Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to go for a Pre Order during May? I've talked to a couple of dealers and they confirmed that the order book would be open in May and a car with a customer spec can be secured for a deposit of £500. I asked if this deposit would be returnable if, following a test drive in August, the car proved not suitable to you. I was told that it would be a none returnable deposit. This does not quite make sense to me if the your car had not started being manufactured. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I think this is unusual. The deposit at this stage would be with the dealer I think and not Seat. In all other cases I've seen this happen on new car launches the deposit is fully refundable. Might be worth giving another dealer or two a phone call to ask the question?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#Rob,
It does sound a little odd to me also. I've only had this 'confirmed' this with one dealer to be honest so I'll see what the other one says when I talk to him again. In my area I've plenty of choice.
Ernie

·
Registered
334 Posts
I will definitely go and see what opening pcp offers they have on it from the 1st of May. I will also test drive the Leon to give me some sort of idea. May place an order on blind faith though, early reviews have been excellent. If the upcoming first edition is sub 22k and has extra kit thrown in for "free" then I may even be tempted by that (as long as the colour isn't outrageous).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#Magpie86,

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. The one dealer I talked too suggested that if better 'deals' we're on offer before the delivery, say August when they think cars will be available for test drives, they would be prepared to switch your order to a deal of your choice. All a bit in the air as yet but May is not far off now.
As you say the first view reviews all look very positive.
Just a thought as to the colour. The standard no charge colour is Blue so maybe that just might be the First Edition colour?

·
Registered
334 Posts
We shall see. Going off the choices available on the "as decided by you" section on the website for the first edition, the colour options are white, metallic grey or the orange seen in most promo shots. Combinations of spec choice also include keyless entry, parking sensors or the fancy 360 degree auto parking, chrome or Matt black trims, different alloys, tinted windows and finally full link infotainment or just satellite navigation. Only the lack of full link would be a deal breaker for me. I'm hopeful that they wouldn't just charge the exact price those components would cost specced normally, otherwise I'm not quite sure what the point of the first edition would be. Apart from maybe a special badge on the back!?

Generally I am looking at SE trim with one of the petrol engines. So it would have to match that at a minimum. Wish they would put the configuratior up on the UK website. I have read it's available to play with on other country websites.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 'first edition' will probably not be a choice for me as I want 4drive and DSG.
So for me I would be looking at a Xcellence 2.0 190 TDi DSG 4drive with some additions. Essential for me would be heated front window, electrically adjustable drives seat.
We have a heated front window on the Yeti, it's brilliant, the drivers seat option I do not have as it was only option a month after I took delivery.
At least it seems that Seat are offering a wide range of options and packs from the start.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Visited a couple of dealers today, information much as we know, pre orders May for September delivery. First driveable cars seem to be July/August. BUT I did manage to pick up a printed catalogue which whilst the same basic information as the download is obviously much easier and clearer to read. Big difference in the attitudes and information available at these companies with one being very good and the other rubbish, in my view. The best guy gave us a valuation on our car and talked through the potential buying options based on other Seat new car releases. We have another dealer to visit next week as we are trying to keep our options open.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds promising about cars available to drive. Im sure at worst dealerships would be able to import one from Europe to at least give an idea on size/shape. I know my local Honda dealership did that for the new Hr-v.

I'm hopeful that the first edition if I did go for that would be available earlier than September. Just waiting for May to tick round now! All will be revealed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob said:
Magpie86 said:
Wish they would put the configuratior up on the UK website. I have read it's available to play with on other country websites.
If you want to have a play its on the Spanish website: http://configurador.seat.es/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-003_DEFAULT-es-normal.view;jsessionid=D36923779219DBBA3F726590994A8FC9.jvm2?msk=1#carline
Sadly my experience of on line configurators is not good. OK for an idea and to give you a basic idea but not a lot else unless Seat are better than the majority. However, it's good to play when your waiting to see a real car so let's hope they get it up and running for the May advanced orders?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi.
Had the opportunity to look and feel on Ateca for a couple a week's ago. And I was Some what impressed. Nice looking and reasonable prices.
So I have now ordered TSi 150 ACT 4 drive dsg6. With the trim Xcellence. (Sweden).
Extras
Sunroof
Xcellence package
Wireless phone loading
Driver assist package advance
Electric towing hook
Webasto
8" navi
Studded tires on alloys

Would bee around 27000 gpb before discount.
Looking forward to actually drive the thing.
(Please oversee my poor english and grammatics. )

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very nice spec there Chrand! Think everyone is looking forward to getting in one now.

I'm all booked in for the 1st to put my deposit down to secure a First Edition. Getting closer!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chrand said:
Hi.
Had the opportunity to look and feel on Ateca for a couple a week's ago. And I was Some what impressed. Nice looking and reasonable prices.
So I have now ordered TSi 150 ACT 4 drive dsg6. With the trim Xcellence. (Sweden).
Extras
Sunroof
Xcellence package
Wireless phone loading
Driver assist package advance
Electric towing hook
Webasto
8" navi
Studded tires on alloys

Would bee around 27000 gpb before discount.
Looking forward to actually drive the thing.
(Please oversee my poor english and grammatics. )
Finally, it seems that it will be delivered to the dealer 17 Dec. So maybe I´ll drive a Seat at the beginning of next week.
:)
(Ordered in late May, early June)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I thought Ernie had reappeared when I saw the thread. Good news then and obviously it's a petrol DSG which we don't get in the UK for reasons unknown.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the 1.4tsi DSG is around the corner for the UK. Noticed a few brokers had the engine and transmission listed in excellence trim for about £25700 list price (but unable to add options or proceed with enquiry)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I could see that coming in say April next year. There is a 1.5 TSI which I'm sure Freddie will tell us about but he discounted it, it's bigger and better. Will possibly irritate those waiting for the 1.4 if they switched to that.

The other thing is that some brokers source cars from Eire, so you could see any petrol DSGs coming in that way. Then you have the 2WD 2.0 TDI diesels that got shelved due to the design issue of no AdBlue method designed in, one was a DSG the other manual. With more anti diesel feeling I could see Seat never bringing those to market and releasing the petrol DSG to the UK.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.