Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sd card not loading.
Seat Ateca is 4 weeks old and in that time the garage has tried to get the SD card to work. It is read by the SD slot but the nav system says it can not load any data. They now tell me its a problem with Atecas????

·
Registered
42 Posts
:( I hope it's not a general problem as I have the same problem but was told that the SD card hadn't been programmed to the car (dealers fault). We are trekking back up to them on Monday to have it programmed in. I assume your SD card has been programmed to your car? If so what are Seat going to do about it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know the car was delivered to me with out the seconded key and no SD card. As I said my car is 4 weeks old and they only just managed to code my 2nd key after 4 visits to the garage . Within the same 4 weeks I have pushed for the SD card and after the last visit they said that it did not work in my car and they tested the car in the show room and it did not work. They say its a seat problem and it has been given over to the technical seat team.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Perhaps I'm smiling with the Navigation Plus that's loaded to SSD. The standard navigation the SD card has to be registered to the unit. Perhaps Seat's interface programs aren't sorted out yet so the garage can't do it. They are delivered with the card but sometimes not.

On the Leon there are instances of people buying eBay new cards and doing an upgrade. Others find they can't. It's a dark art Seat don't want to tell you how they do it since you would work around their high map costs given Mapcare isn't available in the UK.

I'm on 2016/17 maps.

Presume Steve it reads music files and it's just not the SD hub thingey as described in the technical manual packed up. I'd put it down to Seat UK not giving the dealers the maintenance programs perhaps from what you said or the dealers inability to use it.

Ah read your follow up to Ruth, still could be the last sentence. Bet your virtual pedal works if you have it... or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are right the card has to be programed to the car i have just dropped it into the seat garage for the 5 th time . They tell me that armed with new software from seat they hope to fix the problem. The key they programmed works fine. I wonder what your thoughts are on the car being delivered without the second key and with out the sd card both a software issue. Talking to Ateca drivers in spain and italy some have the same sort of problem ?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Reading the German Ateca board they have been having cars delivered without the map sd card. I think they were putting it down to specific dealers. I would say the spare key did a wander before you got the car plus the map file. You could accept that perhaps they had run out of map SD cards but to loose the spare key means it's been nicked, that's what I would say.

Someone had the manual out of my car so they gave me a crumpled one in out of another. They had thought I had taken it out and admitted they had a number of other people looking to buy in my car showing off the panoramic roof and got some sales out of it - so my car became a demonstrator. That was in a two day window from delivery to me being there on the Saturday. Obviously it wasn't totally my car till I had paid for it on the Monday, so the good people of Essex had their sticky mittens inside it and had sat in it. A back interior light had also been switched on as well which wasn't spotted till the weekend - I guess fumbling hands had done that as well by those people trying it out.

So I'd say both items had been kicked somewhere between the factory and you getting the car. The keys can be programmed and the map file has an eBay value. My maps are copied and programmed into the system being the Navigation Plus so whoever nicked my original manuals didn't get the map package as well. Those you see left in the dealer cars and that's the issue. So I'd say you lost those items by a light handed individual.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I was suitably miffed about it plus incorrectly building the car without the wireless charger in it and wanting to offer me £200 in accessory vouchers which was taking the mick not financial compensation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update to the SD problem the SD card has been issued with the wrong part number. So the ones they have tried have not been the right card a new sd card has been ordered using the new numbers supplied by seat technical. fingers crossed it works

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Keep us posted. That may be the case or someone introduced another map card into the unit, pulled it out and it won't recognise a new one since it has to be told forget the last one. A bit silly if they are trying to use the wrong card with the unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same for me. Card not working saying "no navigation data found". Contacted dealer they need to check the card reader. But it read all music files. Waiting for an appointment from seat sea field Edinburgh. My virtual pedal not working as well.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
There is a recall on the last, you may be on the list, best to follow it up with the dealer, if no joy customer services who have the list of those effected. Replacement interface unit were going out a few weeks ago to dealers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
up date
still awaiting my SD card that has been ordered with the new part number. I have now involved Seat customer services. Who has confirmed that there is a problem with the cards and their ability to sink with the head unit?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Least it stops anyone pirating them :).

I can't see how they can have a batch that works, then some that don't, unless they haven't tested them, changed the units design along the way or haven't perfected the dealers software to do the update.

Why do some people have no issues and others do. Is it the SEs model affected, the units identity not being built into the cards software.... we'll see whether tomorrow if Saggy's Xcellence one works when she picks it up.

Feels like another poll to see whether it's specific to model, although everyone before said tickety boo to the poll although this thread reports otherwise.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Wonder why the others didn't.... suppose question is do everybody's working ones end in H or whatever letters.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine worked from day one fortunately, may have been lucky, SD card slot 2 loaded too full of music for the wife no problems fortunately!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost two months satellite navigation card not yet fixed. Made two visit to the dealer for software update. Silly reasons that internet down, mechanics not available etc. not happy at all.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Where ever you are based contact Seat customer services and then they will liase with the dealer to get it sorted. They would know if there are delays or whether the dealer isn't sorting it out appropriately.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.