Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told there is a shortage of microchips for my new car which was ordered in March and should of arrive last week, now been told it will be end of August. As anyone else been told this. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Was speaking with my delaer on Monday, I actually asked him if the chip shortage is affecting them yet. He told me they cannot take any more orders for now because of it, My car was ordered mid April and is supposed to be built week 26 ( this week I think )
I must ask him tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Spoke with my dealer today. Car is built waiting to be shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
vectra said:
Spoke with my dealer today. Car is built waiting to be shipped.
Nice. Bet you can't wait. How did you get Beats Audio option. I thought you can't spec Ateca with Beats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
DELLFAN said:
vectra said:
Spoke with my dealer today. Car is built waiting to be shipped.
Nice. Bet you can't wait. How did you get Beats Audio option. I thought you can't spec Ateca with Beats.
Hi,
Yes, exciting times, even though I only have 10,000 kms on this one.
I specced it on this model when I ordered it,
it comes as standard in the FR+ now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
vectra said:
DELLFAN said:
vectra said:
Spoke with my dealer today. Car is built waiting to be shipped.
Nice. Bet you can't wait. How did you get Beats Audio option. I thought you can't spec Ateca with Beats.
Hi,
Yes, exciting times, even though I only have 10,000 kms on this one.
I specced it on this model when I ordered it,
it comes as standard in the FR+ now.
Oh okay. We don't get beats audio on any trims in UK. Even the higher spec Xperience LUX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone had any updates on delivery dates, I can't get anything from my dealer. Seat Ateca 1.5 FR Sport DSG Rhodium Grey ordered in March build week should have been week 22
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Fizzer said:
Anyone had any updates on delivery dates, I can't get anything from my dealer. Seat Ateca 1.5 FR Sport DSG Rhodium Grey ordered in March build week should have been week 22
I Ordered mine in mid April, was due to be built week 26 but found out yesterday it was built in week 24. So ahead of time apparently.
It is here in Ireland with over a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Ring Seat Customer services if you need anymore updates. They are good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Fizzer mine is ateca FR 2.0 tdi manual rhodium grey, meant to be week 22 but still not been confirmed as built, getting increasingly impatient!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Apparently the chip issue is now sorted, spoke to my dealer yesterday and he now said mines still not built. As you can guess I'm not very happy build week was 22 now we are in week 29
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My build week was 22 and can't get any information from dealer a complete was of time. Fr sport 1.5 dsg rohdium grey. I've also been told it was built and had been built now nothing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
My car had build week of week 20 and I still don't have the car. Seat customer service are useless can't give me any info. All they told me is my car is fully built but missing parts to be finished. When I ask when parts available nobody can give me any info. Placed order start of march. Only thing annoying is reading People place order way after I have and have got the car now an I'm still waiting so not sure how my car is affected by the chip shortage etc. Car on order is FR Sport in Dark Camo Green 1.5DSG anybody found out any further information
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
It's a waste of time complaining. The whole worldwide motor industry is suffering from a massive chip shortage. A modern car can need as many as 3000 microprocessors to work. Many companies have had to close down production lines including companies like Mercedes. Mercedes admit that they have no idea when they are going to be available. One of the reasons is that the phone market takes 10x as many chips as the car market. Apple have just ordered 100 million main processors for the iPhone 13 for delivery in the autumn. Some manufactures are building the car and putting it into storage until the parts arrive and that have no idea when that will be.

Some manufacturers are putting what chips they have in there most expensive models, so, the chip for your Ateca is probably in a £100k Porsche.

SEAT UK are very unlikely to have the slightest idea when individual cars will be delivered, even if they are showing as having been built.

If you are desperate to get an Ateca your best bet is to buy a good used one and the prices of those are going up fast. My son agreed to buy a Range Rover demo model 2 months ago. He is still waiting for it as they cannot get delivery of a replacement demo car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been informed today by the dealership I ordered my seat ate a from that I will be lucky to get my car by October November and I ordered it in March. Absolutely unbelievable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Fizzer said:
I've been informed today by the dealership I ordered my seat ate a from that I will be lucky to get my car by October November and I ordered it in March. Absolutely unbelievable
That's a sore one mate! Only slight positive of this is you'll get a newer reg if it's after the start of September but I'm sure you'd rather have the car asap. I don't understand why cars ordered a month or more after yours are already here and have been for a few weeks. I'm reading that the issues with the chip shortage isn't as bad as it was and it's slowly starting to recover but whether this is true or not I don't know. Hope you hear better news soon &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
 
1 - 20 of 320 Posts
Top