Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several threads and many posts, including Saggy's in the Members Gallery, have mentioned a number of the popular accessories you can get - whether dealer-fit, or DIY. I have a few - still to be fitted - and I thought it would be useful to share Part Numbers and some pics of what they look like, and how they are intended to be fitted. So here goes:

Rear Tailgate Trim: it is MATT silver; I think the Accessories brochures may have made it look chrome

Lower Front Grille Trim:

Fog Light Surrounds:

Rear Bumper Protector:

Sill Protection Film: even though the Xcellence has chrome trims at the front, I may cut the front ones to size and fit on the rear door sills

Cheers, :D all

EDIT - finally got the pictures to show - sorry !

·
Registered
122 Posts
My favs are: The lower grille surround, foglight surrounds. Not shown here, but there's also the door mouldings in chrome. The doors seem so vulnerable without them against parking lot dents.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures now sorted - can't work this damn technology :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Pictures now sorted - can't work this damn technology :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen:

thank you

now get them fitted !!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cheers Mcderms, going for a couple of those bits myself, when you get around to fitting let us know how easy they to fit, fit or dealer. I'm OK for most fit jobs. :roll:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh yes really would like to see how it looks on your car.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taffy2 said:
Cheers Mcderms, going for a couple of those bits myself, when you get around to fitting let us know how easy they to fit, fit or dealer. I'm OK for most fit jobs. :roll:
Taffy - they'll be a doodle; stick on & clip on basically. Only thing is the tapes "grab" quickly so you've got one shot at positioning the tailgate trim, bumper protector and fog light surrounds :eek:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Here's one it came from Ratios in Trier, Germany. Chopping board for your coffee cup, none of that poncy stuff, 3.99 Euros with little legs, wipe down. Had a coffee wobble so invested in a little mat that you can sit on the dash and take off :).

PS grapevines on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell said:
Here's one it came from Ratios in Trier, Germany. Chopping board for your coffee cup, none of that poncy stuff, 3.99 Euros with little legs, wipe down. Had a coffee wobble so invested in a little mat that you can sit on the dash and take off :).

Haha, nice one Tell ! Hope the mpg (or l/km where you are) is holding up well :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
Diy it is then Mcderms, cheers for that.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Every Ateca should have a dash mounted chopping board :). I won't rubbish leather since I splashed my tablet with coffee and got a bit on the seats. I gave a wipe. Bit of chocolate in one of those leather inlet holes in the side part of the seats.

I'm hoping the mpg will be good for the return. It is freezing so didn't go mad on the autobahn unlimited bit, just 80 mph. So it does seem to be doing fine.

The rubber mat suggested by Mcderms in the pictures above I believe is doing well and doesn't impede the subwoofer.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Every Ateca should have a dash mounted chopping board :). I won't rubbish leather since I splashed my tablet with coffee and got a bit on the seats. I gave a wipe. Bit of chocolate in one of those leather inlet holes in the side part of the seats.

I'm hoping the mpg will be good for the return. It is freezing so didn't go mad on the autobahn unlimited bit, just 80 mph. So it does seem to be doing fine.

The rubber mat suggested by Mcderms in the pictures above I believe is doing well and doesn't impede the subwoofer.
Are you actually coming around to having leather at last?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the pictures 'mcderms'!

That Lower Front Grille Trim (which I do rather like!) looks as if it could be a bit fiddly to fit, what with all those small clips, or whatever they are!

Has anyone actually tried to fit one themselves yet?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Montala said:

That Lower Front Grille Trim (which I do rather like!) looks as if it could be a bit fiddly to fit, what with all those small clips, or whatever they are!

Montala - I've offered it up & it is actually easy to do, I think; starting from top middle and working down each side then along the bottom it will just clip into specific spaces in the existing grille - plus the couple of bits of grab tape. Slow & steady so as not to break any clips :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
mcderms said:
Montala said:
That Lower Front Grille Trim looks as if it could be a bit fiddly to fit, what with all those small clips, or whatever they are!

Montala - I've offered it up & it is actually easy to do, I think; starting from top middle and working down each side then along the bottom it will just clip into specific spaces in the existing grille - plus the couple of bits of grab tape. Slow & steady so as not to break any clips :p
Thanks for your reply... I will be very interested in seeing some pictures, once you have fitted it... plus a full report on just how easy (or difficult!) it actually was to do in the end! ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Tell said:

Back to the chopping board mat I note that Sainsbury's now do a small tray which makes an alternative to putting a chopping board on the dash to prevent coffee rings for those that enjoy a flask in the car :).

The Ethereal looks good

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sainsbury+small+tray&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=VmqcWJbcN87v8AeE9I6ADQ

Inspired by my coffee accident in the car at Xmas whilst looking for somewhere to put a mug. The top dash makes a perfect place to put a mug but needs something on it to prevent rings. I bought a pretty small chopping board in Germany whilst travelling since I couldn't find a small tray in the supermarket (in the picture above). For the Sainsbury's one I guess as long as you clear the lip of the tray it should be fine. I'm sticking to my chopping board which acts as a big cup mat.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just caught up with this, so thanks for posting up some good pictures mcd. Looks like they've been taken on top of a Hatchbag rubber mat.

Those sill protectors look interesting but I'm wondering how difficult they are to fit without getting bubbles in. My concern is that they might get torn if accidentally scuffed but they look thicker than I originally thought judging by the way they hang over the edge. I don't even know if my SE comes with anything on the front already but I want it protecting from everyone else's accidental scuffs!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Montala said:

Looks more difficult than you think, but offering up a clip at a time working your way around and it'll be fine :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Niggly said:
Just caught up with this, so thanks for posting up some good pictures mcd. Looks like they've been taken on top of a Hatchbag rubber mat.

Those sill protectors look interesting but I'm wondering how difficult they are to fit without getting bubbles in. My concern is that they might get torn if accidentally scuffed but they look thicker than I originally thought judging by the way they hang over the edge. I don't even know if my SE comes with anything on the front already but I want it protecting from everyone else's accidental scuffs!
Taken on top of rubberised garage flooring, in fact ! :D

Although the Xcellence has front door sill protectors, the rears have nothing. I may trim the 'Ateca' branded covers to size and fit them in the rears, given they are actually for the front doors; or I may just use the rear covers - stool to decide.

They're self adhesive and, to fit them I'll clean sills with white spirit, and then spray the sills lightly with a soap solution. Using the squeegee provided in the kit, this will enable me to avoid air pockets and the solution will just get squeezed out from back edge to front edge as I go, leaving a perfect finish.

They're also more robust than you may think; had a set fitted to the Polo over a year ago and they're still immaculate :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts