Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone experienced this? My breaks started to make squeaky noise after a less than a month, took car to dealership - new car falls in to a 6 month warranty - it took weeks but at the end they have changed break pads. All was good for 4 days, then it all started again. Now in contact with Seat direct, in my dealership words i qoute 'we have done everything, contact seat direct' , so now booked again. They have already mentioned thatnew breaks are made that way that they squeak 馃檮what a load of shit. Ive told them that when i did road test before buying car - there wasnt any noise and i wasnt mentioned i will get a car with noise.

Anyone been through this? Any advise

Thank you

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My brakes are a bit squeaky now but mine has done 17,000 miles and just over a year old. Hopefully they get sorted soon as they shouldn't be like that out the factory
I am disappointed at the moment, we afe booked once again in August, this is the only time when they can fit me with loan car - in this financial climate i am not prepared to loose a day work, i am self employed.
I just feel that it will escalate to ombudsman.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only covered just over 13000 miles in my Sep 2019 1.5, due to Covid restrictions. However, my brakes have never squeaked.

Normal breaks shouldnt, VW group are using cheap ones, in some cars i am guessing, my previous skoda had a same issue and they're answer was - its a common issue which VW group knows about and they are not doing much about it

Registered
I am disappointed at the moment, we afe booked once again in August, this is the only time when they can fit me with loan car - in this financial climate i am not prepared to loose a day work, i am self employed.
I just feel that it will escalate to ombudsman.
I had the same problem with the rear brakes on my 2021 Xperience Lux. Mentioned it at my annual service in January and the dealer replaced the rear calipers with an updated design on Seat UK's recommendation.
Since then no noise whatsoever from the rear brakes when reversing which has pleased me as well as the neighbours as the noise was akin to a very loud grinding more common on train brakes!!
Also agree that it is a known VAG problem as had it on my previous Audi A3 but not quite as bad as with the Ateca.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same problem with the rear brakes on my 2021 Xperience Lux. Mentioned it at my annual service in January and the dealer replaced the rear calipers with an updated design on Seat UK's recommendation.
Since then no noise whatsoever from the rear brakes when reversing which has pleased me as well as the neighbours as the noise was akin to a very loud grinding more common on train brakes!!
Also agree that it is a known VAG problem as had it on my previous Audi A3 but not quite as bad as with the Ateca.
Thank yoh for this information, i will make sure to suggest them, mine are front ones-and its whenever i presss brake they squeak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts