Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a rear bumper protector for the Ateca themselves?

A few sources say that the installation is easily done by yourself by the fact that it has simple double sided tape on the bottom.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had it down by seat but took a couple of attempts...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dargas said:
Has anyone installed a rear bumper protector for the Ateca themselves?

A few sources say that the installation is easily done by yourself by the fact that it has simple double sided tape on the bottom.
I bought this one in black -

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP902&sid=806inym06z1u8lc0c1969f39722qf410

Yet to install it as I'm waiting for the rain to stop but it seems a really good fit, looks good and looks to offer decent protection from an excitable spaniel. I'll let you know what's it's like when it's on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I installed the rearguard protector and also the sill protectors.

The rearguard protector was actually very easy to install. Just need to make sure you line it up correctly and use some masking tape to mark the bits either side before exposing the tape to properly stick it down. I was sceptical if the black would go or not but given the bit below is also black and of a similar material it blends in very well especially against the grey paintwork.

The sill protectors were a bit more fiddly to install. It took me a couple of attempts to get it right having to take a couple of them off and put them on again but now they're all on I'm very happy with the way they look. The also seem to offer more protection than the silver strips.

Pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing that looks really nice, wondering if it would work just as well with my nevada white.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dargas said:
Thanks for sharing that looks really nice, wondering if it would work just as well with my nevada white.
The below pic is from the rearguard site and you can see a black one fitted on a white Ateca. Personally I think it looks ok because you've got the black bit of the bumper below it so it seems to work. The carbon one might look ok as well. I guess it's just personal choice. Which one do you prefer?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought this one in black -

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.p...f=RBP902&sid=806inym06z1u8lc0c1969f39722qf410

Yet to install it as I'm waiting for the rain to stop but it seems a really good fit, looks good and looks to offer decent protection from an excitable spaniel. I'll let you know what's it's like when it's on.
Nice one jackbauer took your advice and bought one a bit expensive, but it fits like a glove and really looks the part and it does what it says on the tin. Bought silver to go with my Magic Black. Fitting was a breeze 5 mins start to finish. Many thanks for the post you done me a favour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts