Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
This design looks like something similar to another I have seen but I can not think of the same of it. Either way, it really adds to the look and feel of this SUV. I feel like small features like this really make or break a cars look.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
They are not quite the same. On the Ateca, the wheels look a bit like 5 bottles. On the Leon, it looks like the bottles do not have a bottom. Or to put it another way, on the Leon the rim is the same thickness all the way round, but on the Ateca it is not.

The two colour wheels seem to be the norm for many cars now rather than the single silver coloured ones.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Fred99 said:
The two colour wheels seem to be the norm for many cars now rather than the single silver coloured ones.
Yeah found that when making up the shortlist for our new car back in the spring.

They all now offer the half black machined alloys, and it's a push to just get basic cast single colour alloys.

Personally I think nothing beats a nice big shiny set of full alloy wheels, not really fussed on the half black machined look that's come into fashion.

And totally hate all black alloys, they just look like steel wheels half the time.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They are bi wheels. Probably extenuates the modelling on the wheels. What Freddie calls bear bottles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Doesn't the Xcellence come with these 18" "Performance" wheels as standard? I know that I like the bi-colour wheels but it wasn't an option on the 18" and I couldn't justify the cost of the19".

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
JLO your assumptions are correct, im not a fan of bi colour alloys and the 18s are what i have on mine, they look great and ride well! Plus they are easier to have painted if i ever fancy a colour change :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
My lesbian neighbour has bi wheels on her Qashqai so I went bi, not to be out done :). And she's got big ones, I checked, 19".

Without being partisan I don't like the look of the standard 18" ones. 18" in bi might have been good but wasn't available when I bought mine. Although the ride isn't bad on 19" and soft suspension that it exhibited the other day on undulating road isn't going to be down to 19" wheels but some strange suspension setup.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
My lesbian neighbour has bi wheels on her Qashqai so I went bi, not to be out done :). And she's got big ones, I checked, 19".

Without being partisan I don't like the look of the standard 18" ones. 18" in bi might have been good but wasn't available when I bought mine. Although the ride isn't bad on 19" and soft suspension that it exhibited the other day on undulating road isn't going to be down to 19" wheels but some strange suspension setup.
Is she quite butch Tell? ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are the 17" wheels... as fitted as standard on the SE models I think, that much of a 'downgrade' ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Montala said:
Are the 17" wheels... as fitted as standard on the SE models I think, that much of a 'downgrade' ?
Nope, they look great. Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
You can pay a couple of hundred quid more to have the 17" wheels in bi-colour. What colour car are you thinking about?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Dougie said:
She would give you a slap if that's the question. My other neighbour says she's a bully since she left a note on her car for being badly parked, not that I told her who's car it was ;). She's alright, she hasn't cracked my plastic bumper recently. She can park her car in very tight spots but uses the ram method. I think you get the drift. Your car would come off worse.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Dougie said:
She would give you a slap if that's the question. My other neighbour says she's a bully since she left a note on her car for being badly parked, not that I told her who's car it was ;). She's alright, she hasn't cracked my plastic bumper recently. She can park her car in very tight spots but uses the ram method. I think you get the drift. Your car would come off worse.
I'll just be greatful that she's at least 50 miles away from my " tight spots" then! :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dougie said:
Montala said:
Nope, they look great. View attachment 475 You can pay a couple of hundred quid more to have the 17" wheels in bi-colour. What colour car are you thinking about?
I agree, they do indeed look great... and the machined ones (I think) look even nicer, but again at an additional cost!

What I was really wondering was whether the handling is better or worse, and whether thy had altered the suspension at all for the larger option.

My current thoughts are to go for an SE 1.4 petrol in Mediterranean Blue, and then add a few upgrades such as the navigation system, heated windscreen, space saver spare wheel etc.

I would have gone for the Xcellence, but am not really a fan of heated leather seats, and unfortunately 18" wheels are not an available option on the SE variant.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I last posted in this thread I was still deciding which spec to go for, and which colour I liked the best!

Anyway, 8 days ago the decision was made, and my order was placed for 1 1.4 TSi SE in Rodium Grey, plus a few other extras such as navigation system (sorry, I just had to have that!), full LED headlights, key-less entry and even park assist!

I would however like to thank those of you who kindly posted those lovely pictures of the various alloy wheels on offer, and I have to say although my choice was limited in the end by the model I chose, (plus having done a lot more 'research' also), my "wheels of preference" are in fact the 17" alloys which already come fitted as standard... which is probably just as well, as I couldn't justify any further expense in that area!

This Forum has helped me a lot along the way, and although I know I have a lot more to learn, I still like to help others out where I can, and to offer my opinions (and advice!) when necessary! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.