Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this post on Auto Car and it fits in with the delivery thread.

View attachment 157

Demand for the Seat Ateca is likely to outstrip supply when the car reaches showrooms in September, UK boss Richard Harrison has cautioned.

"We've got limited supply this year," said Harrison. "I suspect the positive reaction will mean that demand outstrips supply throughout 2017, too.

We are fighting with the factory for more cars, but the positive side of this equation is that demand will keep residual values high, and that just makes Ateca an even more appealing proposition.

More here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/seat-ateca-demand-likely-outweigh-supply

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
:) Even more glad I took a risk and put my deposit down. October is the absolute limit for me needing a car, any longer than that and I would have had to look elsewhere.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
& don't be expecting discounts is the corollary. Anybody who buys anything manufacturerd abroad may have noted that the sale price keeps heading up towards the RRP. SSDs in question for me which demonstrates the dynamics of the pound post Brexit. A double whammy for anybody wanting to buy an Ateca in the UK, high European demand and a weak pound. Never mind residuals will be high, when you sign that PCP contract knowing you have a good deal or something like this...

This bit read like a press hand out and err the rest

The Seat Ateca First Edition sits above SE and alongside the comfort-orientated Xcellence models and majors on tech and exterior style upgrades.
It doesn't sit alongside the Xcellence unless you parked it there ;).

It will be true that demand is high, factory capacity limited and probably Seat UK over ordered the limited edition perhaps.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but taking the lack of engine options aside, the only things the first edition lacks compared to a base Xcellence is chrome on the windows and roof bars, possibly the visible exhaust (exterior shots are inconsistent on the first edition as to whether they are there or not), auto wipers and lights and the different alloys (although still 18 inch on both cars). Oh and leather!! Possibly the sat Nav is different but I have given up trying to work out the differences. Every other thing the Xcellence could have is an additional cost option.

In base spec the first edition actually has the virtual pedal as well which the Xcellence does not. The Xcellence is not worth an extra 2k on base spec alone I don't think. That's where your free 1300 quid discount comes in on the first edition, spec for spec there is not much in it, most of it is visual cues saying you are driving "top spec".

Anyone noticed the SE technology is showing up now on some Seat webpages? It's the replacement trim level for the first edition when they sell all 200 I have been told by my dealership (still sits fractionally beneath the First edition, saves you £500). Haven't investigated what it has extra to SE.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The dreaded leather seat option of the Xcellance plus you can only get 4x4 DSG in the Xcellance, engine, gear box and power train. Clearly the FE was a pet of the MK HQ. I would have been much more happy if they allowed you to order from the complete Ateca range on the continent than have played silly crowd marketing games to cover up their restricted menu choice. Unless they are turning out loads of cars with the same spec I can't see its any cheaper for production. I just see it as silly misguided management games in Seat in the UK to limit options and then to try to build on the Firsr Edition as what people wanted. Then they destroy their own top of the range model to say the First Edition is the same type of thing which it isn't, they just threw in some goodies for free which they probably wouldn't do now. Perhaps they are destroying the Xcellence to later market the Ateca Cupra. Bit weird if Seat to try to equate the First Edition with the Xcellence unless they have a reason for doing it, or just flippant.

Talking of which someone got done for doing 165MPH in a Leon Cupra in East Anglia.... they must have removed the speed limiter or got it chipped.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Magpie86 said:
Anyone noticed the SE technology is showing up now on some Seat webpages? It's the replacement trim level for the first edition when they sell all 200 I have been told by my dealership (still sits fractionally beneath the First edition, saves you £500). Haven't investigated what it has extra to SE.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good point Tell. It does make the range more complicated, and if they are not giving us all the options (eg you can't drop the leather) it is infuriating. I think most car manufacturers do something along the lines of the first edition when they launch a model though, helps build hype i guess if they have something extra to advertise. I noticed even now for example, Citroen sell a "Rip Curl" version of the c4 cactus. Fiat sold multiple 500 specials as well.

Thanks Ghiggz. That helps a lot! Yeah so basically the Xcellence gets a more powerful engine as standard, the convienience pack for the lights and wipers, leather, interior light options, the chrome bits and different alloys, but doesn't have the virtual pedal. The welcome mirror lights are not included on the first edition list but it's definitely in there as well. If it's not I will want a reduction in my monthly payments because it's definitely on the PDF I have!

The technology gets unsurprisingly the key technology extras! Interesting it gets the chrome bits. I am not bothered by those as I actually voted for the understated look (black matte) when they did the crowd source bit. Full LED lights seems the big one, will attract lots to the SE Tech above the standard SE I reckon.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Magpie86 said:
The welcome mirror lights are not included on the first edition list but it's definitely in there as well. If it's not I will want a reduction in my monthly payments because it's definitely on the PDF I have!
Yeah they are def on it, they are just part of the LED headlight pack...!!

The full owners manuals for car, maintenance, and media system are online now too.. Have been having a nose through!!!
Have posted links in faults/tech section if anyone wants??

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Talking to a Spanish dealer today about discounts. In Spain all the discounts come from Seat and they can change every month. In July they were including the 360º cameras and powered bootlid in the price. For August there are no discounts apart from ones related to finance.

That tends to indicate that they have no need to stimulate sales at present due to the huge demand they have had just from Spain and Germany. When the remaining countries start taking firm orders the situation will only get worse.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The First Editions are essentially a Seat UK discount which runs for the period of model sale although if it's not what you wanted it doesn't help. My dealer discount was funded by themselves which I assume to be cross substitution of Seat discounts and markups on other models, servicing, sales including the other franchise rather them taking a hit on this model's profits. Other Seat dealers at the time were doing zero discounts, no we can't, not on a new car just released etc. I know when I was looking at the Tiguan some dealer chains had a policy of not to discount. From my experience you are better off with the non chain dealers, the chain dealers stick to company rules. As for the Web discounters they were a waste of time with either very low discounts or fantasy numbers. This may or may not have changed in the last period.

The other stream of "discounts" are the PCP'S if you aren't paying cash which are wiggled by Seat to the customer. Don't do those. Those are like where you have the utility of it against price. I can see that's the one where head office may chuck in stuff but still keep the PCP central pricing structure. Suppose local dealers can play this game as well. Not too sure who the contract is with thou, the dealer or Seat. One expects Seat so dealers messing about with freebies would be spotted.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You do have to be careful with pcp. Sometimes the deposit contribution is so high or the interest so low they have fiddled something else. Usually the final balloon payment (GFV). Sometimes they are just genuinely decent though, depends on how keen they are to shift cars! Obviously Seat are in no rush to sell cars this year due to supply, so I am glad I went first edition to get my discount that way. My pcp deal is bang on average and is only saved a little bit by the high GFV keeping my payments half reasonable (for a 22k car).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts