Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be good to keep eachother posted on if we see the (often overpriced) extras such as T track roof bars to fit the Ateca Rails, floor and boot mats (not on eBay yet), mud flaps etc for sale outside of the dealerships.

These extras are often over priced through the dealership and if i can get them ordered separately i wont be held hostage to their prices! Genuine stuff is always the best but im sure there will be other suppliers that offer a competitive price. If they dont arrive on the market through other sellers i'll have to bite the bullet and get the protection pack fitted.

If anyone knows the Thule bars that will fit the Ateca rails that would be great too

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
For my Altea door mats I went straight to Halfords brought them back, took out mother's heavy duty scissors and cut the drivers side to shape. Being a DSG automatic it was slightlt odd size and the backs just needed cutting, they were designed for that. Then for months on the other site people who had bought the genuine Seat mats were moaning about how theirs were falling apart, the drivers side after ten years started to wear. I could shift over the rears and passenger side I reckon, I still need a new drivers side, so that's what I'll be doing.

I noticed Protyres fitted non standard disks the other day. The Seat ones I've had fitted in the long past were marked up as VW. My strategy is to use these fitters and allow them to find MOT stuff, get that sorted, then get it Seat serviced and MOTted. So my tricks is a check on the four wheel alignment prior to the MOT at Protyres and then the Seat service and MOT. That way you don't get landed with Seat garage prices other than the fixed price service and MOT if the first stage finds things before they do. The dealer in MK thought that disks never making contact at the rear or scratches were perfectly OK when it was in warranty.... The Barnet Seat garage is happy to deliver your car back to you with the turbo boost pipe hanging. One is sharp practice, the others are jokers.

The other thing is once it's out of warranty you can book the Seat service online and get European breakdown cover thrown in. The Seat cover isn't restricted to where the garage is unlike my current one. So I'll be doing that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dunn VAG Happy said:
I think it would be good to keep eachother posted on if we see the (often overpriced) extras such as T track roof bars to fit the Ateca Rails, floor and boot mats (not on eBay yet), mud flaps etc for sale outside of the dealerships.

These extras are often over priced through the dealership and if i can get them ordered separately i wont be held hostage to their prices! Genuine stuff is always the best but im sure there will be other suppliers that offer a competitive price. If they dont arrive on the market through other sellers i'll have to bite the bullet and get the protection pack fitted.

If anyone knows the Thule bars that will fit the Ateca rails that would be great too
Thule Rapid System 775 and SquareBar 769 will fit Ateca. That's what Thule says anyway :)
I will buy the original, 575071151 when I need one. In Sweden some 42 £ extra compared with the cheapest Thule.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.seataccesoriescatalogue.com/en/cat2.php?CAT=27&PK_CAR=40

For the genuine Accessories catalogue, go careful though or you may end up wanting more, no prices but does have part numbers.

Ill be buying roof bars that have the T track for fast and secure loading of my Thule bike carriers.

Just spoke to my local dealer (still trying to sell me paint work protection) giving me a price on the protection pack and he seems to be under the impression that if you have gone for the Xcellence material mats come as standard.

Googled the part Number for the Mud flaps and they are half the price of what the dealer wants from a independent parts supplier!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
These people have prices

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/SEAT_Ateca_2017,b.html

I'm cogitating headlight protectors / deflectors. Anybody know whether the beam can be clicked for the continent. For my Altea I bought purpose sold Altea headlight protectors from the Seat dealer that included plastic pieces that you stuck inside them on the grid marks. Bob was your uncle. You peeled them off when returning, stuck them onto the backing material and just keep recycling them each time you go abroad. They were made in Australia, they also make Fiat ones as well.

Tell tail sign as to whether they intend you to stick deflectors on the lights is whether the front lights have markings for the sticky bit to be applied - if front mounting, however page 136 of the Ateca manual reads, "tourist light mode" is legal abroad. Doesn't say how to switch to it, perhaps minimum setting or haven't read it enough.

So looks like light protectors and deflectors are separate now. Research continues. Will have to check whether Leon Mk3 owners can buy protectors, they stop stone chips giving you expensive headlight repairs that's if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Hmmm from the Ateca manual

Driving abroad The light beam of the dipped beam lights is asymmetric: the side of the road on which you are driving is lit more intensely. When a car that is manufactured in a country that drives on the right travels to a country that drives on the left (or vice versa), it is normally necessary to cover part of the headlight bulbs with stickers or to change the adjustment of the headlights to avoid dazzling other drivers. In such cases, the regulations specify certain light values that must be complied with for designated points of the light distribution. This is known as "Tourist light".

The light distribution of the halogen and fullLED headlights allows the specific "tourist light" values to be met without the need for stickers or changes in the settings. Note "Tourist light" is only allowed temporarily. If you are planning a long stay in a country that drives on the other side, you should take the vehicle to an Authorised Technical Service to change the headlights.
The Leon Mk3 has similar text in the manual. Discussions on that... Basically you don't need to stick on deflectors but if you ever moved to the continent long term the car would fail the law, so it's a temporary allowance, no extra buttons to twiddle.

That then leaves the small matter of whether headlight protectors will be made for it. I got a definite feeling that headlight protectors have been dropped from accessories since I can't find them on Leon Mk3 catalogue although on the Mk2, the car that inherited some of the Altea's design parts. Anybody got any information on these step forward. I reckon Leon Mk3 owners gamble the LED pretty light look against the £500 + or so charge to make good a smashed assembly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, can anybody give me a definite outcome on the interior mats question?
I've got a 1.4 DSG Excellence on order and really want to know whether it should have bespoke mats fitted as standard. I've searched all existing posts on the subject and it never really seems to have been brought to a definitive answer.
Can anyone, who's taken delivery of an Excellence build order, please clarify whether interior carpet mats (not rubber mats) are a standard feature.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my 1.4 DSG excellence two weeks ago. Definitely has fabric mats in it, may get rubber ones for winter - from Aldi/Lidl ? Got space saver wheel inc jack etc on eBay - saved £50+ over Seat dealer !
For those who may have read my previous posts on discount will not honour the £1000 advertised as the car was delivered outside the T&C of the ad. ( I still feel that it is a bit of a con if they cannot deliver!) However the dealer had reduced price by £500 and added a £250 voucher for accessories as a gesture of goodwill - nice touch !
I'm still finding all sorts of nice touches with the car which I enjoy and give it quite an "up market" feel, to me anyway!

·
Registered
341 Posts
PaulR said:
Hi, can anybody give me a definite outcome on the interior mats question?
I've got a 1.4 DSG Excellence on order and really want to know whether it should have bespoke mats fitted as standard. I've searched all existing posts on the subject and it never really seems to have been brought to a definitive answer.
Can anyone, who's taken delivery of an Excellence build order, please clarify whether interior carpet mats (not rubber mats) are a standard feature.
Many thanks.
Hi,
The interior mats are ok but no heal protecter on the drivers side, are identical in quality to the ones in my Leon which with my boots on worn out in less than six months on the driver side! I bought off eBay for my Leon's and high quality fabric ones which are '800' thick and have heal protector for the driver-side at £30, been good for over 2 ½ years. In fact they have fit in the Ateca too and placed them in my new car. I understand the Leon/Ateca mats are same fitment as Golf mk7

·
Registered
48 Posts
Took delivery 2 weeks ago with carpet mats as standard

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks James / Biscuitwll for the replies.
Happy to just know that mats will be in place from day one. I'll take your advice and look at better quality mats when they start to get shabby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.