Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
261 - 280 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The delays are awful and the not knowing, I ordered mine first week in May, was looking at the VW allspace but they quoted me a longer delivery time and I have the Tiguan atm but needed 7 seats.
Never even mentioned a chip shortage when ordering...
I have come to the idea of not getting my car this year either and will be getting it hopefully beginning of 2022.

The waiting around from March must be increasingly frustrating!! I'm moaning and I ordered 2 months after you!! I hope you do get your car soon 😊 xx
I think they should have warned you at the time of ordering yours. I ordered mine 6th April and apparently my car wasn’t affected by the shortage and it only held up by the transportation side of it. But after I ordered mine, I had then read about the shortage and all the problems etc. Speaking to my dealer when I was waiting on mine they told me that the waiting times had shot up so surely you should have been informed 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seat are paying for my service as it was due after I should have had the car. Also he did mention some sort of compensation but he was unclear as he wouldn’t know until closer to the time.
When I ordered in July, i wasnt told at all about the delays and I should have the car in August, when I questioned the manager before the service he said that they had no idea about the delays, which i do not believe a word he said 🙈😂

·
Registered
253 Posts
....he said that they had no idea about the delays said:
Yeah he was clearly talking out of his rear end!! 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered an Excellence to replace the Ateca we have on PCP at the moment, it was ordered on 3rd July. Its part built according to Seat, waiting on Semiconductors.

Im getting increasingly annoyed with the wait. The dealership promised a one month delivery time when we ordered, and now trying to talk to anyone there is impossible. Are all manufacturers expereincing similar problems or just Seat and the Volkswagon Group ?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It's a worldwide problem and it's getting worse. No sign of change well into 2022. All manufacturers are affected.

Best choice you have is to buy the car at the end of its PCP. It will be worth far more than you pay for it. Prices of S/H cars are crazy. I have a March 2017 Excellence and paid 30k new. I have just been offered 23K for it.

Reactions: svetlanka612

·
Registered
23 Posts
We ordered an Excellence to replace the Ateca we have on PCP at the moment, it was ordered on 3rd July. Its part built according to Seat, waiting on Semiconductors.

Im getting increasingly annoyed with the wait. The dealership promised a one month delivery time when we ordered, and now trying to talk to anyone there is impossible. Are all manufacturers expereincing similar problems or just Seat and the Volkswagon Group ?
Ordered ours at the end of March, have recently been told the car is now at the shipping port and we may have it early to mid December

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered ours an excellence lux early oct, supposedly for March 22. No updates as of yet from the dealer, reading this thread and I can see ours being sept next year!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered my Ateca on July 7 and was told 12-16 weeks wait. Since then the main dealer has not been in contact once, even though they said they would regular update me with progress. I called them last month and they couldn't tell me anything, except that it would probably be the new year and not early new year! They said I could have my deposit back if I didn't want to wait that long. They didn't seem that bothered to be honest.

Wilber6

·
Registered
27 Posts
I phoned today, i mentioned my finance ends in February and it didnt sound promising that the car would arrive before then 😢🙃 (ordered mid july, estimated date for pick up was end of August)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered early May and it was due September. I think there is very little chance of me receiving my car this year now so I've given up hoping. Anything earlier than February will be a bonus. I am worried that the car was physically built in August but probably won't be driven until 5/6 months later. Also annoying if it's Jan as I will miss out on the new plate when I should of had the new one in sept. I think every Seat garage is the same very little info and trying not to contact clients.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Finally had an email from dealership to advise that my car has been fully built and is awaiting arrival at the dealership. So wait continues but atleast its good to know that finally its been chipped lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally had an email from dealership to advise that my car has been fully built and is awaiting arrival at the dealership. So wait continues but atleast its good to know that finally its been chipped lol.
Excellent news! Some are finally getting through! When did you order? What have you ordered?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Excellent news! Some are finally getting through! When did you order? What have you ordered?
Replacement Order placed by dealer in the last week of May. 1.5 tsi Xperience Lux manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Yaaay🎉thats great news!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, they told me that the car would be late august, and when I questioned them about the delay last month and they denied they knew about it! Even though it had been in the news ( after looking on here) . The manager did say in the end that they cant put a date. But now mine is moving so Im happy 😂🙈

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the benefit of others - my Ateca ordered 15/10/21 has now been given an arrival date at the dealer of 28/01/22.

Obviously no idea if that will materilaise but thought the info might be of interest to others!

261 - 280 of 320 Posts