Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any?

Had some form of vague correspondence with Seat today and they mentioned my car was at stage 10 with build date week 31..

How can they be so vague all the time - i must take a hell of a lot of effort. So now am curious about this mystery 'stage 10'.... have emailed back but got the usual automated reply so will be another week I guess and then will see if they explain what they meant

Anybody know what they meant by 'stage 10'??

·
Registered
160 Posts
This was posted by Kindness on a previous thread and supposedly it's the exact same system for SEAT.

Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - Your Audi has left the factory
Order Status 38 - Arrived at Port
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

So according to this your order is at the first stage and hasn't went into production yet which would be correct giving your build date.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Wonder what happened to stages 1-9! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
When did you order missy?

G

·
My dealer has sent screen captures from their order tracking system to me several times. It doesn't show numeric production phase, instead there are multiple text lines with check mark telling when that particular phase has been reached. Those phases are (excuse the language, I try to translate them from Finnish):

- Contract signed
- Order entered to the system
- Production week confirmation
- Body manufacturing starts
- Body painting starts
- Assembly starts
- Assembly completed
- Car ready
- Left the factory
- Arrived at the export port
- Left the export port
- Arrived at the destination port

Because this system uses Finnish language, I'm tempted to believe it's propably not official SEAT system. To my knowledge, SEAT Finland is nothing but a Finnish language website. The cars are imported by a domestic company, which also imports Audi and VW cars (but not Skodas). They might have their own system which gets it's data from the SEAT tracking system.

Anyway, for me it tells that mine is on the third phase. My car already has the production number, but no VIN code yet. The time from "Body manufacturing starts" to "Car ready" phase is estimated to be less than a week (in my case, it will be made during Easter). Then it still takes about one month to arrive to Finland.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
missy said:
Are there any?

Had some form of vague correspondence with Seat today and they mentioned my car was at stage 10 with build date week 31..

How can they be so vague all the time - i must take a hell of a lot of effort. So now am curious about this mystery 'stage 10'.... have emailed back but got the usual automated reply so will be another week I guess and then will see if they explain what they meant

Anybody know what they meant by 'stage 10'??
That's the Audi one posted above. The main thing is you get a pencilled in build date which is week 31 then about two weeks before it becomes firm. So I'd ask again in week 29

https://weeknumber.co.uk/?q=29

Then it takes 5 days to build and the month or so to get to the UK. If you phone Seat Customer Services with your Seat Order number they put you on hold whilst someone else queries the Seat ordering factory system. I'd be relaxed until two weeks before the pencilled in build date to make sure it's happening, then the week after the build week check it's been built. Then relax for a month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts