Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share this with everyone that may be interested.
Stoped raining today for a few hours so I managed to get around to fitting a RVC using a genuine replacement handle with camera. Wired to the back of the unit in the glove box, with a bit of re-coding, the jobs a good one, and looks standard. Total cost 拢40 and 2 hours of my time..so anyone thinking can it be done here鈥檚 the proof..馃憤

Attachments

Registered
This is interesting, I just purchased a SE Tech (2019) and collect it on Monday. Can't wait to go through all the tech! (I'm coming from a Flintmobile). One thing that I was bummed about, was the fact I didn't have a reverse camera. Can I ask, which model you installed this camera on?

edit; Also, what kind of "re-coding" are we talking? do you mind pointing me into the right direction of finding out how to do this?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is interesting, I just purchased a SE Tech (2019) and collect it on Monday. Can't wait to go through all the tech! (I'm coming from a Flintmobile). One thing that I was bummed about, was the fact I didn't have a reverse camera. Can I ask, which model you installed this camera on?

edit; Also, what kind of "re-coding" are we talking? do you mind pointing me into the right direction of finding out how to do this?
I used a Genuine camera kit and cable connection plug that I picked up from a well known auction site for 拢40 for the ateca, I have the FR Sport but sure this would fit all various levels as long as you have cd unit in glove box, you would just need to do your research first, I have VAG COM so used it to switch it on in infotainment ecu and from memory parking aid ecu but there are plenty of info on YouTube for reference, the handle with camera is a straight replacement, you need to run cable from camera to glove box area using suitable switch live and earth, then attach video in wires using a plug that fits back of cd unit.
Four wires in total.
I have uploaded a couple of photos, hope this helps.

Attachments

Registered
I used a Genuine camera kit and cable connection plug that I picked up from a well known auction site for 拢40 for the ateca, I have the FR Sport but sure this would fit all various levels as long as you have cd unit in glove box, you would just need to do your research first, I have VAG COM so used it to switch it on in infotainment ecu and from memory parking aid ecu but there are plenty of info on YouTube for reference, the handle with camera is a straight replacement, you need to run cable from camera to glove box area using suitable switch live and earth, then attach video in wires using a plug that fits back of cd unit.
Four wires in total.
I have uploaded a couple of photos, hope this helps.
Thank you, I didn't end up picking the 2019 model up today as I found a 2021 model (X LUX) which has all the bells and whistles for 拢7k more ... would be rude not to!

but good information for any other passer-by's!

Registered
Glen, thats a great achievement.
I've been keen to get a reversing camera ever since I got the car (a facelifted SE TDI 4 drive DSG) in February 2021. Any information on how you routed the wiring and where you picked up the power and what coding was required.
I thnk the coding has become more difficcult since the facelift. And there's no CD in my glovebox. Does this mean it wouldnt work?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Best, GF

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glen, thats a great achievement.
I've been keen to get a reversing camera ever since I got the car (a facelifted SE TDI 4 drive DSG) in February 2021. Any information on how you routed the wiring and where you picked up the power and what coding was required.
I thnk the coding has become more difficcult since the facelift. And there's no CD in my glovebox. Does this mean it wouldnt work?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Best, GF
I am sure it can be done if it was an option from the factory but without owning that model of car I wouldn鈥檛 be able to figure it out.
It鈥檚 only a facelift model from what I have read so probably only bolt on cosmetic bits added.
Assuming you have no sat nav unit in glove box, then the connections would be directly attached to infotainment unit I would think, Plenty of info on internet though and company鈥檚 willing to do the retro fit for you at a price.

Registered
Thought I would share this with everyone that may be interested.
Stoped raining today for a few hours so I managed to get around to fitting a RVC using a genuine replacement handle with camera. Wired to the back of the unit in the glove box, with a bit of re-coding, the jobs a good one, and looks standard. Total cost 拢40 and 2 hours of my time..so anyone thinking can it be done here鈥檚 the proof..馃憤
Hi Glyn, what recoding was required?

I got the original parts fitted at a Seat dealership and it shows as an aftermarket install when reverse has been engaged.

Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Glyn, what recoding was required?

I got the original parts fitted at a Seat dealership and it shows as an aftermarket install when reverse has been engaged.

Thanks
From what I can remember only revers camera off to on in infotainment.馃憤
Be interested to see a screen shot of your aftermarket message.?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Glyn, are your lines dynamic? Mines look like the following:

Also, how difficult was it to amend that setting within infotainment?
Just fixed lines, I am going to switch them off when I get a minute, if you have and are familiar with VCDS it it straight forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts