Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We took a test drive in a 1.4 DSG SE a couple of weeks ago. Car was great, and we're seriously thinking of going for this car in the xcellence trim. One thing that surprised us was when we asked how the sat nav gets updated and the dealer said that seat are terrible at providing updates and the maps you get are the maps you're stuck with. Now, I did a double-take at the dealer (as did my wife), but he was adamant about this.

Is this really the situation with map updates, or was it a strange twilight zone moment!?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
seems to me that you get a different story from every dealer.
I had been offered map updates from as little as free to £72 per year.
I decided to go without the the large initial expense of the sat nav and any annual updates. I could afford to buy a decent tomtom every year for that price..........................or indeed use google maps for free on my phone through Android Auto :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's pretty much what my dealer told me.

[Edit. My reply was to the original post i.e. my dealer said not to expect updates. It is what you get]

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yep - SatNav in UK market is a mess.

On the continent most SatNav units come with 'MapCare' which includes free updates, normally applied during servicing - we don't have a MapCare option in the UK market :( Seat say they are looking at it (someone here wrote to them), but that's nowhere near the same as they're going to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, So it looks as though it is a 'one off' map then, which is a shame to put it mildly. :evil:

Can these things be updated with side loaded maps, or are they closed systems that can't be bypassed? (not sure if this is something for this forum, so apologies in advance).

Thanks again for the advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts