Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worked them out again across the range. Taking the weight with one driver from the November brochure for the UK and the Irish one to get the 1.4 TSI DSG attached as a an Excel sheet. I have centred the comparison around the 1.4 TSI DSG as being the desirable one, perhaps, against the others, but easy enough to ratio out the differences.

Due to the heavier weight of a diesel engine the power is important to make up for the additional weight across diesels and petrols. The gearbox on the DSG is slightly more heavy whilst 4Drive you have the weight of the back axle and suspension. Consumption is up on petrols against diesel whilst particle matter may be higher for diesels but less CO2 but lets stick to the power to weight ratio.

Between the 1.4 TSI manual and 1.4 TSI DSG, the manual has 0.74 percent higher powered on the power to weight ratio, this is negligible. The 1.0 TSI is lagging behind by 19 percent. The 1.6 TDI manual provides the worst level of power to weight ratio, 24 percent below the 1.4 TSIs. The 1.4 TSI still has the edge on the 150 TDI 4Drive manual by 12 percent, but the 190 TDI 4Drive DSG is ahead by 8 percent.

Sheet attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bloody hell the diesels are heavy. I can't imagine they feel as nimble as my 1.4 with an extra 200kg on board.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hope you don't mind Tell, but I've updated the spreadsheet to look at torque as well, and then refined it to look at the effect of the weight against each Power and Torques ratio against the 1.4 TSI DSG.

Interesting to see that the 1.4 has the best power ratio, but with the extra torque, the 2.0 TDI's are ahead by 5% (for the 150) and 17% (for the 190).

With the added benefit of the multi link axle at the back, the greater turn in confidence with the heavier (but not excessive weight) of the diesel up front, the extra grunt from the torque - I would say that in a side-by-side comparison, the 1.4 and 2.0 DSG equipped petrol / diesel would be well matched.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts