Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this forum is all about Ateca so I hope the admins dont mind me asking this here.

I had a long chat with my local VW dealer today to compare the Ateca with the new Tiguan.
There is quite a big price difference but he kept on saying that customers generally find VW to be more solid built and such.

I personally never owned a VW as the last few cards I had were Fords, which I am trying to move away from.

What is everyones opinion between the two?
Looking at reviews, there isn't much difference apart from the hefty price and included/optional features.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,
The Ateca is being made in the same factory that Skoda use, as well as the Audi A3. I think that Skoda have cleaned up many awards over the last few years and my last two Yeti's have been excellent, look at the JD power results to see where Skoda overall come in comparison to VW! The parts are from the same stock bins throughout the VW range all be it that VW get the first pick and Seat Skoda engines gearboxes etc. that have been around a few years, more likely to be bug free in my book. I think you can rest assured that the quality of build will be as good as or better in my mind. Go into a Skoda dealership and look at the new cars to get an idea for yourself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Bugzi, welcome to the forum. I have owned VW group cars for over 30 years, mainly VW but my last 4 cars have been Skodas. I honestly feel that the extra you pay for a VW is not money well spent. All of my Skodas have been very reliable and the quality has been excellent. My son has a 13 reg Tiguan and would not have another - he has had a few issues with ride quality, poor fuel economy and poor dealer performance. The new Tiguan looks nicer but is too expensive in my view (and a bit too big).

Having said that I would wait until you can have a test drive of both. I have never owned a Seat and having read a lot about the Leon on other forums, there could be an issue with build quality and the dealer network, while improving, is not the best. The reason I am keen on the Ateca is because it wil be built on a Skoda production line so I am hoping the build quality will be good. It is also not that big lengthwise, will fit in my garage and my wife will find it easy enough to drive. If you are coming from Fords I'm sure either of the two cars would be a fine choice.

Oops, I have just seen ernieb's post - very similar to my views!

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Skoda have been cleaning up at the awards for years now so hopefully the Ateca will do equally as well.

My friend is on his second Leon now and loves them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts