Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat in a Qashqai today with a panoramic roof.

A. Not the space of the Ateca with a panoramic roof, my head in the drivers seat with it fully jacked up was pretty close to the roof

B. Foot space when driving isn't so good, knees hitting the steering console

C. It didn't pass my chiller box test. Not a lot of height in the boot between the flat loading area and the parcel shelf. Kadjar fails this one as well

I know I'm biased but I did take the opportunity of testing the comfort on what could have been the market leader, the Qashqai. Moved the tense.

·
Registered
118 Posts
@Tell, there is a new version of the Qashqai due this year I think?? So that will be interesting to see what that looks like. Problem for with the Qashqai is no 4x4, diesel and automatic. Maybe they will be addressing that issue or have a hybrid?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Ernie I would only look at a 4x4 since that was one of must haves for when I move into the countryside. Current automatic aren't the DSG type, dual clutch, Kadjar is which is interesting that alot of the other is shared. Those small boots thou on both with little depth.

Seat are dragging their feet on hybrids with the concept perhaps that Seat is for people who love cars and those that love Seats can't afford hybrid technology, so they are holding back on them till the technology is more affordable for the core Seat market. I'm sure the average Seat driver would love electric acceleration and wouldn't be too concerned about the power behind it. When VW gets affordable mainstream technology then it will come over to Seat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe this is the way to launch a new car?

Premiere Atmosphere for Everyone: World Launch of ŠKODA KODIAQ Live on Internet

29.8.2016 | category: Models

› ŠKODA to introduce new SUV Model in Berlin on 1 September 2016
› World premiere livestream from 19:00 CEST

Mladá Boleslav/Berlin, 29 August 2016 - The curtain rises and the stage awaits: the new ŠKODA KODIAQ is ready for its 1 September world debut in Berlin. ŠKODA will be streaming the impressive production combining film, music and dance choreography live on the Internet from 19:00.

You can watch the 45-minute presentation of the new model via livestream. In addition, the media have the opportunity to broadcast the show on their respective channels per Youtube.

Livestream: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/kodiaq/premiere
Embed Code:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do they do about the free pens ?. ;).

I liked the Ateca launch video although you do see the dry ice man behind the car.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yes it is where I thought it was

http://www.kraftwerkberlin.de/

It's a space that is used for TV broadcasting a German version of Jools Holland type of thing where the audience are desperately close to a massive drop as you see on the website. I'd expect lots of dry ice for the launch and I'd expect a very good sound system. I will watch. Thanks Ernie.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ernie, thanks, I've tested I can get it on my tablet and PC. Last night they had a time showing before, which probably is the warm up time. I did think the light cluster looked unique compared with others.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just hope that we do get to see the car as they do appear to be putting on a song and dance show. However, this is the side of the launch that us mortals never get to see and i'm sure that the 'goody' bags might be just a bit better than a free pen!
It's an interesting concept but if it's present well could catch on and would give us punters a view that is not normally available to us. Maybe we will not need to rush out and buy the latest car mag to get a few photos and a report that largely follows the manufactures hand outs.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question is are they going to use that big space of the hall. They could winch one up to the top floor. Perhaps it's nibbles for the press below. Exhibition on the top floor or have a few hanging. Think they might have set themselves a challenge. Early research put it in the space of the Berlin Live location but I've lost that now.

Still here's the location if I didn't have an aberration, the space is used for a weekly pan European German music programme

Kraftwerk hall is said location on YouTube Skoda channel and TV show...

http://www.kraftwerkberlin.de/en/programme.html

Based on the Vision S prototype, with video

http://www.deswinks.com/skoda/about-us/the-new-/

But then it was snapped recently

http://m.carandbike.com/news/skoda-kodiaq-spotted-testing-ahead-of-its-official-debut-next-month-1395794

I see there are assorted pictures appearing today of it.

