Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

To introduce myself I am looking to buy a demo ateca, and I think I have found one. However it doesn't have the parking pack, no problem except for I want the front sensors. Being a new car probably no one has done this, but on the off chance has any one fitted the front sesonros so it works with the display in th cabin?

Seat have said they can fit them but will not work with the in display....unsure how true this is as I have vagcom so could look there but don't have the car yet!

Thanks
Andy

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Give you some fragments, I reckon you would have to install park assist since that is what gives you the front sensors and you would expect may be or not that the cars program would support that.

Give you two pages from SSP 165 Seat Ateca Drive Assistance. I reckon you would need all those components. Think you would be a brave man. You can Google the VW parts.

If you read of anyone doing it for a Golf Mk7 then it's probably do able since it shares common systems . Question is whether there is an in between system where you don't need automatic parking that gives you the sensors which is used on the proximity or whether you need the the whole hog. Perhaps in some Ateca European markets or on the Golf Mk7 full blown park assist is untangled, in the UK market it isn't. You'd have to look to see what you got with the rear sensors and how that integrates with the front via control units.

Will let you carry on the rest of the research.

Product Font Material property Rectangle Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Andyam said:
However it doesn't have the parking pack, no problem except for I want the front sensors.
'
If anyone want's front sensors that's entirely their right to have them, but what use are front sensors if not to be used by the self-parking system?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I don't understand your question. I assume they would do the same job as the rear sensors which are part of Park Pilot but also display the front sensors. That was an option which I had on the Leon which did not have the self parking option.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think Andy wants them on the car overview display for manual parking but probably doesn't want the full park assist. Suspect major engineering work to get the full park assist as a retrofit.

Worth again stating since people have incorrectly ordered their Ateca's in the past. If you order top view it won't come with the front ultrasound, the only way of getting that is to order Park Assist plus Top View then you get the best of both worlds when manually parking plus front assist cutting in for close proximity manoeuvres.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fred99 said:
I don't understand your question. I assume they would do the same job as the rear sensors which are part of Park Pilot but also display the front sensors. That was an option which I had on the Leon which did not have the self parking option.
'
Rear sensors are used because it's difficult to see out a small back window and there are substantial blind spots at each side of the car when using any of the mirrors. The difference with front sensors is you a bloody great big piece of glass to look thru !

Why look at an 8" monitor when you've got an 85" TV screen? :lol:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You obviously think there is no point in having front sensors. Well, I find them invaluable also the self parking and 360 cameras. That's probably because I only have vision in one eye. Perhaps you should try parking or manoeuvring with a patch over one eye and you might appreciate that not everyone is blessed with the ability to park perfectly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can't see the front of the car from the driver's seat, I can only see the curve of the bonnet. In time I will learn where the front is but in the mean time, front sensors would be very useful.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have decent binocular vision (at least when wearing my specs...) and I still find the front sensors really handy. For some reason, I can't yet judge the length of the Ateca's (snub) nose - invariably when parking nose on to something, if I just do it by eye I find I'm a foot or more short of where I think the nose should end. Not sure if it's just an adjustment issue - I'm fairly certain the nose of the old Altea XL wasn't that much longer than the Ateca's, and I used to be able to get that within a few inches of the target - but in the meantime it's very helpful to have the sensor readouts on the top view screen. It's also very useful when manoeuvring into spaces like our front drive, where there are unseeable objects far below visual level such as a low (15") stone wall, planters etc - I generally manoeuvre until the sensor display goes red and that tells me I'm in the right spot but still clear of anything which might rip the chin panel off the car etc...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
In lieu of X-ray vision the parking aids I find very useful :). Because of height of the car and the bonnet things disappear from sight at close range.

As far as top view was concerned I thought that was an overkill when I first got the car but that's also pretty time saving in getting close up to parking spots with reduced faffing around of getting out and looking, wiggling the car and repeating. Getting up close to double yellow lines, getting in grid parking boxes and taking the car upto close to front objects.

I think if you got the dosh both are worth having although top view is more of a luxury.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good one golfmk...

Anyway, thanks for the help...managed to find a nearly new ateca with the parking park so we are all good now no need to retrofit. As this is my wife's car mainly and she is rather small and also nervous about jumping to this size of a car I thought it would be a good idea to assist her parking rather than run the risk of damaging someone else's car inc ours.
Cheers

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Glad you got it sorted Andy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts