Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
................... there is something about this car that makes me reverse angled lol

I used to be like it in a Peugeot RCZr
think there are slopes on body creases or something that throw you

not used to camera yet as only driven a few things with and passenger mirror is a diff view field to yeti

only way I am anywhere near straight is if I use drivers mirror only lol

I'm a real stickler for straight parking, even if not in a bay, so it's going to annoy me till I get used to her

at work I have my own space at the end of a building and I line up with the corner ..... will be embarrassing if i'm on the slosh lol !!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sally playing tricks on you...

The angled windows could be throwing you. The reversing camera you have to be careful when moving since its wide angle, you can race backwards. I nearly hit a car parking up since it was a bit disorienting. Then you got the variable power steering as to what the turns give you against what you are use too.

I'm lousy at reversed parking. Still havent tried park assist yet. 360 degrees does make it easy to work out where you are but only in the day light. The sides by the curb are still dark at night.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I'll get there ~ I pride myself on my reversing into parking spaces ability usually lol :shock:

I have park assist but I only wanted it for the 4 corner sensors rather than it's ability to park me :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The four corner sensor is very good and that's what I've been using it for. I don't want to loose the ability to park.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy - check the manual (don't have the reference to hand) but you can (supposedly ! :D ) set the passenger side mirror to dip when in reverse gear. Might help with your concern; the more help the better I'd say - certainly helped me on some cars not to ding wheels off kerbs when parallel reverse parking into tight spots!

As for park assist - we selected this for same reasons as you; had it on my previous A3 and was too uncertain to even try it; saw it done in a Fifth Gear clip on YouTube so it did work. #paranoid :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Same with me, I reverse on and keep parking wonky on the drive... and I parked in KFC the other night and got out and was so embarrassed I got back in and re-parked it.. I couldn't leave it like that...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am soooooo relieved it isn't only me !!

was almost too embarrassed to mention it being female and all that but glad to see men admitting it too lol

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
may try the mirror thing McDerms :)
may just add to my confusion haha

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Cause we could all be getting old. I think it's the variable power steering, getting use to that against what you have been driving and the concept of where the sides of the car are.

What take them off the Saggy setting. You need 360 ;). Good to see what the front wheel is doing but you don't know where the back is and as said 360 is no good at looking at the side in the dark. It has its uses.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
I am soooooo relieved it isn't only me !!

was almost too embarrassed to mention it being female and all that but glad to see men admitting it too lol

I can appear to park it straight but I'm having more of a problem judging the length; seem particularly finding myself parking in marked spaces with my bum hanging out a bit :oops:

·
Registered
57 Posts
mcderms said:
set the passenger side mirror to dip when in reverse gear. :
You can do that! Wow

I think I need to download the manual, anyone know where I can download one?

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you came first McDerms :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lovely, 328 pages of pure delight to read!

Does the excellence come with the power button to close the boot?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steveateca said:

it does for sure if you buy the foot wiggle thing but not sure if not
someone should be along soon to answer :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Steveateca said:

That was a question I asked a few times, and afraid the answer is no. You only get the electric boot when you pay for the foot wiggler :roll:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I tried to reverse into a space in Tesco's earlier and got it really wonky so I tried again with the door open so I could see the white line and the car didn't budge! I'm guessing it won't let you reverse with the drivers door open?

Sorry, did I say Tesco's? , I meant Waitrose. :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Dougie said:
Saggy said:
you came first McDerms :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We must warn new members not to provide you, or a Saggy, with any ammunition for a double entendre :shock: Mind you, my first thoughts were :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt Saggy will catch up with us :p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts