Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any clever members are any good at photoshop?
Would love to see what my Grey Ateca would look like with:-
Front and rear bumper and chrome grille surround in gloss black.
Gloss Black alloy wheels.
Gloss Black mirrors.
Gloss Black side sills and bumper rather than the matt plastic colour.
Fit the front and rear silver bumper moulding accessories.

Similar to the Q2 black edition below.

Think the Ateca would look really stylish in this colour scheme but would like to see what it would look like before i consider making any changes so was wondering if anyone is able to have a go or advise how easy it is to do on a computer.

? Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Are you thinking if going down the route of a proper, Bodyshop repaint, which will be expensive.

If not, and you've not heard of it, have a look online for Plastidip, which a range of coloured, rubberised paints, which are both durable and easily removable. You can also get clear Plastidip to 'gloss' over a Matt colour. YouTube is full of how to videos, with it being used from wheel colour changes to entire cars.

I've used it a few times for colouring silver badges black etc. and it's really easy to use, as it can be peeled off paintwork etc. in a "dry skin" e.g. From around badges; is also soluble in white spirit to remove overspray, if necessary.

Just an thought / option :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Think that was what an ex sprayed a whole car in - a Matte blue rubber coat paint thing

Could peel it off like vinyl if needed too

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Think that was what an ex sprayed a whole car in - a Matte blue rubber coat paint thing

That's the stuff; forms a kind of like a latex skin :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
I could probably do something in photoshop but would be really fiddly and take hours, and to be honest I can't be ar$$ed, sorry :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:

That's the stuff; forms a kind of like a latex skin :D
Banger :lol: ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kindness71 said:
I could probably do something in photoshop but would be really fiddly and take hours, and to be honest I can't be ar$$ed, sorry :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at full bodyshop respray.

Have full bodyshop quotes

To colour code the front bumper £120 including vat (Only small areas left and right)

To colour code Rear bumper £220 including vat

Will need car for 3 days.

Compared to the price of SEAT accessories for bumper mouldings did not think that was to bad a price.

Did not get a cost for the sills.

If colour coded would look link the Ateca cupra images online but gloss black just might lift the car as the matt plastic lets the car appearance down.

Just can not decide if colour coding the plastic grey to match the car will look best or gloss black to keep the appearance as factory but with a gloss finish!!!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
1970ateca said:
Looking at full bodyshop respray.

Have full bodyshop quotes

To colour code the front bumper £120 including vat (Only small areas left and right)

To colour code Rear bumper £220 including vat

Will need car for 3 days.

Compared to the price of SEAT accessories for bumper mouldings did not think that was to bad a price.

Did not get a cost for the sills.

If colour coded would look link the Ateca cupra images online but gloss black just might lift the car as the matt plastic lets the car appearance down.

Just can not decide if colour coding the plastic grey to match the car will look best or gloss black to keep the appearance as factory but with a gloss finish!!!!!
Respray will certainly change the texture of the door panels, arch trims etc. Am often just a little bit wary of non-factory painting of plastics in case there is tendency to peel due to flexing or insufficient plasticiser in the paint. My main issue is the plastics can be difficult to clean properly as the grain seems to hold dirt/film. Would love to see pics if you go ahead with it :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Body shop quote is to use all the correct plastic primers and sand to a smooth finish before colour top coat to the same spec as any bumper respray.
So the finish will match the rest of the car.

The body shop i got a quote from is the one the dealer uses for all their spray repairs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the prototype had gloss black exterior trim, must of been the accountants saving money going for cheap matt black on production models which just looks cheap after looking at the video

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
That car is the prototype of the big SUV, not strictly the Ateca prototype. The nearest they got to showing a prototype was the Leon Cross. The car in the video had matt black trim in the press release photos, identical to the Ateca.

The Leon Cross had slightly more glossy trim, but not full gloss paint. Paint in such vulnerable areas would be more liable to chipping.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
1970ateca said:
So the prototype had gloss black exterior trim, must of been the accountants saving money going for cheap matt black on production models which just looks cheap after looking at the video

My car looks cheap ? :?

·
Registered
280 Posts
1970ateca said:

Having just had a look t the above video. the one following it also caught my eye, and I consider it to be essential viewing for anyone who is about to buy a new Ateca.... or even to enhance their recent purchase!

You will be spoilt for choice, and it is good to some some of the accessories at close quarters, as it were! :)

Check it out at :

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would just Get this Wrapped... it will be cheaper and reversible. My local guy www.tintteam.co.uk can actually get wrap printed to colour code and I think can photoshop and image to show what's it's like... it's worth looking into... they can wrap just about anything these days.... :) and will be done in less than a day....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looked at the wrapping option but been advised that you can not wrap the lower plastic trim unless it is painted first or primed? Otherwise would have it Gloss black wrapped as below. Still think the chrome grill surround looks better in gloss black which can be wrapped.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.