Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Haven't properly introduced myself. I'm a new member from the small island of Malta ... The one with the fine weather! :cool: I've tried the 1.0l and 1.6l petrol/diesel variants and should be trying the 1.4l next Friday. I'm confident this fits me most so if all goes well I'll be booking my Ateca in Xcellence trim with 18" machined performance alloys.

I just cannot decide between the Rhodium Grey and the Black Magic colour. I've enjoyed scrolling through your pics while lurking around the forum (special kudos to whoever came up with the real world pictures post *bow*). I would really appreciate if any more of you have any more pictures of these colours to share, especially in higher trims. Maybe it'll help me choose! :roll:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Spark, don't think you will disappointed with either colour as the Ateca looks great in both, and the xcellence in the 1.4 is an excellent choice, it's so quiet you don't know if engine is running or not. Happy shopping. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry Spark don't suppose earlier post was much help, having the black magic myself it gets the vote from me every time. Makes the car look really classy, hope you have seen my pics in members gallery.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your greeting. I ve always loved the look of black cars. I have a dark grey fiesta myself which resembles the look of the rhodium grey. I'm very happy with the choice of colour I had made back then but I think black still attracts me more. I just love the mystery it sets out. That said, I saw a Rhodium Grey Ateca at the dealer last time I went and it looked the nuts!

·
Registered
979 Posts
SparK said:
Thanks for your greeting. I ve always loved the look of black cars. I have a dark grey fiesta myself which resembles the look of the rhodium grey. I'm very happy with the choice of colour I had made back then but I think black still attracts me more. I just love the mystery it sets out. That said, I saw a Rhodium Grey Ateca at the dealer last time I went and it looked the nuts!
Welcome Spark, between the two I think my favorite is the Rhodium Grey, however in your case as you already have a car with similar colour you have to go with Black, especially if you take Taffy's lead and get the chrome side strips, looks class ;) You need to change, otherwise you will always be thinking why did I pick the same damn colour :? I went from a white car to Orange, it's just got to be done, change is good :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already got my eyes on those chrome bits! I just can't afford to top up the specs more than I'm planning to for now but hey, that's a deffo birthday pressie the misses will have to keep up with :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
SparK said:
I already got my eyes on those chrome bits! I just can't afford to top up the specs more than I'm planning to for now but hey, that's a deffo birthday pressie the misses will have to keep up with :lol:
I know the feeling I keep posting on another thread places to get them cheaper, but just cant afford it myself yet :oops: I'm off work this week getting a new kitchen fitted, hence no money and shed loads of posts on here as bored shirtless :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I too came from a dark grey Toyota so didn't need to look at the rodium as it would have been to close a colour to the old car. Set on navada white till came across the black in showroom and immediately made me change my mind for the black. Can't stop admiring the car parked up. :cool:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Rodium Grey is alot like one of the Audi colours and since I kept seeing similar Audi Q3s in this colour round here went for that. Black as muttered yesterday is accident prone in London atleast since people don't see the car and just slam into them at junctions, the sides. I would have kept to the bronze silver I had before but Seat / Skoda dropped that colour and went for the bright silver. Afraid that colour is driven on wrecks round here since its an old colour. Heat is an issue in the UK and I vowed to never have a dark car after having a magenta one which use to get incredibly hot. Stupid having the AC running to battle against a temperature that you induced by having a dark car. White, you have to clean too much. Orange, fine if you can park outside your own property and not annoy people who might not be into that colour. Don't like solid colours after my first car where the paint bleached out although that is suppose to be sorted these days, but no I sticked to metallic where you get the fun hues.

Basically I got stuck since I couldn't find the colour I wanted but I did keep seeing the Audi look a like (side and tailend) in Rodium Grey and came round to it. Will see in the summer how it attracts the heat. My number one choice would have been to have stuck to the bronze / silver chameleon colour of my Altea but since this colour was scrapped now I'm onto the chameleon colour of Rodium Grey. Basically it edges towards blue in sunlight but will take on a green colour when covered in condensation or in overcast light. Mica paint plays these tricks. You won't see this in photographs.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Pruning my pictures off my device today this to me is the most accurate rendition that I've got of the rodium grey colour in sun light. You get to see all of those hues. Tow hook cover is the base colour then reflection and the mica does the rest. I don't have any pictures when it changes to green when covered in condensation or on cloudy days, but a tinge of green is the colour it takes on. Pass on why this occurs whether it's detraction when covered in moisture.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for this. That's really looking good there. Very close to the grey I remember at the dealer's

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's it. Tried the 1.4l and booked my car today! Now the wait.... I'll let you know what choice of colour I went for when it's here hehe.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
SparK said:
That's it. Tried the 1.4l and booked my car today! Now the wait.... I'll let you know what choice of colour I went for when it's here hehe.
it will turn out to be neither of the above :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Took the liberty of taking a few pics of a Black Magic Xcellence during my test drive along some muddy country roads in the wet, ordered same colour and spec as soon as we got it back to the dealer...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts