Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have paid deposit and will be sorting out final paperwork etc with dealer today or tomorrow.

Having sorted final price I am niw temlted ro add the winter pack... I doubt they will negotiate on that extra price?

Main question is to do with the standard SE sound system thing. I am getting confused with what it can do.. I know it does not have dab (annoying) but will it work with my iphone or an android phone. how? Do I have to use the phine to choose music etc or will this standard version link the phone to the touchscreen monitor?

I have read there is this infoteccsound or something that links the phone but is this an add on or part of the standard setup for the SE?

Would like dab radio and navigation but that is so much extra money :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi missy,
I added an extra (tow bar) a couple of days after my initial order. They just added the standard list price which I thought was fair enough.

Depending on the type of phone you have, you can connect to the infotainment centre by one of 3 protocols. Mine is Android and I will be able to connect with a USB cable using Mirrorlink or Android Auto. Have a look in the playstore at the apps that those protocols accept and you will see quite a few music apps. It looks like music is well covered :)

Edit: You can use AppleCarPlay for an iphone 5 or higher, I can't help you with iphone apps ( I would probably burst in to flames :lol: )

For navigation with an Android device you can use Google maps with Android Auto or Sygic with MirrorLink. I am trialling both at the moment :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. So the standard SE music system is callled infotainment? Have been trying to find manual or guide for it to no avail..

So it needs cable to connect from a phone. Ok.

But,.... does the car's monitor touch screen thing allow me to control music or answer phone separately to actual phone use? I am not really explaining that at all well...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And in order to use phone for navigation with google maps does this need wifi / 3/4g or can maps be preloaded? Is that gps location system or something else.. never used phone for location.. not even got 2g at home or work!, I blame Vodafone! Just ahve phone really for internet wifi stuff

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also been rading forum and what is all this about week 11 build etc... is that calendar weeks wg week 1 = 1st Jan? Etc

·
Registered
979 Posts
Missy it's the Media Centre Plus infotainment system you get in the SE. Here is a link to the manual for it -

http://www.seat.com/datamanual-infotainment/media_system_plus_navi_system_plus/my17_w45/en-uk/MSPLUS_NS_NSPLUS_11_16_EN.pdf

As well as connecting your iphone with apple carplay with cable which will allow you to use google maps or apple maps (which you can download maps in case your phone signal goes), you can also just use Bluetooth without cable to connect and play the music. You can control the music player from your 8" display but also the left button on the steering wheel to skip tracks and mute etc. It also lets you use phone through speakers and answer/hangup, change volume from steering wheel controls. If you pay for the Keyless Enter and Go (KESSY) (includes Connectivity Hub
with Wireless Phone Charger) and buy the following for your iphone you can charge it from the pad in the car like I do :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CCQZ1GW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - will read that in detail later this evening.

Does it make sense to add winter pack amd navigation pack to the se or is it covered / cheaper by upgrading to SE Tech??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Missy

If you have a smartphone plugged in to the SE and it has a decent data connection then you can view your smartphone map screen on the main Ateca screen. It works really well under those conditions. However the integrated Sat Nav is obviously a bit more convenient and doesn't need a live data connection to download maps. I guess it depends how often you need to use navigation whether the convenience is worth it.

As for the Winter Pack, it's really an individual choice as to whether you want heated seats or not. I'd say they were less necessary on cloth seats than leather ones.

You can copy your music onto an SD card and have it permanently installed, or stream it from your phone via a linked cable or Bluetooth.

Overall it's usually better/cheaper (especially for resale) to upgrade to a higher spec (e.g. SE Tech) than to add similar options onto a lower spec.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
On the connected mapping business in the car I'm a great believer in having the cars satnav rather than Google maps. That's unbundled from the price if it's not the Xcellence. So I note above you don't seem to be "connected" so you might have to review your phone and tariffs. Off the beaten track where you don't get a data link you could get frustrated by Google Maps. People say you can download an area, all well and good if you knew that in advance. Parts of Scotland, Ireland and Wales probably England as well, were you won't get a data link, if travelling abroad you got those issues as well.

The sales guys are happy to say use your phone people do that to bring the price down. It brings the cost down to remove the satnav from the car and using the app method but there are negatives and positives. Horses for courses.... I use the built in satnav as my number method and check Google Maps before starting off, or use both as a passenger. Better Lane guidance of the built in one at road junctions. I think Google Maps has advantages for urban commuters where the traffic reports are more upto date and you are more likely to know the road.

Quick look at the winter pack. If you got cloth seats little advantage in heated seats, more for leather. The other is heated nozzles etc so you don't get frustrated by being unable to clean the windscreen.

The heated windscreen is very good value for money if it's available on your chosen car. If you go down the winter pack route and you can throw in the windscreen I recommend you do. If you set off early or late and spend ageis defrosting this will do it in no time and also takes out front condensation, see that includes the convenience pack. Heated mirror... you will have to check whether that's an optional extra. In next to no time you will be ordering an Xcellence.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks... Was hoping for the heated seats for my elderly mum's arthritis and to make her comfortable.. I take it you feel heat better from leather seats but leather seats are not an option with SE?

I get what you are saying with the extra packs and might as well upgrade and resale but the Excellence has so many things I don;t really need. My vehicle at for last two years has been a bicycle and when my VW camper did work (!) and before it failed its MOT, I had inside windows freeze up, no heating at all, no interiro light (it broke after about 15 years of the 25 yrs have had camper, and the fun bit was having to manually make windscreen wipers work 'intermittently' by using right hand on/off on / off etc... so I hardly know what a car is and certainly not been in a car that is less than 15+ years old for decades!

This is to be my 'getting old and growing up' vehicle... one we can use to go see his family in north Germany (no more motorbike pillion riding for me!) in an emergency (has to be an emergency ;) ) and take my mum places comfortably and safely....

I do appreciate all the help so far... shame they do all these packs to complicate things rather than simply upgrade models and packs included - voila!?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
According the brochure the heated seats in the winter pack is an option so your mother can warm her posterior. I use to find commuting that the cloth seat I had were cold on a few days of the year, leather you find cold on many more days of the year. That's why it's so popular with drivers that go for leather seats else they get cold bums. It soon heats the seats then you fumble that through the settings to get it off. Three bar is the first setting, off is threw the bars to off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A couple of my other cars don't have an integrated SatNav and so I use my phone clipped into a holder on the facia. This is pretty OK but having it work through the man car screen is obviously so much better. But integrated is better again, and has the advantage of not needing a phone data connection and works everywhere including phone blackspots.

So fully integrated is best, but CarPlay/Connect etc is better than nothing at all. As you get the full connection on anything above an S, it's a great facility to have basically for free.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks - lots of really useful advice.

Am now adding the winter and sat nav pack - main reason is that I will not have to pay for it until late summer (if) when car arrives.. give me time to save. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of my last queries prior to final order tomorrow..

Should I get spare wheel or not? Views?

·
Registered
979 Posts
missy said:
One of my last queries prior to final order tomorrow..

Should I get spare wheel or not? Views?
I went for the SEAT sound system which includes the spare at £330 whereas the wheel on its own is £110 :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I cannot see the Seat sound system include the tyre?? Just speakers??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Strongly recommend the spare wheel - got mine "thrown-in" on the deal as a last-minute afterthought (Or so I hoped they thought). I once ripped a tyre on my Leon on a dodgy kerb and it was not repairable by a kit or at a tyre dealer - great gash in the wall - but I was able to change onto the spare and be on my way (with very dirty hands) in 20 mins. Tyre was a write-off but the spare was there for another day...

I may be wrong, but can't the repair kit only be used once? And can the "repaired" tyre be used again? If its "No" to either of these questions I think the spare is an absolute must. No doubt wiser heads will address these questions... And the kit seems a fiddly thing to use, going by the manual.

·
Registered
979 Posts
missy said:
I cannot see the Seat sound system include the tyre?? Just speakers??
Definitely does as they stick the subwoofer in the middle of it :p

Rectangle Parallel Font Pattern Symmetry

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not in the seat sound spec for the SE.. £330 no tyre

·
Registered
979 Posts

Attachments