Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum!

I'm writing this sat in my new Ateca on the way back from Bristol to London. Unfortunately this journey has been made an hour longer thanks to the satnav not knowing there were roadworks on the M3 and an entire section was closed off. We ended up stuck in awful traffic on a diversion to the M4 and we should have set off on a different route! She kept trying to get us to u-turn back to the closed motorway....

Is this a general issue that the satnav can't pick up ongoing roadworks or is ours a dud?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi CJ I have found that mine does warn me of congested traffic and also offers alternative routing. Not had to set anything up so maybe just go through and check settings. You also have your traffic management through local radios but I do find that most annoying.

G

·
Driving through France the other day the inbuilt satnav reported that the motorway ahead was shut and it was recalculating the route. I checked Google maps navigation and that still wanted to take me on my original route.
I took a chance that Google was right and indeed the road was open. I think road works had closed it overnight but this was mid morning, so it seems to me that the inbuilt satnav is a bit slow in getting updated.

G

·
On one of the main highways near where I live, there's a bridge repair going on. When I turn to that particular stretch of highway from the nearest junction, I always get an audible warning, something like "Caution! Road construction ahead". So for me, it seems to work. I don't have to use the nav in any way to get that warning. I have not tested, whether it would guide me to an alternate route, if I had the navigation on at the time of the warning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts