Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I'm looking at the beautiful seat ateca as a company car but having difficulties deciding how to get the best spec for the budget given.

My budget would give me the SE TECH 1.6TDI (must be diesel) with no change left over (£24,330) to adjust colour or add any extras i.e tinted windows/ double boot

My other option was to get the SE 1.6 TDI (£22,435) which gives me change to add extras such as :
bila white (£250)
17" dynamic alloy (£345)
tinted windows (£240)
Convenience Pack (£175)
Winter pack (£325)
double floor (£120)
I feel like I'm getting more for the money (£23,890) than the SE TECH spec.

I need the help of anyone that already has either spec to give me there opinion, the only clear difference i can see is alloys and no sat nav. I'm not bothered by the sat nav as i always use my google maps on my mobile and hopefully that would still connect to the 8" touchscreen via android link on the SE range.

are there any other differences between the spec that would make it more worthwhile going for the SE TECH spec.

thank you

·
Registered
286 Posts
Brookes23 said:
hi all,

I'm looking at the beautiful seat ateca as a company car but having difficulties deciding how to get the best spec for the budget given.

My budget would give me the SE TECH 1.6TDI (must be diesel) with no change left over (£24,330) to adjust colour or add any extras i.e tinted windows/ double boot

My other option was to get the SE 1.6 TDI (£22,435) which gives me change to add extras such as :
bila white (£250)
17" dynamic alloy (£345)
tinted windows (£240)
Convenience Pack (£175)
Winter pack (£325)
double floor (£120)
I feel like I'm getting more for the money (£23,890) than the SE TECH spec.

I need the help of anyone that already has either spec to give me there opinion, the only clear difference i can see is alloys and no sat nav. I'm not bothered by the sat nav as i always use my google maps on my mobile and hopefully that would still connect to the 8" touchscreen via android link on the SE range.

are there any other differences between the spec that would make it more worthwhile going for the SE TECH spec.

thank you
HI!

It really depends on which extras you want, which extras are you willing to live without? You should note that the SE does not come with the full LED headlights, whereas the SE-Tech does, with the SE you will need to add them as an optional extra if you want them. Also the SE does not have the exterior chrome window surrounds, and unfortunately as far as I'm aware you can't add those as an extra.

·
Registered
778 Posts
A quick read of the brochure and SE Tech gives you Alloys (already mentioned), Sat Nav (already mentioned), Aluminium roof rails (they're black on the SE if I recall correctly), chrome windows surrounds (will you notice?) and the one thing you didn't touch - the LED headlights/brake lights. That was a £800 option if I remember rightly.

So you're basically paying £1,735 for that list.

SatNat - £525 option
LED Lights - £820
18" alloys available only on SE Tech. If you wanted 18" bi-colour style(ish) alloys on an SE non-Tech then you could get the optional accessories catalogue ones for £920 excluding tyres (no point!).

So yeah, if you really don't want the SatNat, don't care about the styling tweaks and aren't fussed by the LED lights then doesn't look sensible to me.

BTW, if you're going for the winter and convenience packs and given it's not the 1.0 TSi, have you considered the £160 heated windscreen option? Might be useful if you do a lot of winter business trips.

·
Registered
931 Posts
When I was going thru the same process SatNav at £525 was an absolute must. SatNav itself I couldn't have cared less about but you must specify SaTNav if you want a DAB radio, (otherwise sports commentary on 5live would be MW only :evil: ). No DAB as standard here in the UK is ridiculous.

I also see you have a winter pack listed - with cloth seats? :?

How does your company scheme work / who orders the car? If you buy the car at discount which most dealers will offer, you could easily have an SE-T with options. Check a broker site like Drive the Deal for an idea on what discounts you can achieve from a main dealer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I went for the SE with paint option and privacy, as there was nothing on the tech that I wanted/needed badly enough to pay that extra for.
The SE was well specd enough to have everything we needed..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ghiggz said:
I went for the SE with paint option and privacy, as there was nothing on the tech that I wanted/needed badly enough to pay that extra for.
hi and thanks for your post but my issue is if have the SE TECH i don't have budget then required to change paint or even tint windows as they work the price from the p11D value of the car, i would have to take the car as it is, no changes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Golfmk56 said:
When I was going thru the same process SatNav at £525 was an absolute must. SatNav itself I couldn't have cared less about but you must specify SaTNav if you want a DAB radio, (otherwise sports commentary on 5live would be MW only :evil: ). No DAB as standard here in the UK is ridiculous.
not to bothered by football scores as I'm a villa fan :( the blues fans keep me unto date as soon as someone scores past us :D

ok i have since read on these pages that heated seats my not be the best move with fabric seats, was just trying to bulk on with useable extra's/color]

How does your company scheme work / who orders the car? If you buy the car at discount which most dealers will offer, you could easily have an SE-T with options. Check a broker site like Drive the Deal for an idea on what discounts you can achieve from a main dealer.
<COLOR color="#BF4000">my company will order the car through LEXautolease and i have been told it has to be below £24,250 on the p11D value</COLOR>

·
Registered
931 Posts
Apologies for going off-topic but football is more important!
not to bothered by football scores as I'm a villa fan :( the blues fans keep me unto date as soon as someone scores past us :D

:lol:

For as long as I can remember I always had a soft spot for the Villa, but that changed when a section of fans started complaining about Martin O'Neill - not sure he was getting enough support from fans or the board despite playing above their weight. I think just about every team he's left behind have gone downwards. Anyhows...

ok i have since read on these pages that heated seats my not be the best move with fabric seats, was just trying to bulk on with useable extra's
Save on Heated seats and something else then add DAB! That way when you hear the Villa results come in, you can cry as much as you like without the risk of electrocution :lol:

my company will order the car through LEXautolease and i have been told it has to be below £24,250 on the p11D value
That'll be that then. Well it's your decision, but if ordering a SE-T in cheapskate blue is the only option it would be such an easy decision for me. Each to their own, no disrespect to anyone, but from the recently posted pics of 17 reg cheapskate blue's - IMO those cars already look 10 years old.

SE + extras everytime. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ghiggz said:
I agree and was governed by my dislike of chrome. I accept that new technology lighting is marginally better, but don't think it's worth the premium. Plus I want my son to be able to easily change inexpensive bulbs years on.

DAB would have been nice, but with Full Link I think the music and nav options are covered if you have cheap data.

I would have liked privacy glass, but had to take a stock car to ensure March registration. Wheels and tints are easily sorted after delivery.

The OP doesn't have to worry about residuals so doesn't have to consider this except perhaps for its impact on the monthly lease costs, but it sounds like the P11D value is the absolute constraint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi guys,

thanks all for your advice, i have sent my final request to my fleet manager so just hoping its accepted now as i spent so many hours looking through car review videos.
opted for the SE in jungle green (mixed reviews on here regarding the colour but i like it), seat sound inc space saver, tinted windows, upgrade 17" dynamic alloys. all for under price of the SE TECH.
has anyone else seen many on the roads yet??

·
Registered
931 Posts
Brookes23 said:
opted for the SE in jungle green (mixed reviews on here regarding the colour but i like it), seat sound inc space saver, tinted windows, upgrade 17" dynamic alloys. all for under price of the SE TECH.
has anyone else seen many on the roads yet??
Saw a Jungle Green SE-T in the showroom, a Jungle Green SE-T that I'd initially ordered in the compound and a Jungle Green Xcellence that's outside my house ;)

Haven't seen any other JG's tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts