Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a new Seat 2.0 TDI 190PS 4Drive XCELLENCE DSG-Auto

I would like to no if any members have any issues regarding the Rear Doors there seems to be a design problem (Water / Mud / Ice gets into the inner door) I have been informed there have no other complains raised or reported till my own query. I have raised with the Main Dearlers in my local area of Manchester UK

Would like any feedback

Regards fillthekill

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed the same problem with my Ateca,looks like a design problem as most cars and jeeps I have owned the rear doors sit inside the rear arch and do not form part of the arch as does the Ateca ,dirt and road grit seem to build up in this area which I think will lead to corrosion problems down the line.

·
Registered
918 Posts
They all have this issue.

It should not be a corrosion issue, but at each wash not I use a spray and small soft detailing brush to gently clean the debris away; a particular issue in UK roads in winter with the salt & grit that gets laid down. Wouldn't recommend cleaning this with your sponge or wash mitt to avoid it being spread to paintwork else where.

Watch out for the rubber trim; one or two have had issues with it peeling away early on; is only stuck on. I've not had same problem fortunately :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks exactly same as the rear doors on a Land Rover Discovery 3 or 4. Same style of door/rear arch and they get mud and crud building up on the same part. Easy way to clean is with a low flow on a hose pipe to dislodge majority (if not all) then finish with a small sponge or brush (as per McDermott suggestion). Never had any serious issue with the Discovery's that we've had in the past - just another bit to clean from time to time.

Since the Ateca is to arrive with me, can someone confirm that the lower door section on both front &a rear doors manages to keep the sill free from aforementioned crud/mud - my thoughts are that it should but would like to hear others experience? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.