Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Photos Of Jungle Green

17K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  PaulT00 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any photos of the Ateca in Jungle Green?
I can only find 1 very poor photo on google which isn't enough for me to base a purchase on.
I can find quite a lot of photos of the Skoda Superb and I like it but would really like to see it on an Ateca.

Both SEAT dealers near me have never had any green demo cars either, Is anyone aware of a dealer that has one around the south east (Surrey/Sussex)?

Jungle green appears to be the least favorite metallic colour, so I would be very grateful to hear from any Jungle Green owners who have taken delivery of the car and if possible post or direct me to photos.

Thanks

#5 ·
Saw one in flesh at dealer other week and have seen a yeti in that colour ..... would be my choice over mato
Just a bit more exclusive

#8 ·
Skoda do the Yeti in jungle green and it is very popular. BUT it looks nothing like this, so beware if you are basing your choice on the Skoda version. Personally, I think the SEAT version is just about the most boring colour imaginable, but each to their own. :)

#9 ·
I have seen a jungle green Yeti on a forecourt and was not too impressed, but man that is an ugly car - I thought it was the car putting me off it rather than the color.

Are you saying the Skoda Jungle Green is different to the SEAT Jungle Green?
I was under the impression they were exactly the same although the photos do make the SEAT look a little lighter.

Until I can find a green Ateca in the flesh, I have to base my decision on photos and video.

#10 ·
loffler said:
Until I can find a green Ateca in the flesh, I have to base my decision on photos and video.
Even when you do see the car in the showroom, it looks different to what it does outside - most of the metallics take on a different hue depending on the light. I saw a Jungle Green SE Tech in the showroom, I think it looks better with the contrasting darker wheels, mine will be Xcellence trim with silver alloys - jury is out on that.

Boring colour? I agree, however we all have our own definitions of what boring is. My decision was based on what I was told I liked. :lol: If I did have a say in the matter it would have been:

White: They had this in showroom (Xcellence trim). Silver wheels do it no favour and in my opinion, white hides the shapes along the body. So when light hits the car, you don't see the different shades. I think white is the most boring colour on the Ateca. They offered me a further £300 off the price as they had several white's already in stock but even that wasn't enough persuasion.

Black: Thought it looked good in black but that's only when the car has been cleaned. Drive it for 10mins, it looks tatty and in need of washing again. I'll never have another black car for that reason alone.

Red: Our other car is red. Two red cars? Boring.

Blue: the demonstrator I drove was blue. I thought it looked awful because of that light thing again. Looks OK in the showroom but on the dull day of the test drive it was non-descript. Looked like a 5year old car rather than a brand-new one.

Silver: my 3rd colour choice. Looks good especially with the silver alloys of the Xcellence trim but after nearly 40 years of buying cars and probably half of them being silver! Now that's boring.

Grey: OMG. Grey was my 2nd colour choice but just look at the number of grey Ateca's on this forum! Common as muck :lol: Can't get any more boring than grey!

Cappuccino: By far my 1st colour choice. I think the shapes on the bodywork really stand out in the lighter shade and because it's near silver looking, the Excellence wheels go well with it. There's only one very slight problem - Cappuccino isn't available in the UK :cry:

Brown: I quite liked the brown but didn't want to be constantly reminded of the 1970's. I'd keep thinking of my old neighbours brown Ford Cortina with its matching tan vinyl roof.

Which left me defaulting to the showroom's Jungle Green which isn't very green and more urban jungle than Brazillian rain forest. TBH I've seen pics and video's of both Cappuccino and JG and it's sometimes hard to tell the difference - it all comes down to how the light hit's the car.

#11 ·
ahem, excuse me. I think you may have missed the best colour out? Come on Samoa Orange :D

#12 ·
Golfmk56 - that is almost the exact same thought process as me.
Black, white and silver were ruled out due to historical reasons and the blues were ruled out because of other cars in the house etc.

Long story short, I am left with brown or green. I think green is the safer of the 2 in terms of going out of fashion or getting tired of the colour - plus I think the green looks better with the chrome bling. Green is also my better halves favorite colour, which counts for something I suppose!

#13 ·
loffler said:
I

Are you saying the Skoda Jungle Green is different to the SEAT Jungle Green?
I was under the impression they were exactly the same although the photos do make the SEAT look a little lighter.
Yes - I do believe they are different colours.

#17 ·
I'm surprised but it looks really good in that colour. I also saw the mato brown in my dealers and thought that looked good too. Both very unusual and unique colours :D

#18 ·
Welcome to the forum telemark

That didn't come from hortons did it?
I saw a jungle green one there a couple of weeks ago they had in to prep for a customer :)

I'm sticking with saying it is the same jungle green a skoda

I believe both Paint code L2

Same as mato brown same on both marques
And the passion red is skoda corrida red as used on the Monte Carlo versions

#19 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome Saggy, no it came from Snows in Poole.

Unfortunately I've had a few issues with it since getting it 2 weeks ago. Start-Stop has failed "error message", the wipers no longer work on the first 2 settings "error message", the microphone didn't work until I unplugged it and plugged it back in and one of the back speakers is crackling. :roll:

Not a great start but otherwise I do like the car.

#21 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Blue: the demonstrator I drove was blue. I thought it looked awful because of that light thing again. Looks OK in the showroom but on the dull day of the test drive it was non-descript. Looked like a 5year old car rather than a brand-new one.

Brown: I quite liked the brown but didn't want to be constantly reminded of the 1970's. I'd keep thinking of my old neighbours brown Ford Cortina with its matching tan vinyl roof.
Was it the flat 'cheapskate' blue or Lava Blue though? Which does occasionally think it's green...

And I miss a good solid brown on a car. My high school headmistress had a brown Stag, that was a beauty.

#22 ·
trogette said:
Was it the flat 'cheapskate' blue or Lava Blue though? Which does occasionally think it's green...
T'was Lava in SE spec, original 17" alloys but loaded with extras. I'm sure it's different when the sun is out but on a cold dreich winter's day driving around an area where the locals resemble Rab C Nessbit, the colour together with the tints made the car look more like a black Maria. :D

#24 ·
That's actually the dealer I'm hopefully picking mine up from on Wednesday (still waiting on delivery from the port though!), is looking less likely I'll be able to get it this week as Wednesday was the only day I could due to work commitments :(

#25 ·
Picked up my Jungle green 1.4TSi DSG Xcellence on Friday and thought I would put some photos on for anyone else thinking about getting this very underrated colour. Probably the wrong section to post member photos, but thought better to keep to same thread I started.
I love it, very pleased with it. Hope it inspires some other people.

I don't want too many others driving around though, I quite like the idea of it being unique! So far I've only seen a few Ateca on the road and they have all been grey or white.

Attachments

#26 ·
Lovely looking car. Green is my favourite colour but this wasn't green enough for me to chose it! Next is red but they've discontinued the red 😕
I too have only seen white Atecas on the road so far. Personally I find it such a dull choice 🤣

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.