Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting the reversing camera come on when selecting first gear, not all the time but enough to notice. It does cancel once you are moving.
Wasn't sure if the selectors are close together or anything could be done?

·
Registered
341 Posts
It Does come on when it senses an object in the front of the side of you, if you look through the menus you can disable this "activate automatically". I am in two minds as whether it is a good idea or not to leave it activating automatically, when you go into a car park it picks up the bollards but in the same token driving down a small narrow farm track it kept on beeping with a high hedgerows.

·
Registered
979 Posts
jamesiow said:
It Does come on when it senses an object in the front of the side of you, if you look through the menus you can disable this "activate automatically". I am in two minds as whether it is a good idea or not to leave it activating automatically, when you go into a car park it picks up the bollards but in the same token driving down a small narrow farm track it kept on beeping with a high hedgerows.
Are you not talking about the parking sensors rather than the camera? I have a couple of times put the car in reverse instead of 1st gear by mistake and not realised till the camera came on :oops:

·
Registered
283 Posts
It always seems to come on if there are nearby obstacles and you have the 360 view camera.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm on about the camera coming on and not the sensors when engaging first gear

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh if the camera coming on something is wrong! Suggest you call mr dealer up and book her in!

·
Registered
85 Posts
It also comes on if the car rolls back, even slightly

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After taking it into the dealers, that's what they have said that if the vehicle detects any reversing or rolling back motion it will start camera as a safety thing.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Darrin3333 said:
After taking it into the dealers, that's what they have said that if the vehicle detects any reversing or rolling back motion it will start camera as a safety thing.
Ahh yes sorry if you had said there was a slight roll backwards we would have known as it has been mentioned before on the forums about this safety feature :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts