Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.0 se tech with full link etc. I have had the car since Nov 16. I am generally happy with the car but the sat nav and full link are driving me to distraction. The sat nav appears not to recognise UK postcodes, and even my home city. Also when attaching the car to full link, the system keeps disconnecting. Went on a short journey of 25 miles it disconnected 20 times st least. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Lippy2365. Which phone are you using and what operating system? Which of the three connection systems are you using and which app?

There are a lot of variables :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Moto G4. With Android think it's Marshmallow 7.0. it's using Android Auto. Phone is only a matter of months old.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Lippy2365 said:
It's Moto G4. With Android think it's Marshmallow 7.0. it's using Android Auto. Phone is only a matter of months old.
'
That's what I have, but it's running Android 6.0. No problems whatsoever, in fact I'm impressed with the integration, much better than other cars I've connected it to.

Android Auto functions faultlessly (once everything is setup). The only bugbear I have is despite all the hype, Android Auto is disappointing. (I was expecting to use a replica of my touchscreen phone on the car screen). Mirrorlink may have been better but I'm sure that doesn't live up to the hype either. Other than Google maps, I'm struggling to see the point of Android Auto - for my needs anyway.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lippy are you talking about the built in satnav? If you are then I'm the same, it does not recognise any post code I put in :cry: it gets the general area putting in the first point such as ne3 but not the rest. It's not as if they are new builds or anything so should be on it. Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had an issue like that once, but entering it again a minute later it worked. I assumed it was slow to access the database.
When I picked it up the dealer initially told me i should put the space in the middle but that's not right, it should be entered as a single string.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I only collected my Ateca on Friday and I've not had a problem with the system recognising any of the postcodes I've entered!

I wonder if I have a newer version of the maps or software as my dealer gave me the DVD case like packaging for my SD card that contains the maps?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I will have to have a trip to the dealer. My issue is the that the Full link keeps disconnecting. I do not have problem with initial connection. The factory fitted sat nav only works on the first part of the post code, or does not allow the information to be entered into it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've only used Full Link with Apply Car Play and I've not had any issues with it disconnecting!

In fact I think it's fantastic! I can even use it to control my lights at home from within the car!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Lippy2365 said:
Also when attaching the car to full link, the system keeps disconnecting. Went on a short journey of 25 miles it disconnected 20 times st least. Any suggestions.
'
Just had a thought... have you tried the other USB to connect your phone?

·
Registered
979 Posts
NeilW said:
I had an issue like that once, but entering it again a minute later it worked. I assumed it was slow to access the database.
When I picked it up the dealer initially told me i should put the space in the middle but that's not right, it should be entered as a single string.
Just tried a load of postcodes and find it recognises up to the 5th digit then no further. :x
Even tried Buckingham palace at SW1A 1AA but same thing. Mine also needs the space in as stopped working at SW1A1 without it. Can you give me an example postcode that you know definitely works on yours. Can you also confirm what version it says on SD card. Mine is Europe 1(v4)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Just tried a load of postcodes and find it recognises up to the 5th digit then no further. :x
Even tried Buckingham palace at SW1A 1AA but same thing. Mine also needs the space in as stopped working at SW1A1 without it. Can you give me an example postcode that you know definitely works on yours. Can you also confirm what version it says on SD card. Mine is Europe 1(v4)
I used HP1 1EF on 31st March.
Also MK40 1SL on 7th April.
SD card is the same as yours Europe 1 (V4).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am pretty unhappy with the built-in navigation. I am often not able to find streets or any other places that I search for... and it takes ages to find what I entered... so I rather use Waze on my phone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My SD card is also V4 and the postcodes seem to be working ok.

I will try testing it out over the next few days to see if there is an issue with it recognising postcodes!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I regard Sat nav issue, go to set address and press city, at the bottom right hand side it's says post code, press this and it allows you to put in a full post code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Lippy2365 and Kindness71
Go to sat nav
Press New Destination on the top right hand side
Then press City
This brings up the keyboard
At the bottom on the Left hand side it gives you the option for Postcodes
Press postcode and a small box appears
Press ABC
Then put in full postcode

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tony123 said:
Hi I regard Sat nav issue, go to set address and press city, at the bottom right hand side it's says post code, press this and it allows you to put in a full post code.
Spot on Tony that accepts the full postcode, thanks :D It's seems crazy that when choosing the search option like I have been doing, it doesn't take the full postcode. What a convoluted process to type in a postcode and too many key presses :roll:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Lippy are you talking about the built in satnav? If you are then I'm the same, it does not recognise any post code I put in :cry: it gets the general area putting in the first point such as ne3 but not the rest. It's not as if they are new builds or anything so should be on it. Anyone else get this?
Yes, it sent me completely the wrong way yesterday as it did not recognise the full UK postcode. Now I realise why. It really is not a good system. In fact it makes Apple maps look fantastic.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tony123 said:
Hi Lippy2365 and Kindness71
Go to sat nav
Press New Destination on the top right hand side
Then press City
This brings up the keyboard
At the bottom on the Left hand side it gives you the option for Postcodes
Press postcode and a small box appears
Press ABC
Then put in full postcode
Yes, I did this, and it still didn't recognise the proper postcode.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts