Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
361 - 380 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0TDI 150 4drive DSG Lava Blue
39 Posts
Its like green black blue in one 😁very interesting colour.
Took a bit time to understand how to activate keys with app and users. Got there at the end. Today will be tackling if mirrors fold when closing the car - at the moment they are not.
I bet u cant wait - honestly u will love your new car.
On the infotainment system go to the car option and then set your preferences for the mirrors folding when locked. It's annoying it's not default but found that with mine too when I picked it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everything went smoothly today with my delivery. Car delivered by a nice friendly guy who I gave a lift back to the train station after the delivery paperwork was all signed.
The car is nice, it's not radically different from the 2017 Ateca Xcellence that it's replacing, but there are a few things new to me. One of which is the Seat Connect App,which I can't say I am initially impressed with and may be uninstalling soon and removing its association with the car if it continues to ask me for a pin on the infotainment display when I start it up ! Hopefully this is just something I needed to do once though.
One question for others who have recently taken delivery.....what manuals were included in the fabric wallet ? Mine only contains the user manual, whereas my last one had a service stamp book, an infotainment book, a breakdown cover book and one other I cannot remember. Should I not have thesewith my new one?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Everything went smoothly today with my delivery. Car delivered by a nice friendly guy who I gave a lift back to the train station after the delivery paperwork was all signed.
The car is nice, it's not radically different from the 2017 Ateca Xcellence that it's replacing, but there are a few things new to me. One of which is the Seat Connect App,which I can't say I am initially impressed with and may be uninstalling soon and removing its association with the car if it continues to ask me for a pin on the infotainment display when I start it up ! Hopefully this is just something I needed to do once though.
One question for others who have recently taken delivery.....what manuals were included in the fabric wallet ? Mine only contains the user manual, whereas my last one had a service stamp book, an infotainment book, a breakdown cover book and one other I cannot remember. Should I not have thesewith my new one?
Hi Tronads,

I also only got the basic manuals book, believe this is standard now. You can tell it to save your S-PIN when you turn the car off I believe so you don't have to keep typing this in when getting in the car. I've done this and it doesn't bother you afterwards. The car has learned which user uses which key so when I unlock the car and get in with my key it auto logs me in and when my wife with her key unlocks the car it logs her in. Pretty neat in fairness if you like to have things setup just how you like them and can't stand them being changed by a significant other! haha/

Sounds like you're enjoying your new car thought which is great! Photos?? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like you're enjoying your new car thought which is great! Photos?? :)
I'll not bore anyone with photos, everyone knows what they look like !
Thanks for the assurance about the manuals. I will download the breakdown one and print out the first couple of pages for the car so I have the details if needed.
Another highlight I forgot to mention....I set up AndroidAuto and was sat in the car doing the setup, but decided I did not like the dreadful multi cable Seat provided, so disconnected my phone and was sat on Amazon looking for a shorter 30cm straight usbc to usbc cable when it occurded to me that VGO that I was listening to hadnt stopped when I disconnected the cable. Bluetooth audio maybe I thought, then I saw Google Maps was still on the screen ! So I have wireless Android Auto, which I was not aware the car had. Fortunately I had not ordered a cable.
Also, the iceing on the cake today was my 2017 Ateca selling on Motorway for just over £500 more than I paid for it 3 years ago. World has gone mad !

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll not bore anyone with photos, everyone knows what they look like !
Another highlight I forgot to mention....I set up AndroidAuto and was sat in the car doing the setup, but decided I did not like the dreadful multi cable Seat provided, so disconnected my phone and was sat on Amazon looking for a shorter 30cm straight usbc to usbc cable when it occurded to me that VGO that I was listening to hadnt stopped when I disconnected the cable. Bluetooth audio maybe I thought, then I saw Google Maps was still on the screen ! So I have wireless Android Auto, which I was not aware the car had. Fortunately I had not ordered a cable.
Also, the iceing on the cake today was my 2017 Ateca selling on Motorway for just over £500 more than I paid for it 3 years ago. World has gone mad !
Wowza! That really is crazy!

Yes when they originally launched the facelift with the MIB3 based infotainment I believe AndroidAuto was cable only (unlike CarPlay which was wireless at launch) but from my understanding since an update this was enabled for wireless use on AA (my Ateca did an update whilst I was going over the infotainment setup with the dealer on collection and it mentioned about AA in it).

I use an iPhone so was really happy to never have to plug it in! So can imagine it's awesome to have the same with AndroidAuto :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations on the car,🎉

So we had to just a manual in the case. They gave us keyring where said all the info about a roadside assistant - and the gave us cables with different attachments for different phones.
Everything is now online so they dont include anymore service stamps.

I have a question
On seat xperience lux does steering wheel should have a X on it?
Thank u

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is no X on mine.
Also there is no button for a heated steering wheel which I was sure I thought was something I thought I was going to get when I ordered back in July. Perhaps I imagined it.
Mine does have an 'X' on the steering wheel. Heated steering wheel is not available on any UK spec Atecas. The Xperience Lux does have heated front seats though. Very useful on a cold winters day!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The lack of X on the steering wheel is interesting but also annoying. I have sent an enquiry on the Seat web site so will report back with what they say. I am not that bothered about it, but its still something the car should have and doesn't. Maybe they will offer me some money back rather than go to what I am sure would be a load of bother and cost to make it right, and I would probably just accept that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The lack of X on the steering wheel is interesting but also annoying. I have sent an enquiry on the Seat web site so will report back with what they say. I am not that bothered about it, but its still something the car should have and doesn't. Maybe they will offer me some money back rather than go to what I am sure would be a load of bother and cost to make it right, and I would probably just accept that.
My Xperience Lux doesn’t have the X on the steering wheel either..

Did anyone who had a recent delivery get car mats with theirs? Mine arrived without. The supplying dealer said I should order from my local Seat garage & send him the bill.. apparently they’re on back order at the moment??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also, another question while I think of it…

I’ve had my car for about a week now & have figured most things out but there’s one thing thats bugging me - when switching to the sat nav it always starts with the ‘suggested destinations’ screen, with the last locations I travelled to. Is there a way to turn this off so it just goes straight to the map screen instead?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did anyone who had a recent delivery get car mats with theirs? Mine arrived without. The supplying dealer said I should order from my local Seat garage & send him the bill.. apparently they’re on back order at the moment??
Same here, no mats. I havent yet got round to visiting my local dealer. I assume the dealer I got the car from will be able to claim the refunds back from Seat after refunding us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got mats.
About destination on the map-that was something i wanted to find out too, how to delete that.
Right i guess email to Seat is a must about X on the wheel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got mats.
About destination on the map-that was something i wanted to find out too, how to delete that.
Right i guess email to Seat is a must about X on the wheel.
I think the tactic on the laser etching on the wheel should not be to flood them with enquiries at this stage, probably better to see what I get back off them, then anyone else can use that as leverage ("well Mr Tronads was offered this...." etc.

I managed to get the map looking like a proper map, so it can be done....I just don't recall how I did it.
I haven't yet figured out how to force a DAB full re-tune though. Mine looks to have been done down south,so probably needs retuning to my area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well mr Tronads - i wrote to them😁😁 they told me that they will raise this and get back to me once they recieve an answer,😁😁

How do you enjoy your car? I just love this keyless entry and keyles start.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m not all that concerned by the missing X on the steering wheel.. it would be interesting to hear why it’s different, but I suspect it’ll be down to ‘supply chain issues’. I’d rather have had my car now instead of wait longer for the branded steering wheel.

Pressing the flag button in the top left corner of the display gets rid of the sat nav ‘suggested destinations’ screen, but I’d still like to know if there’s a way to disable this permanently so the map screen is loaded straight away.

Also, I discovered yesterday that my car has been set to 2 yearly service intervals. The phone app shows my next service is due in 713 days. I’ve asked the supplying dealer how I can change this back to annual servicing, like my previous Ateca.. this should be possible I assume?

Other than that I’m loving the car. I received it last week & since then have been driving it to Scotland & back for a trip… it has been a pleasure to drive. This is my first car that hasn't had a manual gearbox - I can‘t believe how smooth & effortless the DSG box is!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also, I discovered yesterday that my car has been set to 2 yearly service intervals. The phone app shows my next service is due in 713 days.
Is this not the variable service thing, where it will adjust itself depending on how the car is driven and the conditions its driven in ? I am sure I read something about it a while ago so keep an eye on it from time to time. Mine is the same, which is a bit annoying as I paid in advance for the first 2 services thinking they would be at the 1 year and the 2 year mark , but if they are that far apart, I doubt I will still have the car long enough to actually have the second service. My first thought seeing that was "that can't be right!"
The other thing is we are trusting the app is right, what if its telling us something erroneous and we end up going over a point where the mileage should have warranted a service but its been missed....our warranty could end up invalidated. I really don't like not having a proper service book that would show clearly when the next one is due.
Glad you like DSG, if you are anything like me you'll never go back to a manual. My first DSG was on a Leon back in 2014, and since then I have had DSG boxes on a Polo Gti+, an Ateca, and now my new Ateca. Just a very pleasant driving experience with them all round. One thing though....in all that time on those cars, I have never once used the gear change paddles.....I don't know why they waste time and money putting them on !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is this not the variable service thing, where it will adjust itself depending on how the car is driven and the conditions its driven in ? I am sure I read something about it a while ago so keep an eye on it from time to time. Mine is the same, which is a bit annoying as I paid in advance for the first 2 services thinking they would be at the 1 year and the 2 year mark , but if they are that far apart, I doubt I will still have the car long enough to actually have the second service. My first thought seeing that was "that can't be right!"
The other thing is we are trusting the app is right, what if its telling us something erroneous and we end up going over a point where the mileage should have warranted a service but its been missed....our warranty could end up invalidated. I really don't like not having a proper service book that would show clearly when the next one is due.
Glad you like DSG, if you are anything like me you'll never go back to a manual. My first DSG was on a Leon back in 2014, and since then I have had DSG boxes on a Polo Gti+, an Ateca, and now my new Ateca. Just a very pleasant driving experience with them all round. One thing though....in all that time on those cars, I have never once used the gear change paddles.....I don't know why they waste time and money putting them on !
I’m not all that concerned by the missing X on the steering wheel.. it would be interesting to hear why it’s different, but I suspect it’ll be down to ‘supply chain issues’. I’d rather have had my car now instead of wait longer for the branded steering wheel.

Pressing the flag button in the top left corner of the display gets rid of the sat nav ‘suggested destinations’ screen, but I’d still like to know if there’s a way to disable this permanently so the map screen is loaded straight away.

Also, I discovered yesterday that my car has been set to 2 yearly service intervals. The phone app shows my next service is due in 713 days. I’ve asked the supplying dealer how I can change this back to annual servicing, like my previous Ateca.. this should be possible I assume?

Other than that I’m loving the car. I received it last week & since then have been driving it to Scotland & back for a trip… it has been a pleasure to drive. This is my first car that hasn't had a manual gearbox - I can‘t believe how smooth & effortless the DSG box is!
I am surprised that people are so wary of the variable service setting. I have it on mine and, as previously mentioned, the car adjusts the service interval based on how the car has been driven. I too paid in advance for two services and the first was carried out at twenty three months, as advised by the computer. There were no problems and the car continues to perform faultlessly. I feel increasingly isolated as an advocate of the manual gearbox. The Ateca box is brilliant however and I doubt I would ever go automatic. Fine for a holiday hire car, but lacks the sheer pleasure of a good manual.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive paid for 2 service - but was told thats once a year-like a normal services.
Anyeay i got answer back from my dealership regards missing X :

Good afternoon Svetlana,

I have heard back from SEAT and they have advised that this was part of the model year 22 change.
Your car has been built accurately and the “newly designed and upholstered steering wheel” refers to the introduction of the cruise control and driver assist buttons, and the new leather used”. SEAT UK have also advised that the photos on the website are generated from the Spanish head office, therefore they don’t always reflect 100% the UK spec and that they will raise the issue with them directly.

From what I can see you miss the “X” on the steering wheel but you have gained pre-crash assist (tightening of seat belts, closing of windows and application of the brakes, in the event of a foreseen accident).

Well i am sure i got 22 model, ive seen X on 22model, they arent Spanich cars either,

Can please anyone who are in UK send me pic of their wheels 😁 i must go back to him with facts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I heard back from the dealer - I had queried my new car being on the variable servicing intervals. He says he has changed this to annual servicing with Seat & that the new schedule should show in the Seat Connect app in a few days.

I'm still loving the DSG box by the way. I've always thought that I would miss the interaction with the manual gearbox & have always held off buying automatic cars... but it's much more comfortable on longer journeys, and I've used the flappy-paddles a few times to change gears manually so there is still some direct involvement if I choose.

361 - 380 of 386 Posts