Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done the deal, or at least as much as you can do so far and placed an 'order' with my dealer.

Subject to finance being right and a test drive, my deposit is refundable.

It the Ateca 2 litre TDi Xcellence 4x4 version, wanted the extra power this engine brings plus I find the 4x4 a little more planted on the road.

Should be towards the end of September.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You beat me. I was put off by the lack off discounts so the dealer I was talking too said wait till September when there may be deals but everything is at the RRP at the minute citing an email from HQ. Thus my grumpiness.

I did sit in an R-line New Tiguan today with Panoramic roof, 20" bi wheels standard, cloth seats standard. The Ateca I had profiled was circa £35,000 RRP [DSG 4x4 with assorted electronics] hence miffed that no discount was possible. The similar specced Tiguan with the bigger wheels is £41,000 with cloth seats which I reckon is better. Discounts at the minute seem to be circa 10 percent.

Think I'm going to let these two hares run. The Ateca is the better looking car, although the VW you can get in titanium beige which is more the colour I like than silver as per Seat. Don't like the leather seats think they would be too hot and sticky in the summer. Shame they don't option these out. The dealer pointed out that dealers think that people want them whilst in reality they don't.

I tested out the panorama roof on the basis it would be the same model as the Ateca which I sat in, in Silverstone but never moved the roof. The headend does play FLAC files so that will be the same. Played with the satnav. VW has the heads up so option, had a look at that although the sales guy said it gets too busy if you already have the digital display that's in the R-Line. They are quoting three months on the VW, Ateca's with Panoramic roofs are pushed back to 2017 according to European boards .

The VW displayed pretty much all of the satnav on the dash in front of you (speedo place). Not sure whether the Ateca just gives you a slimmer view or the big view pushing the "dials" smaller - got to search for Youtube videos for this one on the Ateca, Tiguan did a nice effect if shrinking the dash dials up and bringing the map display up full screen in front of you. That was impressive.

More on the parking break which will crossover to the Ateca on a DSG you just put the parking break into auto and you can just forget about it and never touch it. So that cleared that one up. Buttons on the Ateca / Tiguan are the same on that.

The rest of the Tiguan is pretty identical to the Ateca it's just that those Seat UK men have played around with the top end model restricting you to leather seats and taking orders without discounting. I got the cash now but I'm not wasting it being the careful type.... counting pennies etc and the pounds look after themselves. Could buy quite a few Atecas and Tiguans but choose not to, and not at the correct price (plus quite a few Bentleys).

So my current position is just to let my purchase run till the backend of the year or next, if Seat hadn't have been stupid about discounts I would have ordered it like now. 10 percent and yes they would have my order, sticky seats and the lot. Waiting the gap will close with the VW. Perhaps 20, 10 or 20, 15 in November say. By that stage I might find the looks of the new Tiguan appealing. Really don't think they will be discounting on day 1 in September they still have their head in the clouds, give a few months etc. 0 percent finance is pretty useless if you have the cash, invest it in the markets and it's doing far better than that. On that matter market movements on a daily basis tally with the potential discounts so I then think why bother worrying about discounts but then it comes down to principals of fair price.

So bottom line would be if Seat said, oh forgot, 10 percent is possible now I would order it. September assuming they are in the showrooms will try out those leather seats, check the discounts on the Tiguan and Ateca. Seat still has it's head in the clouds, let it run several months. If stupidity continues I'll buy a VW R-Line, it may grow on me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you make a few valid points. My deal is dependant on what the finance is like. I think I'm more securing a build slot than anything at the moment.

I actually prefer leather seats, easier to clean and feels more luxurious. Modern leather in cars doesn't usually get that hot or cold any more so hopefully not an issue in the Ateca.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dunn VAG Happy said:
New to the forum so Hello all.

Anyway i took my configurator PDF to the dealership yesterday (3rd of June) and tried to pre-order my New Ateca, and apparently they still can't place an order on an Ateca yet, I've paid my deposit for a build slot, but not a word on when it will arrive, final prices including any discounts, any finance offers, etc etc. they don't seem to know anything or possess any ordering capabilities.

If anyone is curious Ive opted for the 2.0TDi xcellence 4Drive in Nevada White, SEAT sound. did exactly the same set up on Broadspeed and it was £1k cheaper than the configurator.
Posted the above on another thread else but moved it here. Frustrated that they are lacking any delivery dates!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
If I go the Ateca route it will be a Panoramic roof which as I understand from a European link posted up around here it wouldn't be built till after Xmas, my last car took 5 months. I may take the advice on the leather but if your partners a veggie it doesn't feel right to ask them to sit on a dead animal. Pitty Seat didn't think of this when they said the only way to get a 4x4 was in leather. The Tiguan has that active big digital display which shows a chunk of map, the Ateca shows you like your next turn info, so probably does do sufficient although I would guess the recognised cameras if you pay for that option get to be put up on the active display whilst for the Ateca it's still on the head end.

I looked again at the Tiguan today and had the colour samples against my existing Altea to judge colours. Watched some YouTube of a German Ateca / Tiguan comparison. .. think I will have to email that to a German friend for a summary. Think I got a bit tired of the look of the Ateca compared to the new Tiguan. So I'm floating, pay the extra for quality. The boot on the Tiguan is better finished, it could be that it was a pre production Ateca I saw but that had a flimsy boot cover which you just tossed into place. The Tiguan has a double layer height as standard still keeping the skinny. More solid.

Personally I wouldn't pay for a build date if the overall deal isn't agreed since you can assume you will be railroaded into the RRP price or a finance deal that costs you. If Seat had not have frustrated me I wouldn't have started looking at the Tiguan. If I find somewhere doing a 10 percent discount Seat will get my order, other than that I remain pulled to spending more and getting a better car that has a VW badge and cloth veggie friendly seats.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Personally I prefer the looks of the Ateca, sharper lines. The Tiguan is lovely but I mainly don't like the massive grill. Bit OTT for me. Also not sure it's worth the mark up, although like you say the perceived quality is higher in places. Plus if they are ready to discount now is a plus.

I will fight for a half decent deal. Just because i have a build order doesn't mean they can roll me over. I am sure the deals will come more into line with what we might expect. I reckon you should get close to your 10% goal, not 15% though. They will shift a few to the near certainty buyers (like me) and the early adopters before they boost the sales with better discounts. Annoying but I guess that's what you pay for the early doors "exclusivity". I am looking for a £1000-1500 deposit contribution. That plus the £1300 of free stuff on the first edition would technically get me that 10% mark.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discounts are shown on the sites for the Tiguan which might be due to the VW issue and saying never a VW type of thing. With the discount if you got it brings the Ateca with no discount about £2,000 away from the Tiguan. Tiguan having the new VW active display, bigger boot, sliding back seats (think that one is inclusive in the top end spec). The bigger plus for me is the partner who is a vegetarian has taken against the Ateca 's leather seats so I know I would be doing wrong if I had an Ateca and afraid 4x4 you have to have leather.

I'm not keen on the Tiguans big grill either but then I'm a bit concerned about whether the Atecas looks would age well, I keep my cars for a long time. There are some German YouTube videos that compare the two where you can look at the two together. Clearly the Ateca is the more youthful design. Don't speak German but I think the guy prefers the Tiguan. If the Ateca was discounted by 10 percent then I could pull off the non veggie seating issue with I am saving money, but £35,000 for a car the partner will moan about against paying more for less moans if the gap is small which it seems is the way to go. I'm not keen on the leather seats myself on a hot sticky day like today, just on comfort grounds.

Seats intransigence to a discount structure, the lousy seating choice in the top end 4x4 spec, the poor boot I saw on the Ateca against Tiguan are all negatives. The deal breaker is the lack of discounts and the leather seats in the 4x4 range. If you have cash you want to deal, having cash you can walk. Being told come back after launch doesn't cut it. Maybe I had a good Seat guy on the phone or it was clear that they weren't going to pull me into an open ended agreement. (my last job before I retired was to scrunise NHS contracting where it's all hard as nails, last to blink etc so as to get the best deals from questionable providers with their devious methods... bit adapt at contracting games).

I will be intrigued to see how Seat keeps people happy who have put their names down to something open ended. Play your cards right and you might get a fluffy toy. I suspect they will play it rough for people that expect more than they want to give and say there are plenty of others in the queue. Certainly I was read chapter and verse on no deals and it was all at RRP at the minute till September. Hence I was advised to wait. This does beg the question of what they are going to do about the car leasing people, those are hanging about thinking they will get a good deal, the guys who have paid a small sum who think they are going to get something more than RRP and the guys who won't deal at the published rates. Whether all these people in any case would generate sales that they are after who knows.... The special edition guys will be told we have given you these extras at a good prise, the rest "well you knew the arrangement". Least that is what I would say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.