Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally here! The orange is lovely, so glad I picked it. Limited driving in it so far but is every bit as good to drive as it was in my test drive.

Getting to grips with the keyless entry. Anyone know if it locks itself when you walk away? At the minute I seem to have to lock it with the key. Holding the lock button down anyway to bring the folding mirrors in, which I will want to do 9 times out of 10.

Also having lots of trouble activating the virtual pedal boot. Will post further on the thread already discussing that if I have any joy with it. Got it to work once so far.

Quick snaps taken...

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
awww man it looks lush, so jealous :mrgreen: You can lock it by touching the door handle as well. Interesting about the virtual peddle not working properly on them, apparently it needs a software update to fix.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh Wow. Looks Wonderful...Enjoy the ride...had to wait for mine even though its been ready to be collected last week :( :(

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm interested in whether that's the only way to get the mirrors in. Like you I like mine tucked in and not scattered on the road or bounced about by passing cars or pedestrians.

Virtual pedal, near virtual perhaps.

It is suppose to lock up I thought if you walk away but perhaps that's if you have opened the door after unlocking else you could lock someone in it. Probably manual lock once you get out, virtual pedal boot up, boot down, it locks the rear after wondering off. See I need to read the manual.

Is that vanilla fudge, chocolate fudge or the one with currents in it. That's a variation on mato hues, cough. Very pretty and mouthwatering as fudge perhaps.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Tell said:
It is suppose to lock up I thought if you walk away
No, you just touch the outer rear part of the door handle - or use the remote.

Ref the boot wiggle - personally I think it is just a gimmick. Most times you are pushing a shopping trolley and using the remote to open the boot is just as easy - assuming madam can find it in the depths of her handbag! Also, it will frighten the life out of anyone walking past at the time with all its beeps and flashes!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha, it's been named fudge because of the number plate.

You can bring the wing mirrors in when sat in the car, using the mirror adjust button. Switch to top right for heated, top left to bring them in. I don't like doing that though because I like being able to check mirrors before stepping into path/road! Otherwise there is no auto option to bring them in when the car locks, unless it's in a setting I haven't seen yet.

Have tried locking by touching the door handle but didn't work. Maybe I am missing something. Virtual pedal seems to work 50% of the time..

Also, reverse camera. I am sure the virtual lines on the screen curve to match you turning the wheel. Or at least it did in my test drive. Mine just stays straight. My test drive had top view camera as well, so wonder if it only curves if you have that as an added extra. Only a minor point. I may have imagined it!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tell I saw a video review where he turned a switch where you adjust the wing mirrors and they folded in then back out,.

Shows you here in the manual

Organism Motor vehicle Font Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
You can fold the mirrors from inside the car by moving the mirror control to 10 o'clock. To fold them out, move the switch to the normal O position. Mirrors can be synchronised if you leave the control in "R". Then when you adjust the drivers mirrors the passenger mirror moves in synch with it. You can also set up the passenger mirror to tilt down when you reverse. It resets when you move forward.

When leaving the car, if you lock it with the remote and hold the lock button down for about 1 second, they both fold. They open up when you unlock the car, they move out. It's the same on my Leon.

Amazing how many options you can get in a simple wing mirror!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The boot locks if the keys are out, that's the mute point of how people were locking themselves out of Golf 7s by putting their jackets in the boot and it not picking up the keys from there. To me the safest is using the fod to unlock and lock. The virtual pedal when it's working has an advantage if hands aren't free arriving / leaving a hotel, weekend away or a trip to the dump where you don't want to put stuff down in the dirt.

Above was for Freddie.

Twiddly knob, the Altea has that although I'm convinced it does the reverse at times and I see the mirrors back out when I've set them in. Automatic has its advantages except if loading the car they would be in and out like a yoyo.

These things are like what works best for you. Not fumbling with the keys to open and close has advantages but then a return to the side door when laden to lock and banging stuff on the panels that you are carrying doesnt seem so good as nifty finger work on the fod when ladden.

So you can debate whether it's fod to unlock or touch, or fod to lock or touch. Might be easier to use fod for everything or when fully laden the virtual pedal for the back only. I might be a luddite. I might even stick to the twiddly mirror knob, this will be what I read as the Golf 7 car cleaning mirror dance, when they must take it off auto to stop the "dance". I'd have an unloading the shopping dance and home from the weekend.

I fumbled a Nissan Serena yesterday since it looked like it might be similar, didn't work. Has those touch buttons. Think it's spending the night outside with an Akita that I wanted to fumble but didn't check in. That dog liked the owner's panoramic roof as it sailed up the approach road with its head out the top, saying we have arrived.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's 3 seconds to fold them in on the key fob. I counted! :lol:

I would like them to angle down when you park. Where is that option? Have to say I haven't seen that one.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fudge looks gorgeous and I saw straight away why her name :)

I've bought a plate ready for mine so she can be called Saggy just like her owner (SA66 YYY) lol

Interesting reading everyone's comments

I have a feeling even 6 months after getting mine I'll be saying "oh I didn't know it could do that"

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Freddie didn't tell you its a devil of a job to get the left and right adjusted and that a multi function knob that steers the mirrors independently. You have to be careful when turning you don't change modes. Ah, home from home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
..and welcome lights can save your shoes from dog shit ! wonderful. :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Magpie86 said:
Although a bit of a gimmick, the puddle lights are very cool!
You win a photographic prize on composition on that one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you are using keyless - instead of just pushing the groove on the door handle to lock the car you hold it down and the wing mirrors fold in. I'm at the stage where I forgot the car has a key. Just keep it in my inside pocket!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'll set up my own tips notes, thank for that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great photos and the colour looks good. Also you'll have no problem finding your car in a car park.

I have started reading the owners manual. At over 300 pages I reckon I may get through it before delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With mine found virtual pedal boot release works every time if you put your foot directly under centre of car and bring foot straight back ,but you do get funny looks in car parks!!! You can fold mirrors via holding button on key or keep finger on the handle sensor for a few seconds :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.