Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You get that 5 day cover note free to start you off and a quote from Seat Insurance.

For people who are getting their cars early I'm intrigued to know how petitive Seat insurance is. I just used Confused to renew mine that put me on KWIK fit Insurance which is run by the same people who administer the Seat one. No doubt they try to lock you into it then put the prices up. I did save myself £120.

Feels like another poll coming on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used to use the Skoda insurance, same thing as its all part of the VW scheme, it was very good, reasonable price with the guarantee that only approved parts and service centres would be used in the event of an accident. However, last year the premium went through the roof, this year I used a Skoda forum recommended insurance company and got a Briskoda discount. Good price etc. I guess all depends on age, location, value and insurance record. Just note I've not made a claim forever except a wind screen.
I've used the free 5 day cover before quit useful.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ernie. They probably get you in cheap then hike it up. Seat booked services online gives you full European cover, so that's useful once out of the three years. Ageas are the underwriters of the Seat one which will be VW as well and also the KWIK fit one. Ageas recovery was like the Seat one, will take you anywhere in the UK, no 15 mile limit as the one I have at the minute.

So it appeared to me that the Ageas were economic. Will be interesting to see what quote I get then, run another confused one and the money one gets back on what I've just taken out.

No I don't have an accident record, the only one was a parked car, slammed into mine whilst I was watching television indoors. A neighbour's ex decided to ram her car, which rammed mine taking out the front and radiator. They never stopped, she said it would be her ex. That gave me an accident record 15 years ago. Her rental neighbour offered the advice that I should go to a breakers yard for a radiator whilst the front was smashed in. He needed a head transplant. Since I had the wheels turned round it went up the kerb, if I hadn't I think the Telegraph pole at the back would have come down on it.

Possibly, probable the first year is cheap then they load it on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I got my Leon they gave a week free insurance although I had to phone them to get it. Then they did a 'quote' for the full year that was over double what I ended up paying elsewhere. Their reasoning was that for some people price isnt the main issue!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Malcster. I'll do the free 5 days. It will be interesting to see their quote against the one I mentioned by their underwriter and a Confused trawl. It was LV that that were out of line with KWIK fit Insurance which is the same underwriter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts