Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunn Vag Happy has praised the merits of registering for Seat Ensurance in the past, works along side you own insurance. It's free for three years like the warranty. You have to register which I did back in November, op in as I recall, see thread link at the bottom.

I had an email today with the phone number and directions for the Apple and Android apps

Save the Ensurance claims number today and remember to call us first if your SEAT is involved in an accident or stolen.

24-Hour Claims Helpline
0333 043 3783

You can also report a claim using the:

Online claim notification form >>

SEAT Insurance app >>

If you haven't already, download the app for free now:

Download on the App Store Android App on Google play

Benefits of using Ensurance:

-Guaranteed use of a SEAT approved repairer and SEAT trained technicians
-Repair using only genuine SEAT parts
-Cover for both fault and non-fault claims
-A dedicated Claims Manager
-Legal Expenses Cover
FAQ

https://www.insurewithseat.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/FAQs.aspx

See previous thread from Dunn Vag Happy

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=324&p=2812&hilit=seat+insurance#p2812

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks Tell.

That certainly looks like something well worth doing.

I haven't even thought about insurance for my new Ateca yet, but will probably get a quote from their own company first.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used Confused.com and compared with Seat. The Seat one was with the umbrella company (Aegis) that does Kwik Fit which was more expensive than the best one from Confused which was Privalege. It came out cheaper than my 12 year old Altea DSG TDI 2.0. I got more for less which I was pleased about but still get access to this side insurance.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Aviva are worth a check

Gave me an excellent price :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm low risk :). Never had an accident in 34 years motoring. The only crash was when I was watching TV in the house and another car rammed another car which then rammed mine.

I did review what Confused had about me, they didn't have my retired status which deleted business use, ditto the partner, so worth reviewing any stored profiles on quotes before asking for another one on old information that makes you more risky.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
I'm low risk :). Never had an accident in 34 years motoring..
I'm low risk as Female and never had an accident either or points in over 30 years of driving

must be because I drive slow with no other cars on the roads and creep out of junctions like an American ;)

JOKE OK !!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm taking that literal :).

Although you do get worried when they slew out in front of you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm with admiral insurance only charged me £20 extra to swap the insurance from my 13 plate altea and included changing the plate from the 66 to my cherished one

·
Registered
237 Posts
Checked my reg on seat U.K. For the ensurance it said my car was already registered maybe that's because I took their gap insurance out

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sidelight said:
I get the feeling people are confusing 'Ensurance' and insurance.
Correct. If anyone wonders why their insurance is so high, it's because of fcilities like Ensurance because they're simply ambulance chasers. Brings a smile to my face when I see them being described as 'Free' - awe bless. How do you think they make their money?

No different to those annoying phones calls you get during the day from folk offering to submit PPI claims. The clue comes when they say "Whenever you have an accident, call us before your insurer".

Everyone will have their own views and no doubt people will be happy with the service provided by companies like this, but don't be fooled - their first school of thought is how do WE make as much money as possible, not how do we serve the client as best as possible. They're all the same.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Vagg was very happy with them since it costs nowt worth registering. Surely Seat are coughing up on this so it's recovered to a Seat garage.

Admit I only worry when it breaksdown and that normally a flat battery since I should have changed it at 4 years or a ballooning tyre and I don't take wheels off but point them in the direction of the spare. That's recovery mind you.... forgot or the Seat garage services your car delivers is back home and doesn't fit the turbo charger pipe back on with clips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Montala said:
Sidelight said:
I get the feeling people are confusing 'Ensurance' and insurance.
That was my first thought also... until I read the FAQ link in the first post in this thread.

https://www.insurewithseat.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/FAQs.aspx
I don't agree. Ensurance is a product that is offered separate to your car insurance that is a 'middle man' that contacts your actual insurer on your behalf and ensures (pardon the pun) that your vehicle is repaired with genuine Seat parts.

As Golfmk56 says in much stronger words, they are just a company making money out of your insurance claim.

I have a Seat at the moment and have this 'cover', however when morons have crashed into me it has been quite simple to request an approved repairer without another company making money doing what I can do myself.

I have no issue with people using it if they find it reassuring, I'm just expressing my opinion. They are offering it 'free' because they make money from your claims.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Golfmk56 is indeed correct in the assessment of Ensurance, and it's not even technically an insurance policy anyway.

I've had it for my Audis and the VW Polo, and it might be useful in some circumstances; however, the whole issue of making sure that your car is recovered, repaired using genuine VW/Audi/Skoda/SEAT parts etc etc. is actually in your hands and the hands of your insurer, and here's why...

The vast majority of mainstream insurers will have your car recovered and repaired by their "approved" repairers, as per your policy wording; but these "approved"' repairers are usually, if not often, neither the manufacturer/dealer or even a Bodyshop approved by them.

This is how insurers can try to keep their costs down and tie in suppliers. However, all Ensurance are doing for you is acting like a claims handler, (which BTW, you pay your insurer to do for you.....) and they also tell your insurer and/or the third party insurers that YOU are exercising your legal right to NOT use the insurers approved repairer (including non OE parts, paints etc.) but that you want to use the VW Approved repairer......so it redirects business back to the VW group.

What's the problem! Well, none if like me you insist on using a VW approved Bodyshop anyway, but Ensurance just add their admin. costs into the whole cost of the process and everybody ends up paying more in premiums....whereas by just telling your own insurer you want to choose who repairs your car, this cost is avoided.

However to combat that, and seek to ensure you go with the insurers approved repairer and keep the business with their suppliers, they will charge you an additional non-approved repairer excess; but legally they can't stop you making the choice, and the additional excess you pay is recoverable from the third party insurer.

Discovered all of this when someone took the front off the Polo last January 6 weeks after it was bought;, insisted it went to Glasgow Audi for repair, didn't even bother Ensurance, recovered the additional excess and saved the third party insurer the cost of Ensurance within an already £4500 bill !

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had my Citroën ferried to a Citroën garage after it got it's front end shunt whilst I was watching the TV in the house then told the insurer what I'd done.... sounds like me. :). They had to send their assessment people there. No debate about where it was going. I would do it again. We didn't know who did the ramming action of the car in front of me that sped off. Since the women who hit my car was also in her house she wasn't responsible but thought it was her ex....

Seat recovery allows you to have it delivered at any Seat garage and then for those people keeping the car beyond the warranty if you book it's annual Seat service online then they throw in free European recovery. That's worth a fair bit. About £70 or £90 but since its Seat again they will take you car to any UK Seat garage not 10 or 12 mile limits that my previous cheapo European cover provided which tied me in to my local rubbish North London Seat dealerships. That's breaking down in the UK BTW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts