Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sat nav on mute most of the time but sometimes I want to quickly change so the voice is on.

Only way I know is to go into the settings and adjust it which takes a bit of time and takes your eyes away from the road. My old Ibiza had a simple button so you could mute/unmute with one press.

Does the Areca have anything like this?

G

·
I'm not sure, but you can try pressing mute button on the steering wheel when the satnav is giving instructions. I know that you can alter the satnav volume that way. Normally when you turn the volume knob, the volume indicator on the dashboard display has a red bar (if you happen to have colour display option). When the satnav is giving instructions and you turn the volume knob, the volume indicator bar is blue, meaning that you are now adjusting the satnav volume. I have not tested this, but maybe if you press the radio mute button (left roller on the steering wheel) at that point, it will mute the satnav? Even if it works, it may be impossible to get it unmuted that way.

G

·
^ I tested my own advice last night, and it really mutes the nav, but only the current announcement. Next time the nav has something to say, she will say it anyway. Of cause you can then mute that announcement again, as soon as you here it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts