Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having the standard SatNav on my SE Tech, can somebody tell me if a range of POIs are available within the system please? The POI 'button' only brings up 3 basic ones and despite the lengthy list within the menus I seem to be unable to get to them even though they can be selected. On my previous Golf there was a fairly comprehensive list and I'd like to be able, among other things, to find golf courses again.
Hence my question, are the POI's actually there or do I have to obtain them elsewhere and load them into the system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't figured out a way yet. The SatNav is very frustrating. I used to search for supermarkets, restaurants etc. on my previous Vauxhall SatNav was very easy to use.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jack_Cates said:
I haven't figured out a way yet. The SatNav is very frustrating. I used to search for supermarkets, restaurants etc. on my previous Vauxhall SatNav was very easy to use.
Assuming it's the Navi System - In Nav Mode:
Select "Settings"
Select "Map"
Select "Select Categories For POI"
A list of all the categories stored in the system will appear. Tick the box(es) of the categories you want and the appropriate symbols will be displayed on the map. (You may also have to press "View" and then "Show POIs on the map").

If there is more than one symbol on the map, press any symbol and a list will appear. If there is only one symbol on the map, details of the POI will be shown.

You can also search for a POI by entering "New Destination" and typing the name of the POI or during navigation, pressing any point in the map will bring up a function menu where you can select "search nearby".

It's not very intuitive and takes some getting used to - much worse than the VW Discover Pro/Skoda Columbus System.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dasalias, that worked for me.

As you say, not very intuitive and, unlike the VW ones, it seems to be unable to search directly for a POI, despite them being available in the database?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Google Maps does the job for me simply ask it what you are looking for, much more intuitive than the in car Satnav.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts