Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to search for certain points of interest around a destination you are on the way to? For example find Parking etc. This was always quite a simple task on all previous sat nav systems, I'm sure there must be a way just haven't found it yet....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nav Plus.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The system does come with some preloaded POI

I know has petrol stations as asks if you want to find one when your fuel light comes on

I suspect had parking too

I'm not ever so familiar with it yet but when in nav mode press the POI button and you can get to choices of where (near you now or destination etc) and type

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was keeping quite till I looked at it in the day later. It's got the same POIS in it as HERE Maps apps so I've pulled up say Lidl in a distant town on the cars system. You do a poi search typing in free text.

Showing POIS as Saggy says or didn't is built in for three types but that's different to everything in there. Without looking at the car try new destinations, head over to the top left, select poi and you should or might see what is a free field you can type in, like HMV Bristol say, and that is how it find sit. That's how it works.

It's the equivalent of this that you can do in the app HereWeGo same mapping company and database. Trust me it will find HMV Bristol, bottom screen first and it will put it on the map. If it works in the said app highly likely it's in the cars system. Ditto whether it's a Plus or standard.

I have recommended using the HereWeGo app on here prior to getting in the car since it minimises fumbling with addresses if you can't find it in the database. If it's not in the Here database highly unlikely it's in the cars. So you need the street name, coordinates etc as second best.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You don't have to name place

You can ask by category I think too

Shop

Petrol station

Etc

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You mean like this... :). It's just a free text search on categories. That will be in the cars system as well before new and old businesses change. HereWeGo app that was... saves my legs :).

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
OK some instructions for the car. Hit new destinations, top right and start typing in the name or type and town into the top area. Then you get a list either pick from list or hit the right with the number in it, that gives you the map view. It's a free text search of the POIs in the cars system. Then tap the one you want.

Audio equipment Vehicle audio Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part
)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.