1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
931 Posts
Both SEAT and Skoda are like DFS and Furniture Village - there's a sale on every few weeks.

What I'd like to know is if anyone orders their car thru someone like DriveTheDeal and secures an already heavily discounted price off list, will the dealer you're put in touch with accept another £1000 off the price or is the £1000 already built in to the deal?

"On top of other discounts". My dealership had already knocked around £1700 off the car without negotiation. When I produced the £1000 voucher, the deal was recalculated and amounted to an extra few hundred. (better than nothing ;) ). As ever, it's better to read the T&C rather than the headlines.

Bottom line for anyone after the best possible deal - don't let gimmicks like these get in the way of negotiations. In one form or another, that £1000 is available every day of the year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How interesting... Placed my order on 9thJan ( £1000 discount voucher submitted) car collected March 10th , 10days after the voucher had expired!! ( nothing I could do!) and so lost out. My dealer tells me I got a good deal, they spoke of £500 off -( no reference to petrol vouchers which I heard of somewhere) - but I have yet to see the evidence of where any discount has been applied.
So far, only a week and 250 miles in, I am very pleased with the car, 1.4 DSG pano roof xcellence. I bought a space saver with jack via eBay £160 thanks to the advice found on the forum, thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Both SEAT and Skoda are like DFS and Furniture Village - there's a sale on every few weeks.

What I'd like to know is if anyone orders their car thru someone like DriveTheDeal and secures an already heavily discounted price off list, will the dealer you're put in touch with accept another £1000 off the price or is the £1000 already built in to the deal?

"On top of other discounts". My dealership had already knocked around £1700 off the car without negotiation. When I produced the £1000 voucher, the deal was recalculated and amounted to an extra few hundred. (better than nothing ;) ). As ever, it's better to read the T&C rather than the headlines.

Bottom line for anyone after the best possible deal - don't let gimmicks like these get in the way of negotiations. In one form or another, that £1000 is available every day of the year.
No they won't. I got ours via broker 4 cars and the max discount was just that, no other offers on top of it. That said I did get about 10% off list, which is way more than any dealer offered.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered my Ateca in November 2016 and managed to negotiate a £3000 discount, however in early December Seat did the £1000 voucher promotion.

The terms on their website and voucher only stated for new car sales and for cars registered between 1/1/17 and 31/3/17 (see below). As it didn't mention that vehicles had to be ordered after a certain date I queried it with my dealer who escalated it to Seat who agreed to honour the offer so I actually received a £4000 discount. :D

Seat quickly updated their website and subsequent promotions to include a date that vehicles have to be ordered after!

This was one of the reasons why my Ateca was registered on 31 March despite me not collecting it until I returned to the UK in April (and to save on the future tax increases!)!

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow 4k is a great figure. Mine would only budge by a little amount. At the time I ordered, prices had gone up on the 1.4l Style+extras pack (€31k) but the dealer offered me the price I had been quoted before (€28.5k iirc). The 1.4l Xcellence which was not previously available, was then priced at €30.5k so ultimately with the new prices this was even cheaper than the style+extras pack!! The manager explained that this was because of the better deals they got from abroad and to promote the 1.4l engine since the 2.0l was on shortage.

Anyway, long story short i was given a little discount to round the value to €30k and they threw in the alloys i wanted for free (performance machined which were quoted at around €460) - total of €960 discount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts