Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - that will teach me to check 0500 payment charges for mobiles....

·
Registered
778 Posts
missy said:
Well - that will teach me to check 0500 payment charges for mobiles....
Who are you with? It's free from my mobile :shock:

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's definitely not free on my contract (EE)

I checked it and used to phone from work instead.

Did it not give you the warning to say 'you may be charged for this call' before it went through? If it ever says that then the number won't be included in your contract minutes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Get them to call you, generally they are fairly responsive, call back usually within a day

·
Registered
778 Posts
True that... did some more digging. They are free for me (GiffGaff) but when Ofcom forced telcos to make 0800 and 0808 numbers free they left off 0500 so some mobile operators have been fleecing users ever since. Should be free from a landline though (see: https://www.gov.uk/call-charges ).

Oddly enough there was an announcement then 0500 numbers are being withdrawn on 3rd June 2017 (see: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0031/74389/0500_statement.pdf) so Seat better hurry up with changing the numbers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No wonder that always put me on hold!

They are changing their number soon so says automated message but am annoyed they call this customer service and fleece customers.

With Vodafone and nope no message..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can't really blame SEAT. It's free from a landline but your mobile provider are charging you.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:eek: no idea 0500 wasn't free everywhere. A quick check and seems half the main ones are free half aren't, and for gods sake don't ring from a vodaphone mobile :shock:

3 - FREE
VODAPHONE - 55P PER MIN
BT MOBILE - FREE
EE - 20P PER MIN
VIRGIN MOBILE - FREE
TESCO MOBILE - 20P PER MIN

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an app called WeQ4u if you put the 0500 number in to that it dials a free 0330 number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts