Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Might want to ring up your local seat garages concerning a recall for the ESC unit.

Not a major fix apparently booked in for July for me as they can't give me a car until then to use!

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Andy,

Where have you got this from? I have searched the internet and nothing except your comment.

Tim

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tim

I got it from SEAT direct I took it on for some work cosmetics wise and they told me. It was just released so fairly new recall..an enhancement to the ESC.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Andyam said:
Hi Tim

I got it from SEAT direct I took it on for some work cosmetics wise and they told me. It was just released so fairly new recall..an enhancement to the ESC.

Thanks
Andy
Cheers for that Andy, I will have to keep my ear to the ground as my dealer isn't that good.

Tim

·
Registered
778 Posts
Curious indeed. Should be a 5 minute check on the dealer's service computer to see if your car has had it.

Did a quick check on the VOSA database (http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp) and doesn't appear to be a major safety related recall as I can't find anything for the Ateca (not saying my search skills are the best though!).

Probably one of those recalls / fixes they normally bundle up for when your car is next in for servicing (either that or they're going to be writing to the owners affected).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Andy

When you say you got the recall direct from SEAT could you confirm if it was SEAT HQ or the actual dealer. If the latter which dealer and where are they located. I do not trust my dealer/service manager one little bit especially after the duff gen given on the cambelt situation.

Do you know what the ESC problem is?

I looked up the VOSPA web address you supplied below but the Ateca isn't on the list? Cheers

James
Tonbridge, Kent

·
Registered
778 Posts
jasbo11 said:
I looked up the VOSPA web address you supplied below but the Ateca isn't on the list? Cheers

James
Tonbridge, Kent
That's my point - I did say I don't guarantee my search skills :) BUT... the Vosa DB stores all safety critical recalls for all car models sold in the UK. If there's a mandatory safety recall it will appear in that DB, so the inference is, if there's no mention of it then it's not a major safety recall issue. Could be wrong too - I'm not a motor trade professional.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Andy

Sorry to bother you again but, regrettably you didn't answer the questions I posed in the first part of my post yesterday. I would be very grateful for this information. Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Andy

Extremely disappointed you have not provided a response to my earlier questions posted on 31 May and on 1 June. I spoke to SEAT HQ who said there was no recall on the ESC? Again, as I stated earlier, there is nothing on the accurate website you provided. Could you please reply.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jasbo11 said:
Hi Andy

Extremely disappointed you have not provided a response to my earlier questions posted on 31 May and on 1 June. I spoke to SEAT HQ who said there was no recall on the ESC? Again, as I stated earlier, there is nothing on the accurate website you provided. Could you please reply.
Hi jasbo11

Not sure what you expected I kinda have a life out of this forum. Kids, a job, social life. So carry on being extremely disappointed.....wth!

I don't work for you, answering your questions is not my life priorities and I sincerely apologise to you if that's what you expected...

SEAT bristol, I didn't supply any website I just passed information from the dealer who was doing some work for me.

Jeez...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My husband took the Ateca into the dealer yesterday for an air con problem (fan not working when a/c on). He was told while the car was with them, they did need to do a fix but that it was relating to the electronic parking brake. Car still at garage so have no other info at present.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Andy

Very surprised that in your busy life you have time to put duff information on the forum and cannot justify it. I find your reply to be insulting and wish I hadn't wasted my precious time contacting you because you're obviously a total waste of space.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jasbo11 if andys information is not good enough for you then go and find the info for yourself instead of bad mouthing people he was only trying to help.if you be nice to people people will help you.were you at the back of the queue when manners were giving out

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jasbo11 said:
Andy

Very surprised that in your busy life you have time to put duff information on the forum and cannot justify it. I find your reply to be insulting and wish I hadn't wasted my precious time contacting you because you're obviously a total waste of space.
James, Thanks :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hillbillies said:
Jasbo11 if andys information is not good enough for you then go and find the info for yourself instead of bad mouthing people he was only trying to help.if you be nice to people people will help you.were you at the back of the queue when manners were giving out
Hillbillie

I did not bad mouth anyone. If you were insulted with sarcastic comments then presumably you would just ignore. I did find the info myself but the problem did not exist! "He was only trying to help" - what create confusion because the problem does not exist and he would not spell out what exactly was going on despite two or three posts. If anyone has shown bad manners then it was Andy.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
jasbo11 said:
Andy
...you're obviously a total waste of space.
Hillbillies said:
Jasbo11 if andys information is not good enough for you then go and find the info for yourself instead of bad mouthing people...
jasbo11 said:
Hillbillie
I did not bad mouth anyone.
'
I doubt you'll find many defence lawyers offering their help on this one jasbo11 :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi all !

Hopefully to help on this - my Ateca was in for a 10k miles first service today and I can say that the dealer (Morrisons in Stirling) advised there was an update due to ESC software; but it is NOT a formal recall for cars. On the paperwork it notes it as "Carry out workshop action 45F9" in case that helps anybody query with their dealer.

When the "update" was mentioned - and before I was told what it was for - I said I believed there was one for ESC and the Service Advisor confirmed that was, indeed, its purpose ! I have not enquiries as to the why's & wherefore's; just comfortable with it having been done :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts