Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep finding random pictures of the Ateca which I think would be useful to share so I'll start adding them all to this thread. Feel free to add any you find too.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's the mock suede alcantara seats, the base part.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)

Velor is mock velvet. Seat in international markets positions alcantara above cloth, but lower than leather.

The dealer who knew I didn't like leather was trying to get me to agree that the demo LHD car they had in alcantara felt "funny". It felt OK to me :). The Xcellence in other markets gives you options, just in black leather for the UK. IRL you can have brown or black leather.

Running through the Spanish configurator for the Xcellence "Azul Mediterráneo" blue is free (non metallic) whilst Azul Lava is extra. Could have been the other blue in the video may be ?. Looking at the video again it is metalic but the guy has a funny complexion, he's looking very orange (trump orange), assuming it's not a spray tan the colour balance isn't right on the video hence why the car isn't the right colour. They haven't set the white balance on the camera.

Then you get two choices of the seat materials Alcántara or Tapicería en piel (leather), then two colour choices for each Alcántara Tapicería or in ***** and leather Tapicería de piel en color marrón (brown) and black leather. So for Xcellence we get enforced black leather in the UK, Eire gets the choice of black or brown leather. That's to say we have our choice cut back by 75 percent, Ireland 50 percent. Whilst I suspect without checking all other major European countries get the same choice as Spain. The video was Italian BTW. The orange seats features a lot, that's all I've seen in the two demo cars in the UK, but they aren't in the UK spec for the Xcellance but just over here for demonstration purposes.

In one early Youtube video at the original launch in Spain I saw the leather falling apart on the car... it was on the back of the front seat viewed from the rear. Hopefully they will have that sorted on the production cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. It would be useful to know for sure, as I like the colour of the one in the video but don't like the colour in the configurators. The photo a few messages above this looks like the video.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Looking at my notes when I talked to Matt the Seat guy at Silverstone he said these colours were new to Seat

Samoa Orange
Mato Brown
Jungle Green

So not that blue. If you go through the configurator, produce the PDF and look at the paint code, you should be able to find it on those specimen model cars they have in the Seat show rooms. The code and name is on the end of the specimen models. Then you ask to see a car in that colour.

Well Lava Blue is 0F0F is also a Skoda colour. A trip to a Skoda dealer may be required to gauge it. It's also on the Seat Toledo so you should be able to find an example.

This site paints a super in it.

http://www.skoda.lv/superb

I note that Rhodium Grey F6F6 in Skoda parlance is a Quartz Grey F6F6, the colour I'm having. I did think there were sparkles in it... F6F6 is also suppose to be like Audi's Daytona, that thread is where my favourite colour got ditched, platinum / steel grey.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/291121-the-new-grey/

Anyhow so that's why there are a lot of Audi s about in Rhodium Grey it is considered to be similar to Daytona, this post from #23 shows the colour on the left.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/daytona-and-monsoon-side-by-side.206055/

I'm hoping the daylight running lights will generate the same look as the Audi's in this colour.

Interesting that Seat and Skoda share paints, VW and Audi don't not on codes. Probably a snotty thing, welcome to comments.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think the bottom colour is wrong it will be like the top one. You do see a range of cars in that blue. Think the Ateca colours are generally inline with other car colours that are about. Not too sure of jungle green thou. You see the orange.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You have to be careful with the colour balance in artificial light. I think that picture is too warm based on the white of the car, so you are looking at more blue for the actual colour. Skoda and Seat share the same paints so a visit to a Skoda / Seat dealers with the paint code thrown up by the configurator PDF is your best bet if you can't see the car. I was looking at a Skoda in the same rhodium grey yesterday as the one I've ordered and wondered whether I had made a good choice. Car colours in the countryside work differently too towns. I don't think rhodium grey is a good countryside colour whilst metallic blue would be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think you are right, most photos seem to indicate a 'greener' blue in reality. I did try my local Skoda dealer but there was nothing similar present.

While researching it is annoying to find out that you can get a 1.4 DSG in Poland too, just not in the UK!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Looking BMW ish in that picture. Interesting whether Skoda ditch their existing somber quirky look and get a bit more style in the designs. That will leave VW as the odd one out then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any actual pictures for passion red XC with the performance Machined 18in alloy?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Boy_kotong said:
Any actual pictures for passion red XC with the performance Machined 18in alloy?
If you can wait till Dec I'll have one :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Boy_kotong said:
If you visit our Spanish cousin site clubseatateca.com (with google translate) they have a "Show your Ateca" thread, currently with around 70 or so posts, loads of pics of all manner of trim/colour/engine/wheel etc to peruse there!!
Found these on there!!
Seems a lot more Euro customers have taken delivery than in the UK...
Prob due to shorter shipping times with no sea to cross!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.