Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can help? Recently bought Ateca 2019 and thought I would update the SD navigation card. Downloaded contents of SC card onto desktop and reformatted card. Put update on, pasting the old OVERALL.NDS file from original (as suggested in various posts). Put SC card back in car but says 'Navigation database not available'. I tried putting the files from the saved original back on but this doesn't work either.

Realise that I should have left well alone - but I've done it now!

Is there anyway to restore the original or make the update work?

Really appreciate any help with this. Thank you!

Version information:

6P0919866AF
ECE1 2018/19
SHIELD: SHIELD 2016-44 (build 309)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wonder if anyone can help? Recently bought Ateca 2019 and thought I would update the SD navigation card. Downloaded contents of SC card onto desktop and reformatted card. Put update on, pasting the old OVERALL.NDS file from original (as suggested in various posts). Put SC card back in car but says 'Navigation database not available'. I tried putting the files from the saved original back on but this doesn't work either.

Version information:

6P0919866AF
ECE1 2018/19
The only time I've had this (after many updates) is when I've forgotten to do a safe removal of the card (option within the infotainment menus) before removing it from the unit.
To resolve, I needed to delete the card again and re-write it using another backup (copy) set I had already saved previously onto my PC. Not sure if just getting a "good" OVERALL.NDS would be enough or not...

·
Registered
10 Posts

Version information:

6P0919866AF
ECE1 2018/19
As long as you have saved the original OVERALL.NDS safely, download the new maps off the VW site and save to your computer. Remove SD Card safely from Slot 1 or Slot 2 via menu on Sat Nav. Delete old maps off SD Card, copy new maps from you computer and paste onto SD Card. Finally delete the OVERALL.NDS off your SD Card and copy the original OVERALL.NDS back onto your card - re-insert into car and that should do it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I updated mine I did not reformat the SD card. Just copied original files from SD card to PC, deleted them from card, then copied new files from PC to originally formatted SD card. Has worked numerous times.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been trying this for days now.... just cannot get either the 1810 VW or 1730 Seat maps to work. If I put the old files back on the same SD card though, they work straight away in the car. What am I doing wrong? I'm copying over the OVERALL.nds file, like I've done before. Could it be something to do with safe removal from the car? I don't think I've been doing that...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been trying this for days now.... just cannot get either the 1810 VW or 1730 Seat maps to work. If I put the old files back on the same SD card though, they work straight away in the car. What am I doing wrong? I'm copying over the OVERALL.nds file, like I've done before. Could it be something to do with safe removal from the car? I don't think I've been doing that...
Can’t see it being anything to do with safe removal. I have been updating the maps since 2016 and never once used safe removal or reformatted the card. It’s hard to say what could be going wrong, especially when you have successfully used the process before.
The only time I ever had a problem was with the tool I was using to unzip the downloaded file. Winzip caused a problem, but the recommended 7-Zip and WinRAR always work.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you are not re-using any files from the SD card after its removal it's unlikely to be safe removal. What error message etc are you getting, if any? Are you definitely using the correct download for your unit? I have successfully downloaded for the Ateca 2018-2021 (it's a 17 plate Ateca) for the P60 system, that it has.Failing that I wonder if the download may have been corrupted at some point.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you are not re-using any files from the SD card after its removal it's unlikely to be safe removal. What error message etc are you getting, if any? Are you definitely using the correct download for your unit? I have successfully downloaded for the Ateca 2018-2021 (it's a 17 plate Ateca) for the P60 system, that it has.Failing that I wonder if the download may have been corrupted at some point.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried safe removal of the SD card, so I don't think it's that. I have a 19 plate Ateca and I've downloaded both the Seat 6P0 version and the Golf VW version for the equivalent system. I've also re-downloaded the Seat one and tried again with no luck. I did use this same process to upgrade this card in Mar-2020 and it worked back then. I'm clearly doing something wrong. I've deleted all files from the card first and put the new ones on. I've not tried formatting to FAT32, as it's already FAT32, and I didn't want to wipe away anything that makes the car recognise it's a genuine SD card. Copying the original SD card files onto a new SD card doesn't work - I guess as it's not a Seat card.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I've tried safe removal of the SD card, so I don't think it's that. I have a 19 plate Ateca and I've downloaded both the Seat 6P0 version and the Golf VW version for the equivalent system. I've also re-downloaded the Seat one and tried again with no luck. I did use this same process to upgrade this card in Mar-2020 and it worked back then. I'm clearly doing something wrong. I've deleted all files from the card first and put the new ones on. I've not tried formatting to FAT32, as it's already FAT32, and I didn't want to wipe away anything that makes the car recognise it's a genuine SD card. Copying the original SD card files onto a new SD card doesn't work - I guess as it's not a Seat card.
No problem. Just double-checked mine and it is 1730 using the Europe 1 download. My SD card has "6PO" at the start of the small-print identity/number. If it's FAT32 there's no need to change or reformat, I've only deleted the files before. If it's the nav database not found error(?), I'm wondering if you are using the original OVERALL.NDS that came on the card and hasn't got confused with an updated one since? A non-genuine card won't work as far as I can recall.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No problem. Just double-checked mine and it is 1730 using the Europe 1 download. My SD card has "6PO" at the start of the small-print identity/number. If it's FAT32 there's no need to change or reformat, I've only deleted the files before. If it's the nav database not found error(?), I'm wondering if you are using the original OVERALL.NDS that came on the card and hasn't got confused with an updated one since? A non-genuine card won't work as far as I can recall.
Yeah, I've just checked and I've also downloaded the same 1730 EU1 zip file. I have definitely used the right OVERALL.nds file - I've tried clearing and recopying files onto the SD card maybe 6 times now! :) Each time I put all the old 1530 files back on the navigation maps come up straight away in the car. It is the navigation database not found error I get each time. But a notification pops up at the top of the screen each time I put the SD card in, saying sd card 1 contains the navigation database... so it's mixed messages!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah, I've just checked and I've also downloaded the same 1730 EU1 zip file. I have definitely used the right OVERALL.nds file - I've tried clearing and recopying files onto the SD card maybe 6 times now! :) Each time I put all the old 1530 files back on the navigation maps come up straight away in the car. It is the navigation database not found error I get each time. But a notification pops up at the top of the screen each time I put the SD card in, saying sd card 1 contains the navigation database... so it's mixed messages!
And the overall.nds is always copied last I assume.... have dropped you a note in conversations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same problem after loading the latest version (1810) first time it came up with "Navigation database not found", swapped back to 1730 and it worked ok.

Did it again and it came up OK. Next day gone again!. Did it a 3rd time and it's been working fine. I also tried a new 32gb card but it didn't like it!.

·
Registered
24 Posts

This post on the Arona forum gives very clear instructions. I've just updated mine with no issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was having same issue, I've managed to get it working by following a work around I found elsewhere. You need to download a map version from a year before your car was registered. I downloaded V1 using the link that was on the work around. Once you've downloaded that and unzipped it use the overall.nds file from that instead of your current one. I've managed to get the most recent VW maps on mine using that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts