1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
For iOS they should have the My Seat app.
https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/mijn-seat/id979156368?l=nl&mt=8

However when trying that app I need to scan a QR code to identify the car. This QR code should be in the manual or inside the door opening.

I couldn't find any QR-code on mine car. Contacted Seat Belgium but they seems to know nothing about this app. Strange since this app is available in the Belgium App Store and translated as well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Having had a good play with both the Seat apps a few days after it arrived, personally I think they are pretty useless and just a gimmick.

They offer nothing of any real value, just some novelty stuff to show your mates..

Have not even used them again since about day four of ownership..

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Having had a good play with both the Seat apps a few days after it arrived, personally I think they are pretty useless and just a gimmick.

They offer nothing of any real value, just some novelty stuff to show your mates..

Have not even used them again since about day four of ownership..
Ghiggz how did you get the app to work as it has not been released to the UK app store yet?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ghiggz is an Android man walking the true path of enlightenment ;).

I can't get MirrorLink on my Android tablet so I'm not missing much then :).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Seat drive and seat connect apps have on android, that's what are in the pdf Tell linked to anyway, unless you mean something else??

They been on Google play store for months, I installed them weeks before I even had the car..

You not missing much, real time graphs on the screen of rpm, speed, what gear you in etc.. Just a novelty.. All that is on the dash anyway..

Recording your journey to work and comparing it to yesterday's.. So what..

It connects to your social media and reads things out to you, if that's your bag then fair enough but I don't want that crap while driving thanks..

Basically the standard Bluetooth connection works great for calling and texting, you can set six faves and assign them pictures, and android auto via cable is great for satnav and again calling and texting..

Can't see me using the Seat apps again..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ghiggz, no I'm fine since I can't get MirrorLink on my tablet, thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm finding it a bit tiresome how much AndroidAuto takes over my phone, have to switch the bluetooth off when I'm a passenger unless it's sat-naving or we want the music on, or the app has a hissy fit. Also need to remember to not put the phone in the wireless charging slot when it's plugged in on USB, seems to overheat and take offence.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Seat drive and seat connect apps have on android, that's what are in the pdf Tell linked to anyway, unless you mean something else??

They been on Google play store for months, I installed them weeks before I even had the car..

You not missing much, real time graphs on the screen of rpm, speed, what gear you in etc.. Just a novelty.. All that is on the dash anyway..

Recording your journey to work and comparing it to yesterday's.. So what..

It connects to your social media and reads things out to you, if that's your bag then fair enough but I don't want that crap while driving thanks..

Basically the standard Bluetooth connection works great for calling and texting, you can set six faves and assign them pictures, and android auto via cable is great for satnav and again calling and texting..

Can't see me using the Seat apps again..
I agree that the apps have been available for months, but they are not compatible with any of my android devices.
Unless I have missed something, the information about the compatibility of these apps is sorely missing....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.