Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I have noticed that on the sat nav screen, the direction of travel is always 'compass orientated', so that if (for example) I am heading in a southerly direction the arrow is pointing downwards, and if I am going west, it is to the left... etc.

Not very well explained, but I hope it is clear what I am saying!

What I am used to, and what I would prefer to have is that the direction of travel is always towards the top of the screen (i.e. 'north') regardless of my actual compass heading.

It is hopefully just a minor change in the 'options' somewhere, but I am not quite sure where!

Also, is it possible to have the time displayed on the large navigation screen, please?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm trying to picture my screen now

I don't think I had to change it in option

I think there are symbols on rhs screen

one of those dictates if N or not I think from memory

·
Registered
128 Posts
The map display needs to be in 2D mode before you can select north-facing or direction of travel. See page 53 of the Media/Navi System Owners Manual.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Montala said:
Also, is it possible to have the time displayed on the large navigation screen, please?
I haven't found a way to get the time on the nav screen. I don't think it's possible, which is a bit annoying because the front seat passenger can't see it on the instrument panel.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I have mine on 3D with auto zoom and direction of travel forward. I was pleased when I got it sorted. I did this post

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=356&p=3192&hilit=Auto+zoom#p3192

On time now and destination time I have that on the front display, I read speed off the dial not digital and keep the navigation display on the dash and on the 8" screen.

It is a bit limiting on combination of destination time, time now another alternative is duration but opted to do the maths in my head. The small display shows what your next turns are. It uses a sliding bar to show distance to turn. Final destination distance appears on that screen if less than 10 miles. I keep the total destination on the big screen with the turns shown. Hopefully the link covers it above.

I also keep the verbose direction down, so it doesn't name each road. There is a setting for that. Press the right button again on the unit or wheel if you miss the direction or need it on demand.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys... I will check mine again in the morning, but I am sure it is currently set on 2D, but it looks as if pressing the 'button' with the 'N' symbol on it might well be the answer, to my 'direction of travel' query.

I haven't checked out the 3D mode yet either... there are just so many options available, both here and elsewhere!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dasalias said:
Montala said:
I haven't found a way to get the time on the nav screen. I don't think it's possible, which is a bit annoying because the front seat passenger can't see it on the instrument panel.
That is exactly what my wife said to me this morning... hence my question!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You can see it on the display. My partner reads that panel as well from the passenger seat but you may need glasses thou. Unless the time is tucked on the left just out of view. Don't think so since they praise they can read the panel fine plus the main satnav display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts