Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes a change to read something that is not a re jigged press release with the odd word changed.

Can't wait for August test drive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope you manage to get a decent test drive. I've found garages very variable about where and how long you get behind the wheel. The best I had was at a local Kia dealer who just gave me the keys and said off you go. When I asked when did he wanted it back he just indicated before the garage closed. The worst was a recent Mazda dealer with the CX5 who literally only wanted me to drive up and down a straight road about a mile in each direction. My Skoda dealer asked what I wanted to get out of the test drive and guided me through a very varied test route, roundabouts, speed humps, motorways, dual and single raids etc., we were out about 50 minutes, good enough to get a feel of the car.
I think with a car like the Ateca you need a good test circuit and importantly time to stop, adjust the seating and get going again.
Best of luck, it will be good to see how you get on?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seeing as they want to seal the deal I'm hoping it will be decent. The Mazda cx3 I tested I had someone with me and I drove to home and back with a few varied roads. Both fiats that i ended up buying, the 500 and 500L, I have been given the keys and said bring it back when you want and I had my wife with me. All same dealership but obviously different manufacturers.. Will see.

At the end of the day I have got my first edition build, but that doesn't mean I have to commit. If I like the finance deal but hate the car it's off and I get the deposit back. And vice versa. I'd like at least an hour with it unattended but I reckon it's unlikely. Also depends on the spec they choose as to how interested I am. If they have an Xcellence I can play with the toys in showroom but driving style will be irrelevant if it is 4WD 2.0 diesel. Mine will be 1.0 petrol 2WD. Still exciting as the months gradually tick by. The 16 year old mondeo I am currently driving as a stop gap is ok enough, but makes me miss the latest niceties!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I signed up to the keep me informed via e-mail some months ago and have never received any communication, very bad marketing in my view. Why make the offer if they are not going to follow it up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Given the high levels of interest, they're probably saving the details until there's a gap in the order books. I haven't heard anything either. Doesn't bode well if customer service is required at some point.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I mustn't look very trust worthy then, no one has even given me the keys and said off you go!

I do think a point above is important, before you set off adjust everything, seats, mirrors etc. so that it would be setup for how you have the car. Enjoy the test drive!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I will always set everything as close as I can. I don't expect to dislike the car by any stretch of the imagination. It's probably going to be the nicest thing I have ever driven. Just looking forward to seeing one in the metal and confirming I made a good choice.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am probably getting email info because I have actually handed them some money! I hope contact and marketing improves closer to launch.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You won't be disappointed by it I'm sure. The one I sat in was solid enough. Think you know my negatives about it in the Xcellence spec.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.