Where does the Yeti replacement come in all of this, is it the 5 door version ?. Or is to be released a year later. I had discounted the KODIAQ as too big for my needs. The 7 seater is a bit like the Mazda Primera when the two sets of back seats are dropped or have some up for getting big holiday bags in. Never had the flexibility of moving back seats except in hire cars.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Yeti II is due early 2018 and is 5 door. The Kodiak will be in 5 and 7 seat versions. Hybrids are on the horizon but as yet no time scale. I've always liked the option to remove my Yeti rear seats, heavy, as it give a good load space. Removing one or two gives again good flexibility. This kind of design may not be on the radar when you buy but is usefull when the need arises. Skoda are also going to release a smaller size cross over similar I guess to the Seat Leon version that is being trailed. ( maybe more a marketing design than a real cross over in my view). Off topic sorry.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Seat Ibiza SUV, it does have a name, except I've forgotten the name of it. Something like the Acona. The press got the Ateca name wrong at the start so they might have got this one wrong... if I remembered the name of it :).

Some enterprising sole could have a look a whether the rails for the Tiguan fit the Ateca. That was the case for the Altea and the VW Golf Plus. Someone did that in Germany and published the part numbers.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Close! It's the Arona. It's a town in southern Tenerife.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When you get to my age names drop off, they always did.

I'm sure you will keep us abreast on what is being said in Spain on the TDI150 front. Bit of a disaster here in the UK given that petrol DSGs aren't being sold in the UK, so effectively you are pushed to 4x4 even if you didn't want one although I did want one. It came the week before the official launch of the Ateca in the UK. Seat UK'S pruning of the product range on a we know what's best basis, is looking even more stupid now specific models have been withdrawn. These youngsters....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ernieb said:
Maybe this is the way to launch a new car?

Premiere Atmosphere for Everyone: World Launch of ŠKODA KODIAQ Live on Internet

29.8.2016 | category: Models

› ŠKODA to introduce new SUV Model in Berlin on 1 September 2016
› World premiere livestream from 19:00 CEST

Mladá Boleslav/Berlin, 29 August 2016 - The curtain rises and the stage awaits: the new ŠKODA KODIAQ is ready for its 1 September world debut in Berlin. ŠKODA will be streaming the impressive production combining film, music and dance choreography live on the Internet from 19:00.

You can watch the 45-minute presentation of the new model via livestream. In addition, the media have the opportunity to broadcast the show on their respective channels per Youtube.

Livestream: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/kodiaq/premiere
Embed Code:
I see all the Ateca colours in the launch :). That Rhodium Grey with hints of blue and green. That blue.... I'm still waiting for the guest appearance of the bear. Similar to the Ateca, KODIAQ is built on the Superb whilst the Ateca was on the Leon in marketing feel good terms.

Ernie you got to wait till March.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I reckon those links to the YouTube channel still work and they will have their own channel as they said. There will be a larger Seat SUV which will replace one presumes the ALHAMBRA.

The design cues between Seat and Skoda are getting closer. Their designer may talk about Czech cut glass but those teutonic lines are in Seat and Skoda now.

Think VW are covering their bases by launching different sized SUVs between their subsidiaries, possibly, may be why the Yeti replacement got pushed back since it clashed with the Seat and they were playing catch up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
@Tell, agreed. Skoda Kodiaq today Seat ??? tomorrow, Seat Ateca today Skoda Yeti II tomorrow etc. etc. Each brand has it fans and appeals to a group or groups of buyers meaning all the bases get covered. Just hope that Brexit does not mean a price rise at some point down the line UK cars are already at a premium.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Personally I like that Kodiak. Don't need the extra size but it is stylish. I think if the Yeti II does take some styling cues from that it would be a good thing, making it a tad less boxy. Could be argued part of the Yetis charm is it's very obvious 4x4 looks though.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the way the designs are going is reflected by VWs chief designer Walter de Silva, under his watchful eye Seat and Skoda are getting some flare, and it all started when he did the Altea coming from Alfa Romeo. Strangely the VWs own designs are more restrained, probably they are supposed to appeal to the core middle of the road type of people and Seat mopped up the youth side. Now Skoda is off the reigns as well to produce better looking vehicles.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.