Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a conversation with Seat customer services dept. They have categorically told me in no uncertain terms that "there does not exist anywhere such and accessory as The Ateca spare wheel kit".

Also on the passenger front door just below the tyre pressure settings is a drawing of the rear of the car with the boot open and what I assume is a spare wheel with the size noted as "125/70 R17". All very well but my model (eco tech) has 18" wheels.

I am getting more confused by the day. Where does one go from here.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The wheels size may be smaller but the tyre is much higher profile to the end result is about the same. It is not really a "spare" wheel, it is an "emergency - get you to the nearest tyre depot" wheel.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's a 'space saving spare wheel'. It's as Fred states and there is a limit on the speed you should travel when it's used. Real spare wheels are a thing of the past. Space saver or squirty foam these days.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Leon said:
It's a 'space saving spare wheel'. It's as Fred states and there is a limit on the speed you should travel when it's used. Real spare wheels are a thing of the past. Space saver or squirty foam these days.
Can they be ordered as an accessory, and fitted by the customer though after purchase, or are they only available as a factory fitted option?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Montala said:
Leon said:
Can they be ordered as an accessory, and fitted by the customer though after purchase, or are they only available as a factory fitted option?
i have it in mine , the dealer told me it was because i have seat sound system

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think you can order it with and without the Seat Sound System at time of purchase but probably dependent on Seat market. I'm sure if you took the size to a tyres place they would advice what could be post fitted to the car just to sell you the stuff if Seat won't help. That's what I'd do. Protyres I find very good at sorting stuff out.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
As standard, the car comes with the repair kit and pump. If you want the emergency wheel, you can order it. If you order the SEAT sound (or the Nav+ which includes SEAT sound) the configurator tells you you must order the wheel otherwise there is nowhere to fit the woofer.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yeah Fred it's people who change their mind after ordering the car then they find they don't have an upgrade path via Seat. I assume there are some bolt holes that can be used to fit the tyre in. I haven't bothered to mess about with mine. As noted with Ruth when her dealer screwed up the order Seat did post sort something out less the sound system but it isn't a service they are offering for people who buy something they decide themselves they want to change.... think we have to enlists Ruth's partner with a camera. I'm sure as I said a self respecting tyres fitter would advise.

Nav+ I still had to order it as component parts as far as the UK was concerned. Spain my be different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts