Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post but have been following the thread for a while.

I placed my order for the new car around the 2nd week of June with the original delivery date being early to mid October. Obviously this has massively slipped and have been told by the dealer it is now scheduled to be built in week 5.

I am interested in where you are all getting detailed information and updates about your cars as I am getting next to nothing from the dealer. I am also curious as to how I ordered my car earlier than others who have since now received their cars when mine hasn’t even started being built yet.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello I ordered mine first week in may and I've been told it should reach the UK port tomorrow, for me to collect in about 7 days time. I heard very little from my garage until it pretty much was completed and left the factory. There seems no clear order to what cars are done when. I ordered a seat ateca sport fr which I believe takes longer. What did you order? Hope you hear something soon x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I ordered mine first week in may and I've been told it should reach the UK port tomorrow, for me to collect in about 7 days time. I heard very little from my garage until it pretty much was completed and left the factory. There seems no clear order to what cars are done when. I ordered a seat ateca sport fr which I believe takes longer. What did you order? Hope you hear something soon x
I have ordered a Cupra Ateca 2.0 TSI 4Drive. The lack of communication from the dealer has been very poor. Even when build dates have slipped I was never notified and had to phone them to get any information despite them insisting they were checking for updates daily. The few times I have phoned Seat customer services direct they have said that the dealer would have more information than they would. I might have to give them another try and see if they have anything to say. Likely going to find out the build week has slipped again.

I have seen a few people on this forum mention their cars being built and then awaiting the semiconductors to be completed. I was confidently informed by the dealer that the factory wasn’t doing this when I asked him about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I placed my order for the new car around the 2nd week of June with the original delivery date being early to mid October. Obviously this has massively slipped and have been told by the dealer it is now scheduled to be built in week 5.

I am interested in where you are all getting detailed information and updates about your cars as I am getting next to nothing from the dealer. I am also curious as to how I ordered my car earlier than others who have since now received their cars when mine hasn’t even started being built yet.

Thanks

Hi, all the info we get - its from garage where we ordered a car. Yes, some gotted earlier even though they have ordered later-it could be specifications or something else, we can only guess.
We ordered in july and where told we will get by October-November which of course didnt happen, then we were told it will get build 3rd week January, but we had a phone call before Christmas - thats its being build now and in March should be here. Apparently now its the issue with delivery - not sure why 😁
I will be emailing my dealer to see if they have build it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So have now been given a “confirmed” build week which of course has slipped again slightly from original scheduled build week 5.

Can anyone share whether when they were given their confirmed build week if it was kept to this date or if it deviated in any way?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered my Ateca on 7 July last year. After not a single call, message or email from the dealer in 6 months (even though when I ordered they said they would keep in touch regarding progress with my order) I called the dealer last week to ask where we were up to with the order. The salesman said that the order process was a '40 step' one and my car was at step 38 and should be ready for collection in '1 -2 weeks'. They confirmed that the price for the new car was fixed as per when I ordered, with a discount of £4000 on list price. They also confirmed the valuation of my part exchange was also fixed, from the quote back in July.They would be in touch when my car was ready. I am not holding my breath.......
Wilber6

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine was built in August apparently but has been waiting a chip. I've had confirmation I should be able to collect my car on the 20th Jan now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
I ordered my ateca experience 1.5 tsi dsg velvet red in April last year. I was told that it would be here late August or early September but those dates have been and gone. Got a phone call from the dealer yesterday saying the car is now here and can be collected on Monday. I'd actually forgotten about the car lol. What a wait. Hope its worth it. Good job I didn't order a Toyota land cruiser. (2 years) or a Ford fiesta. Notice that there's no discount to be had anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the benefit of others - my Ateca ordered 15/10/21 has now been given an arrival date at the dealer of 28/01/22.

Obviously no idea if that will materilaise but thought the info might be of interest to others!
Really surprised but have just had an email confirming the vehicle will be delivered to me on 25/01/2022. When ordering in October I was told to expect delivery at the end of March so feeling very very fortunate that in my case the vehicle has actually been delivered 2 months earlier than advised, am aware that's a real anomaly compared to the experiences of many in this thread.

Hopefully offers some encouragement to those of you still waiting that things do seem to be moving (albeit in what seems to be a fairly strange order....).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really surprised but have just had an email confirming the vehicle will be delivered to me on 25/01/2022. When ordering in October I was told to expect delivery at the end of March so feeling very very fortunate that in my case the vehicle has actually been delivered 2 months earlier than advised, am aware that's a real anomaly compared to the experiences of many in this thread.

Hopefully offers some encouragement to those of you still waiting that things do seem to be moving (albeit in what seems to be a fairly strange order....).
Wow that was quick. If you dont mind may i ask What trim level did you order ? Still waiting for my replacement vehicle order that was placed back in May and the dealer said they are still waiting for delivery which should have been 3 weeks from the last week of Nov.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow that was quick. If you dont mind may i ask What trim level did you order ? Still waiting for my replacement vehicle order that was placed back in May and the dealer said they are still waiting for delivery which should have been 3 weeks from the last week of Nov.
It's the 1.5 Xperience (DSG). No additional options added (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been following this thread for a while now. My Xperience Lux 1.5 DSG was ordered July 27th. Original estimated delivery date was November 12th, which came and went obviously. I currently have no revised delivery esitmate, no build week, or anything. Time to drop the dealer an email for any update they can provide me with I think.
I really feel for the dealers here, it seems they are getting next to nothing from Seat that they can pass on to their customers, some of whom I am sure must be more difficult than others.
I am pretty fortunate that I am in no real rush to receive my car. My current Xcellence Lux only has 27k miles on it, and the 2nd hand value seems to be holding strong, which is important as I have bought my new one through DriveTheDeal, so will have to sell my current car myself when the new one comes.

*Edit - I have now been informed that my car is now built and has left the factory and is on-route to the dealer in the UK. I am expecting to have it delivered early February.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: our car is in transit - but where, yet unspecified)) i hoped to get it first week of march for 22 plate, but something tells me it will be here before.. Kind a want 22 plate, otherwise will be asking for some discount as it will be 61 plate)))

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update
We ordered Oct originally for late March delivery which then slipped to status 10 for build week 14.

Revived a call from the dealer this week to say that we now have no build date and prob looking at aug-sept.
However they had a lava blue experience lux in stock and were we interested.
Collect the new car on Wednesday next week.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Update: our car is in transit - but where, yet unspecified)) i hoped to get it first week of march for 22 plate, but something tells me it will be here before.. Kind a want 22 plate, otherwise will be asking for some discount as it will be 61 plate)))
You don't have to pick it up until you're ready if you ask nicely - dealer hld my (Audi) a couple of weeks to get the new plate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You don't have to pick it up until you're ready if you ask nicely - dealer hld my (Audi) a couple of weeks to get the new plate.

I guess i will be asking them, hopefully they will be ok too)))

301 - 320 of 320 Posts