Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver who delivered my Atecar, (1.6TDi Eco-Tech SE), told me the dealer had forgotten to insert the SD Card but was posting it to me 1st class - WRONG!! - When it did not arrive I contacted the dealer (JCB Seat, Ashford, Kent) who told me the SD card had been on order for 1 week and would post ASAP - WRONG!! - When I search the internet I find that this is a well known and documented issue.

I just wondered if anyone out there could offer any comforting words on this issue because no dealer I have visited has mentioned it.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Think Saggy should give them hell when she picks up her car this week if no card. Have you tried Seat Customer Services too see what they say.

The string of issues with the card not working when you get one I believe is down to a previous card being put in, then your card when delivered won't work since someone has already married up the unit to a missing card. That can be fixed by Seat. There seem to be people about like that around.

Feels like a poll coming on with experience of whether your car was delivered with a working sd card in the last month, whether you got one and it worked, didn't work, still not working or fixed.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
Think Saggy should give them hell when she picks up her car this week if no card.
No need to yell at them Tell. Already in hand. My card arrived with them this morning (they have to request it) , my boot works perfectly, my trim is on, she looks beautiful ..... is just me holding the collection up as need to take time off and busy till then :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi ColR. I too am waiting for my SD Card. I've had my car for 3 weeks now and I was told there was a supply issue with the cards and mine will be posted out to me when available.
I've since been chasing the dealer in Belfast and they sent me this response below which was from the Seat dealers internal hub, quote
"How to order satellite-navigation SD cards
SE0779-16
22 NOV 2016
Dealers must order SD cards for Toledo and Ateca models that have satellite navigation. We have a supply issue for SD cards for Ateca models built before week 46 2016 (6P0919866H). Stock should be available by Friday 25 November 2016."
So..., hopefully the supply issue should resolved.
Check with you dealer and quote the message above from THEIR internal dealer hub.
Hope this helps!
(Ps. I am still waiting for mine....., but hopefully I'll get it this week.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
Tell said:
Think Saggy should give them hell when she picks up her car this week if no card.
No need to yell at them Tell. Already in hand. My card arrived with them this morning (they have to request it) , my boot works perfectly, my trim is on, she looks beautiful ..... is just me holding the collection up as need to take time off and busy till then :)
You go girl! Mine's always half full just like yours. I had no problems what so ever with my car, and there's no reason to assume anyone else will too.
i had a real rapport with the salesman I dealt with. I spent 4 and a half hours with him on one occasion. Both working in similar customer service jobs, you just click or you don't. We did, but a lot of people don't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i hope when i get mine in 2 weeks that the SD Card is working , and the rest :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
LMose said:
Lmose - we have had our car since 25 October, and every single aspect of the car works as it should, except for a slight noise when the heated windscreen is on. We had no problems with sat nav or sd card readers. My neighbour got his car 3 weeks before us, but there was a delay with his sat nav sd card being available , but it was resolved quickly by the dealer. Others than that, he had loose trim panel in the tailgate, which again was fixed quickly and easily. I think a lot of what is discussed on the forum has something to do with each of us getting accustomed to how these new cars work. We've never had. SEAT before now, but have other VW group cars; the Ateca is every bit as good as the other brands :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
mcderms said:
LMose said:
Lmose - we have had our car since 25 October, and every single aspect of the car works as it should, except for a slight noise when the heated windscreen is on. We had no problems with sat nav or sd card readers. My neighbour got his car 3 weeks before us, but there was a delay with his sat nav sd card being available , but it was resolved quickly by the dealer. Others than that, he had loose trim panel in the tailgate, which again was fixed quickly and easily. I think a lot of what is discussed on the forum has something to do with each of us getting accustomed to how these new cars work. We've never had. SEAT before now, but have other VW group cars; the Ateca is every bit as good as the other brands :D
Hear hear! :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Seat cars are good but some dealers are crappy. I've had a Seat for 12 years. I had two good dealers for 10 years and one crap dealer for 2 years. I changed mine this time and seriously considered the Tiguan based on it giving me the interior that I wanted and a range of dealers close by, but then decided I'd make the effort to travel further since I preferred the Ateca looks, Tiguan is too staid for me. I can't fault central Seat customer services they are on your case.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's good to hear.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I could swear that I have just posted on this thread... but my comments seem to have vanished into a 'black hole' somewhere!

Anyway, I am slightly confused about the comments on the sat-nav SD card, as I had assumed that any new Ateca with a build in Navigation System, would come with this already loaded by the factory, and that it would only have to be updated by the dealer if necessary.

However it looks as if it won't even 'work' at all without the correct SD card, and that this is not necessarily included with the vehicle?

Are my assumptions correct here please, as it does all sound a bit strange?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Montala said:
I could swear that I have just posted on this thread... but my comments seem to have vanished into a 'black hole' somewhere!

Anyway, I am slightly confused about the comments on the sat-nav SD card, as I had assumed that any new Ateca with a build in Navigation System, would come with this already loaded by the factory, and that it would only have to be updated by the dealer if necessary.

However it looks as if it won't even 'work' at all without the correct SD card, and that this is not necessarily included with the vehicle?

Are my assumptions correct here please, as it does all sound a bit strange?
Basically unless you have gone for the very top spec nav system (which Tell has, it comes with a hard drive with the maps installed already) the standard nav system gets the map information from a SD card located within the unit in the glovebox. This is included when you buy the car. Mine was ready to go. However, a fair few people have received their Atecas without the SD card. It seems there is a shortage and they are being sent out to the dealers later, rather than hold up delivery of the car.

There is also an issue with some SD cards not working properly, which is also being sorted by the respective dealerships. As to upgrades, not sure how that works. I am happy using Apple maps using CarPlay so havent given it much thought.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Montala said:
I can tell you when that happens. It's if between typing the reply someone else posts something. You submit but it throws the screen up again since there is a new reply and you might want to alter what you post - you don't spot it and it's never posted. Best to do a preview then you see anything else that has come up in the meantime, then press submit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tell said:
Montala said:
I can tell you when that happens. It's if between typing the reply someone else posts something. You submit but it throws the screen up again since there is a new reply and you might want to alter what you post - you don't spot it and it's never posted. Best to do a preview then you see anything else that has come up in the meantime, then press submit.
Thanks Telll... I guess that is what must have happened then!

In future I will always do as you suggest!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well - SD card arrived 10 days after car was delivered. I installed this morning and all seems to be working fine.

However:-

When I switched on the ignition and inserted the sd card (as per manual) all I got on the screen was "checking navigation card data" not as per manual. This went on for at least 20 mins. Eventually I got fed up and pressed the NAVI button and hey presto navigation screen was there ready to "rock 'n roll". I would add this has yet to have a field test.

Why is it that in the real world nothing ever follows the instruction manual and one has to to improvise?

Still I have not managed to find the spare wheel kit anywhere as yet. I believe someone from Seat is going to call me tomorrow. We'll see!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but couldn't you just grab a Leon Sat Nav SD Card off Ebay for around £30, and that would work?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think the issue is where the unit has been married up to a previous SD then a different one gets put in then the unit itself needs to be reset to except a different card. Some people on that long thread on the other board had success with their Leons others didn't after shelling out. Seat don't want you to play card games with the unit.

Basically those here saying card arrived in the post no issues means that the unit has never had a card in it. Those people with issues means that the dealer had a card in it and pulled it out before it was delivered then it needs a dealer to marry the new card to the unit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.