from the pictures that you need the case permanently plugged into the lightning port on the phone? If this is the case that means I won't be able to use my headphones... damn apple products!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
kelly said:
Has anyone used one on an iPhone 7? I've had a look and it seems to me from the pictures that you need the case permanently plugged into the lightning port on the phone? If this is the case that means I won't be able to use my headphones... damn apple products!!!
Yes needs to be permanently plugged in to lightening port so no headphones unless Bluetooth :? Its a bit flimsy as well so not really meant to be put in and out all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
Just buy the adaptor that allows you to split the lightning input so you can charge and listen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Fred99 said:
Just buy the adaptor that allows you to split the lightning input so you can charge and listen.
would be too fiddly as like I said wouldn't survive long plugging it in and out to put in adapter :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought an QI phone adaptor for my Samsung S4 Galaxy to charge in the Ateca but still does not work, Any Suggestions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
A Henderson said:
Bought an QI phone adaptor for my Samsung S4 Galaxy to charge in the Ateca but still does not work, Any Suggestions.
Have you got a Qi charger for it in your house to make sure its not a faulty adapter? I find mine also works better if I put it upside down in the car charge mat so that the connector on the phone is nearest the car, if you know what I mean. So when on the mat in car if the screen is on its upside down :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top