Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :mrgreen:
I've ordered an Ateca se 1.0 tsi rhodium grey, but I've now discovered it won't have the nice led drls, what type will it have ? As it states 'separate led drls' a pic would be good to if anyone has one :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ghiggz had a picture of them a few weeks back but took it down.... like a three tube lights put together.... he might even put it back up again....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, wonder why they didn't make them bigger to cover the whole headlight? Are the indicators orange bulbs or a orange cover? Was thinking of getting some silver visions if it's just bulbs

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wrexham said:
Great stuff, be one of the first things I do :)
Sorry, but I am being a bit 'thick' here... what is it that you plan to do exactly?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Put a Quality Street wrapper over them ;). Take a picture.

I did wonder whether Ghiggz had deleted the pictures off the phone since he was a bit disillusioned by it... but it did answer why the manual gets complicated on the spares at this point. Ambiguity about what Seat was selling in the pre order period... now we know.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
And if anyone old like me is thinking but they should be orange .... they do flash that as I looked them up lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks Saggy, but when I went to check out your link, I was informed "This link is inactive." and it said something about an "Inactive trader"!

I had also thought that they should flash orange though!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I spotted inactive so deleted link

Said
These Philips Silver Vision PY21W indicator bulbs are ideal for cars which have clear headlight lenses (as many modern cars do). This is because many indicator bulbs are a bright orange colour which can spoil the look of the headlight as everything is visible through the clear lens. Philips Silver Vision PY21W bulbs have a chrome coating to perfectly match the headlights design however the bulb still illuminates with a distinctive amber/orange colour. So you can now get the best of both worlds as style and functionality come together.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up.... that makes them LED like so no colour. I'm sure we have noticed how bright the full LED orange ones are, pretty bright as everything flashes orange in front of you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ah... having now read Saggy's description of what these actually are it all makes sense!

Something I will now probably do also... once I actually get my Ateca! :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tell said:
Thanks for clearing that up.... that makes them LED like so no colour. I'm sure we have noticed how bright the full LED orange ones are, pretty bright as everything flashes orange in front of you.
And for those that have the versions that don't have the full LED headlight fittings....this could be a nice compromise. ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think I must have been half asleep last night! ;)

Of course, as I have gone for the full LED headlight option, I shan't have to worry about replacing the bulbs anyway... doh! :oops:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.