Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
have a quick question, I was not really able to see this in any of the videos posted online. Does Ateca in fact have only bulb rear turn signal lights (non-led)? Or can anyone post pics/video of the rear signal lights in use? I'm a bit concerned with this, the facelift Leon will offer a much nicer rear light integration. Otherwise it would seem as an almost perfect car for the money.
Thank you!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe the rear indicator lights are bulbs as are the reversing lights. and only the main rear lights are LED. Don't let this put you off though, they still look great. A big selling point with LEDs is that you'll never have to change a bulb, but in my last two cars the LEDs have failed and then you have to replace the whole light unit which cost many times more than a bulb. Mind you, one was a Peugeot and one was a Shitroen, so maybe that was a French thing?!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both.

So as per manual, Full-LED should really mean all taillights are LED, including the turn signals. Although based on the pics and videos, the back turn signals don't look that 'LED-ish'? Can any user confirm :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Not confirming but reading the manual on replacement bulbs and how easy I concluded that I won't get spares since it looked tricky. Any comments on that ?.

Might be able to answer the other question on Tuesday.

Led ish can be defined as a ribbon that looks continuous or one bulb which is a LED in the reflector, the back is the one bulb type from the documentation. Fronts are the pretty strips.

·
Registered
37 Posts
(unfortunately) I can confirm that there are bulbs like mentioned.. when i bought it i also thought it was full led. New Leon looks like the real (led) deal. It's a shame that all technology is up to date except this. Probably has something to do with a long design process..

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
At the front, the indicators are LED as they are part of the DRLs. At the rear if they used the same technology, there would be no rear red light showing when indicating at night, which presumably would contravene the traffic regs.

If you are then limited to one simple indicator bulb, I can't see the point of it being an LED. It's only a bulb and there will be limitations as to how bright it can be. Same with the reversing lights.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I agree with Freddie. Read DRL as pretty in my description, the LEDs are held in a tube which can look continous or more discrete dependent on how close they are placed together. Do any cars use the pretty LED strips at the back even if they do, you might for design reasons not do it that way on the Ateca for rear opening.

Interesting if you scan the June brochure against the September brochure, LEDs are mentioned on the tail, they are shown on all except the S but gone on the September brochure.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was watching Thomas' first video and he does say rear LED is available on the Ateca, so it must be on the full LED ones.

I think you get lesser Ateca and full led ones, S and SE, are full LED. This might be the issue.

The technical manual as has been referenced a number of times on this board says on page 41, rear lights there are two types:

LED lights
Bullb lights

With the LED lights the reverse and turn lights are halogen bulbs as per the technical manual. That will be why if you are watching videos of the car they might look different since base models aren't full LED.

Also in that section it mentions the design of the light includes a personalised detail, displaying the text "Seat Lighting" in order to reinforce it's technology image.

Hope that throws some light on it...

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's a handy video. Always good to see things in the flesh rather than the manual. One suggestion is to lay the light cluster on a towel then you won't scratch up the lens :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts